Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Excellent Job Prospects with 100% employment
The students should be able to diagnose and treat common orthopaedic diseases.
Students should be able to present /publish scientific research at various state, national and international platforms
Students should be able to document individual case detail as well as morbidity and is a skeletal trauma patient.
Students should be able to plan and advice rehabilitation of the patient suffering from any limb amputation or from paralysis due to spinal cord injury.
Students should be able to a show empathy to ward patient and their family members as per the societal norms in cases of any mental turmoil arising due to any orthopaedic trauma or disease.
Students should have sufficient understanding of the basic sciences in orthopaedic surgery
- Demonstrate sufficient understanding of the basic sciences relevant to the Orthopaedics.
- Diagnose and manage majority of the conditions in the orthopaedic speciality concerned on the basis of clinical assessment, and appropriately selected and conducted investigations.
- Demonstrate skills in documentation of individual case details as well as morbidity and mortality rate relevant to the assigned situation.
- Demonstrate empathy and humane approach towards patients and their families and exhibit interpersonal behaviour in accordance with the societal norms and expectations.
- Play the assigned role in the implementation of national health programme, effectively and responsibly.
- Organize and supervise the chosen/assigned health care services demonstrating adequate managerial skills in the clinic/hospital or the field situation.
- Develop skills as a self-directed learner, recognize continuing education needs; select and use appropriate learning resources.
- Demonstrate competence in basic concepts of research methodology and epidemiology, and be able to critically analyze relevant published research literature.
- Develop skills in using educational methods and techniques as applicable to the teaching of medical/nursing students, general physicians and paramedical health workers.
- Function as an effective leader of a health team engaged in health care, research or training.
To produce an orthopaedic specialist who shall recognise the health needs of the community and carry out professional obligations ethically and in keeping with the objectives of national health programs.
To develop skills of being aware of contemporary advances and development in the field of orthopaedic surgery.
The student shall have acquired a spirit of scientific inquiry and is oriented to the principles of research methodology and epidemiology relevant to orthopaedics.
The student shall have acquired the basic skills in teaching of orthopaedics for the medical and paramedical professionals.
The student shall have mastered most of the competencies, pertaining to the orthopaedic speciality, that are required to be practiced at the secondary and the tertiary levels of the health care delivery system.