Services provided by the Computer Centre :
- Campus Network Management: Operations and Maintenance of existing AMU campus network covering approximately 95 KM of OFC (Optical Fibre Cabling) and connecting all the faculties/departments of studies, administrative blocks, central library, various colleges (JNMC, ZHCET, Women's College, Tibbiya College, SSSB, etc.) and 20 halls of residences.
- Internet Services (2GBps): AMU internet services are being provided by computer center across the Campus. University users can avail of the internet facility using either of the following two channels:
- Wired Internet Services are made available to all the eligible users across the campus through the campus network of AMU being managed and maintained by Prof. M. N. Faruqui Computer Centre.
- Wireless Internet Services: AMU campus is Wi-Fi enabled. These Wi-Fi services are made available to students residing in all the 20 halls of residences using state of the art networking technology solution of CISCO.
The entire setup of wired LAN as well as wireless LAN is being managed and maintained in-house.
- E-mail Services: Institutional E-mail services for AMU employees and research scholars for secure and hassle-free communication across the world.
- FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) Adoption Support Services: A Centre of Excellence (COE) for FOSS adoption has been established to facilitate, support, and catalyze the adoption of free and open-source software in the University. The initiative of FOSS promotion is helping the end-user community of the University to minimize the financial burden of expensive proprietary software without sacrificing the functional needs of end-user departments. FOSS COE organizes various short-term courses aimed at skill development of nominated resources of various departments from time-to-time.
- Technology Consulting Services: Technical support to various faculties of studies/departments of studies/Project Investigators (PI).
- Domain Hosting Services: Computer Centre is offering subdomains of amu.ac.in, as a service for enabling departments within AMU to host their websites within the existing technology infrastructure currently available at Computer Centre.
- Cloud Computing Services: Prof. M. N. Faruqui Computer Centre is in the process of establishing and augmenting cost-effective Cloud Computing Services, for various departments of the University. A basic version of Private Cloud Data Centre has been established for the same to facilitate the provisioning of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) by offering customized virtual servers for various departments requiring heavy computing infrastructure (servers) with 24x7 operational availability requirements. If the requirement is such that it cannot be accommodated in the private cloud then appropriate public/hybrid cloud solutions are recommended to the requisitioning department for the facilitation of computing needs of the end-users department.
- A Smart Communication Services (via email and SMS) designed and maintained in-house at Prof. M. N. Faruqui Computer Centre, is very handy for sending point-to-point and broadcast messages to various categories of target recipients (like hall wise students/Officers/Chairman/Deans/All teaching staff etc.) from time to time.
- AMU website (amu.ac.in) is a dynamic website, managed by the Website Committee of AMU. In the present website, all teachers as well as department heads are content editors for their respective areas. The website has provided suitable privileges in the content management solution to enable content owners (teachers as well as department heads) for maintaining their respective contents using self-service portal logins provided to all content owners. The central content of the website is maintained by the office of PRO (Public Relations Officer), AMU. All content owners are respective content editors as well. The website committee evaluates suggestions/requests for enhancement/feedback/comments and oversees the standardization of the AMU website. All recommendations for changes to the existing design/structure of the website are comprehensively examined through a due-diligence process of change impact assessment. During periodic meetings of the website committee, change impact assessment reports are considered thoroughly prior to decision making on change requests.
- An IT-HelpDesk is being established as per the best practices framework (ITIL v3) and the same is envisaged to be a Single Point of Contact (SPoC) for ICT users of the University for Technical Support to the university users community for all the ICT-Services, as per the service catalogue of Prof. M. N. Faruqui Computer Centre.
- A Self Service Intranet Portal (intranet.amu.ac.in) has been developed and implemented University-wide to cater to the automation needs of the University. It is an effort being made to adopt the technology and paperless culture in the University. Currently, the live solution is made available to the students which envisaged online application of University Wi-Fi Account, AMU Institutional Email ID, Changing of Wi-Fi password, changing of MAC Address of their devices online using the AMU Network.