Ajmal Khan Tibbiya College
AJMAL KHAN TIBBIYA COLLEGE & HOSPITAL
Aligarh Muslim University,
Aligarh-202002 (U.P.), INDIA
To foster the natural, safest, affordable and most acceptable traditional system of treatment i.e., The Unani System of Medicine. The prime goal is to promote, nurture and to nourish the aspirants in the field to serve the community at National Global level. Ajmal Khan Tibbiya College is only premier Institution for Graduate & Post Graduate education of Unani System of Medicine in Indian subcontinent. It was named after legendary figure Hakeem Ajmal Khan. It is one of the ancient Institutions established in 1927. In 1937 the foundation stone for the new building of the Tibbiya College was laid down and 1939 foundation of Tibbiya College Hospital was laid down. Ajmal Khan Tibbiya College also imparts training to the Interns for routine immunization, clinical duties, field surveys, data collection and statistical analysis. Based on the performance of this College the Ministry of AYUSH Govt. of India has granted the College the status of a Model College and we are thriving hard to get the College as an Institute of Excellence in the future.
AJMAL KHAN TIBBIYA COLLEGE HOSPITAL
The associated hospital namely Ajmal Khan Tibbiya College Hospital imparts teaching and training at the PG and UG levels. It is also contributing in healthcare needs of the people. Our hospital is 120 bedded and occupancy remains more than 60%. In OPD on an average 400-450 patients are being treated with free distribution of Unani Medicines. While I.P.D. patients are also treated free of cost alongwith free meals and breakfast. Operations and maternity services are also provided without any charge from the patients.
FOLLOWING OPDS ARE FUNCTIONING IN THE HOSPITAL:
1. Unani Moalejat (Unani Medicine)
2. Jarahat (Surgery)
3. Amraz-e-Niswan (Gynae. and Obst.)
4. Amraz-e-Ain (Ophthalmology)
5. Amraz-Unz Anaf wa Halaq (ENT)
6. Modern Medicine.
7. Amraz-e-Jild-wa-Tazeeniyat (Skin,V.D.&Cosmetology)
8. Ilaj Bit Tadbeer (Regimenal Therapy)
9. Tahaffuzi-Wa-Samaji (Community Medicine)
10. Amraze Atfal (Pediatrics)
2. Labour Room
3. Operation Theatre
4. Unani Pharmacy
5. Free Meals to Patients
6. Ambulance Service
7. 24 hrs. power supply
8. Free Medicines to OPD / IPD patients.
9. X-Ray Section
11. Pathology Lab.
12. Private Ward
SPECIALIZED TREATMENT / FACILITIES AVAILABLE:
1. Most advance Unani treatment
2. Major / Minor Surgical Operations
3. Endoscopy / Laparoscopy facilities
4. Regimenal Therapy
PROPOSED WORK IN XIIITH PLAN:
Ø Construction of O.P .D. Block.
Ø Central Pathology/Bio-Chemistry Lab.
Ø Ilaj-Bil- Tadbeer (Regimenal Therapy) Unit.
Ø Construction of Special Wards.
Ø Renovation & Establishment of Highly Equipped Operation Theatre.
Ø Renovation & Establishment of Hospital Pharmacy.
Ø General repair & maintenance of College & Hospital Buildings.
Ø Establishment of Central Museum ( In Scientific Society Building after its vacation)
AJMAL KHAN TIBBIYA COLLEGE & HOSPITAL
AT A GLANCE
There are Twelve Department of studies namely:-
1. Department of Amraze Niswan wa Atfal ( UG & PG).
2. Department of Ilmul Adviya (UG & PG)
3. Department of Jarahat (UG & PG)
4. Department of Kulliyat( UG & PG)
5. Department of Moalijat (UG & PG)
6. Department of Tahaffuzi wa Samaji Tib (UG & PG)
7. Department of Saidla (UG & PG Diploma)
8. Department of Tashreeh
9. Department of Amraz-e-Jild wa Zohrawia
10. Department of Ilaj Bit Tadbir
11. Department of Ilmul Amraz
12. Department of Munafeul Aza
The College offers the following Under-Graduate/Post-Graduate Courses/P.G. (Diploma).
PG (Diploma in Saidla)
OTHER INFRASTRUCTURE NAMELY:-
Ø Central Library/Reading Room
Ø Research Lab.
Ø Animal House
Ø Girls Common Room
Ø College Auditorium
Ø Labs attached to various teaching departments
Ø Science Lab.
Ø Smart Class Rooms
Ø Administrative Block
Ø College Bus