Department of Mechanical Engineering
Bachelor of Technology (Mechanical Engineering)
Classroom teaching (lecture, tutorial, practical), course work, Mid-sem exams and End-sem exams.
Some of our pass-outs go for higher studies at IITs, IIMs in India as well as abroad through GATE, GMAT, GRE, etc, while others find placement through campus and otherwise in MNCs in India as well as abroad such as Blue Star, HCL, TCS, IBM, TATA Motors, Maruti Udhyog Ltd., Thermax, etc. Some of them are absorbed in Public Sector undertakings such as ONGC, BHEL, NTPC, HPCL, BARC, etc.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO-1 : To prepare graduates with a solid foundation in engineering, Science and Technology for a successful career in Mechanical Engineering.
PEO-2 : To prepare graduates to become effective collaborators/innovators in efforts to address social, technical and engineering challenges.
PEO-3 : To prepare graduates to engage in professional development through self-study, graduate and professional studies in engineering & business.
PEO-4 : To equip graduates with integrity and ethical values so that they become responsible Engineers.
Program Specific Outcomes
PSO-1 : Ability to apply engineering knowledge to solve real-world problems related to mechanical engineering and associated disciplines.
PSO-2 : Ability to work professionally in industry or as an entrepreneur for sustainable development of society with high ethical standards.
PSO-3 : Ability to pursue higher education, lifelong learning and contribute to nation-building.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design / Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or process that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, healthy, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solution in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member of leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long Learning: Recognize and need
for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and
life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Quite a large of them are selected in companies in India as well as abroad such as Blue Star, TATA Motors, SABIC, ARAMCO, etc. Some of them go for Masters and are absorbed in Research Organizations in India as well as abroad.