M.D. (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy)
DermaotoSurgery, Cosmo Laser Therapy, Acne, Melasma, Bullous Disorders
House No. C-3, Green Apartment, Anoopshahar Road, ,Aligarh- 202001 (U.P)
I am serving as Chairman, Department of
Dermatology since 23.08.2011. I have more than 22 years of teaching experience
in dermatology. I did clinical attachment at the Glaxo Department of
Dermatology, Middlesbrough, England, UK.
I am also working as In-charge, Cosmo-laser clinic & STI clinic. During my chairmanship, I have been able to start a new course of M.D. (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy) in 2014 with an initial intake of two students annually and thus was able to make our Department as Post Graduate Department of Dermatology. The First batch of M.D. (DVL) exam was conducted successfully under MCI Inspection in the month of June 2017 and MCI gave recognition to our two M.D. (DVL) seats. The number of M.D. (DVL) seats was increased from two to five from the academic session 2017-18 which were recognised in 2020 by the NMC. I have also started Laser Therapy, Phototherapy, Dermatosurgery and established the specialized Acne Clinic, STI Clinic, Leprosy Clinic, Psoriasis Clinic, Pigmentary disease & Vitiligo Clinic and Autoimmune & Vesiculobullous Disease Clinic in the Department. I have also been a postgraduate examiner to various universities, MCQ paper setter for DNB course, subject expert of various State Public Service Commissions. I have supervisor/co-supervisor of 21 M.D. theses of dermatology and other specialities. Teaching Dermatology to M.D. (DVL), MBBS, BDS and Physiotherapy students is also a part of my duty. I have been attending several Training programmes, Workshops, National and International Conferences, presented papers and chaired sessions at several conferences and have published 92 scientific papers in reputed national/international journals. My main areas of specializations are Acne, Leprosy, Melasma, Bullous disorders and Dermatosurgery especially the Cosmo laser Surgery. I am Member, Editorial Advisory Board, Indian Journal of Clinical Dermatology; Life Member, Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venerologists and Leprologists; and Member, Society for Pediatric Dermatology.
1. Comparison of efficacy & safety of 30% hydrogen peroxide with 50% trichloroacetic acid in seborrheic keratosis: a randomized control study. Italian Journal of Dermatology & Venereology 2021;156:489-495.
2. Efficacy of topical 5% 5-fluorouracil with needling versus 5% 5-fluorouracil alone in stable vitiligo: A randomized controlled study. Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery 2020;13:197-203.
3. Impact on quality of life in patients with dermatophytosis. Australasian Journal of Dermatology 2020;61:e184-188.
4. The impact of onychopathies on quality of life: a hospital based cross-sectional study. Indian Dermatol Online Journal 2020;11:187-94.
5. Intralesional vitamin D3 in recalcitrant palmoplantar and periungual warts: A prospective, observational study. Acta Dermatovenerologica Croatia 2019;27:215-224.
6. Topical corticosteroid abuse- risk factors and consequences. JDA Indian Journal of Clinical Dermatology 2019;2:72-77.
7. Comparative study of efficacy of topical mometasone with calcipotriol versus mometasone alone in the treatment of alopecia areata. International Journal of Trichology 2019;11:123-127.
8. Leprosy in the post-elimination era: a clinico-epidemiological study from a north Indian tertiary care hospital. Acta Dermatovenerologica Alpina, Panonica, et Adriatica 2019;28:7-10.
9. Prevalence of metabolic syndrome and its components in early onset androgenic alopecia: a case control study from a north Indian tertiary care hospital. TurkiyeKlinikleri Journal of Dermatology 2018;28:87-92.
10. Clinico-epidemiological study of morphea from a tertiary care hospital. Current Rheumatology Reviews 2018;14:251-254.