JNMC will strive to be an institution of excellence in teaching and training healthcare professionals capable of providing empathetic, humanistic and ethical medical care of international standards.
JNMC is committed to nurturing an academic environment conducive to acquiring and imparting high-quality education, conducting innovative scientific research and providing constructive community services in alignment with the vision of Sir Syed Ahmad Khan.
1. Achieving the aspirations of the National Health Policy by training doctors who can provide preventive, promotive, curative and rehabilitative healthcare.
2. Achieving Quality Standards and Programmatic Accreditation in accordance with National and International standards and job market requirements.
3. Creating an academic environment which attracts distinguished faculty and promotes their professional development.
4. Securing an educational environment conducive to innovative scientific research and lifelong self-directed learning.
5. Establishing and maintaining academic connections with our alumni and other institutions for promotion of collaborative learning by exchange of ideas, knowledge and resources.
The Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College consistently ranks among the 10-20 best medical colleges in India.
The Faculty of Medicine has two Colleges:
1. Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College (established on 2nd October 1962)
2. Dr. Ziauddin Ahmad Dental College (established on 1st January 1996)
The J N Medical College consists of 25 departments and the Z A Dental College consisting of 07 departments. Both these colleges have attached hospitals and in addition we have 3 centres which include the following.
1. R G Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology
2. Interdisciplinary Brain Research Center
3. Center for Cardiology
Faculty offers the following undergraduate/postgraduate courses
3. M. Ch. (Plastic Surgery)
6. P.G. Diplomas
7. Ph. D
8. Paramedical courses 8 Diploma
9. B Sc (Radiotherapy
The faculty consists of 240 teachers with extra-ordinary academic achievements. Most of the senior faculty have more than 30 years of teaching experience and are invited as experts in prestigious examinations like UPSC, DNB, MCH/DM as well as postgraduate and undergraduate courses all over the country. They also serve as MCI and DNB inspectors.
Majority of the junior faculty have completed the MCI Basic Course in Medical Education Technology. In addition we have 3 FAIMER Fellows. We continuously aim to provide ample opportunities for continuous professional development for our faculty by providing infrastructure, financial support and an academic environment conducive to research and publication .
There are more than 1500 students from all parts of the country right from Kashmir to Kanyakumari and Bengal to Gujrat pursuing different undergraduate and post graduate courses admitted through transparent All India Entrance Tests. The student demand ratio for UG courses is 1: 273 and PG courses is 1: 4.
We provide an open and non threatening learning environment to students and our student support system includes a well stocked library with latest online journals and a book bank, common rooms, canteen, residential hostels, sports facilities, healthcare, conveyance for female students etc. Students have an opportunity for all round personality development and hone their talents through the activities of the College Society and participation in College Fests, Conferences, Workshops which is constantly encouraged by faculty participation, mentoring and financial support both at the National and International level.
We are strictly committed to prevention of ragging in any form and have Anti Ragging Committee consisting of university administrators, faculty members and students. Regular Orientation Programmes are held for students at each stage of their development to help them cope with new challenges as they advance in their academic years.