FACTS Controllers, AI applications in Power System
Millat Enclave, Behind Pan Wali Kothi, Dodhpur, Civil Lines, Aligarh-202001
Dr. Salman Hameed received the B.Sc.Engg. (Electrical) degree and M.Sc.Engg. (Power System and Drives) degree in 1988 and 1991 from the Department of Electrical Engineering, AMU Aligarh. He did his Ph.D. in the area of Power System (FACTS Controllers) from IIT Roorkee in 2008. At present, he is working as a Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering, AMU Aligarh. His teaching and research lies mainly in the area of Power System, Applications of AI techniques in Power system, Fuzzy Logic controller and application of Nano technology in solar PV cells. Prof. Salman is a gold medalist and a recipient of a University merit scholarship from Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), Aligarh. He is also a recipient of a QIP research fellowship from IIT Roorkee. He has delivered many invited talks at various institutes outside Aligarh. He has also chaired a number of technical session in the International and national conferences including a technical session held at Vancouver, Canada during August 07-08, 2014 (International Conference on Power Systems Engineering (ICPSE 2014). He has also visited Yokohama, Japan to present a paper at IEEE Conference, October 2002. He was Member - Expert Committee for ALL INDIA COUNCIL FOR TECHNICAL EDUCATION (AICTE), Central Regional Office, Bhopal in the year 2011-12. He has been the Advisor to UPSC, New Delhi. He is supervising three Ph.D. thesis right now and four Ph.D. thesis have been already supervised. He is a member of IEEE and a life member of System Society of India. He has published several research papers in National and International Journals like International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems (Elsevier), Electric Power Systems Research (Elsevier) etc. and in various International and National conference proceedings in India and abroad. Presently, he is the Chairman of the Electrical Engineering Department, A.M.U., Aligarh.
For my latest publications click here.
- “Single-pole switching of EHV Transmission line with Capacitance Grounding”, IEEE Power Engineering Review, Volume 22, Issue 9, September 2002 Page(s): 45-46
- A self-tuning fuzzy PI controller for TCSC to improve power system stability”, Electric Power Systems Research (Elsevier), Vol. 78, No.-10, October 2008, pp: 1726-1735
- “Reduced rule base self-tuning fuzzy PI controller for TCSC”, International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems (Elsevier), Volume 32, Issue 9, November 2010, Page(s): 1005-1013
- “Effect of Doping on Electrical and Optical properties of Zirconium Doped and Undoped Titanium Dioxide Nanoparticle”, International Journal of Advanced Science, Engineering and Medicine, Vol. 6 (2014) – American Scientific Publishers ) (ISSN-2164-6627) pp: 1-7
- “Influence of Ce Doping on the Electrical and Optical Properties of TiO2 and its Photocatalytic Activity for the Degradation of Remazol Brilliant Blue R”, International Journal of Photoenergy ( 2013 )(Article ID- 768348) pp: 1-9
- “Study of Electrical and Optical Properties of Synthesized Tungsten Doped and Undoped Titanium Dioxide Nanoparticle: Improved Performance in Dye Sensitized Solar Cells”, Journal of Nanoengineering and Nanomanufacturing, Vol. 4 (2014), pp: 1
- “Electrical and Optical Properties of Nickel- and Molybdenum-Doped Titanium Dioxide Nanoparticle: Improved Performance in Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells”, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, Volume 23(9) September 2014(ISSN- 1059-9495), pp:31843192
- “Improvement of Power System Stability Using Genetically Optimized SVC Controller” International journal of Systems Assurance Engineering and Management (ISSN: 0975-6809), (Springer Publications) (Oct-Dec 2014), Volume 5, Number 4 pp. 475-486
- “Electrical Conductivity Measurement Studies of Polyacrylonitrile/Polypyrrole (PAN/Ppy) Composite”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (IJAREEIE), Volume 3, Issue 9, September 2014 (ISSN: 2278-8875), pp: 12225-12230
- “Studies on the Electrical Conductivity Measurement of Organic/Organic Composite Polyvinyl alcohol/Polyaniline (PVA/PANI)”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (IJAREEIE), Volume 3, Issue 10, September 2014 (ISSN: 2278-8875), pp: 12731-12736