Biomedical Signal Processing, Feature Extraction for Speech Recognition Applications, Man Machine Communication
Dept. of Electronics Engineering, Z. H. College of Engg. and Technology, A. M. U. Aligarh
Omar Farooq joined the Department of Electronics Engineering, AMU Aligarh as Lecturer in 1992 and is currently working as a Professor. He was awarded Commonwealth Scholar from 1999-2002 towards PhD at Loughborough University, UK, and a one-year UKIERI postdoctoral fellowship in 2007-08. His broad area of research interest is signal processing with a specialization in speech recognition. Currently, he is working in the area of biomedical signal processing on three collaborative research projects. He has authored/coauthored over 250 papers in refereed academic journals & conference proceedings and steered 9 researchers to PhD graduation. He is a Fellow of Acoustical Society of India (ASI) and a Fellow of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineer (IETE), India. He is also a Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, (IEEE, USA).
Tehreem Fatima Zaidi, Omar Farooq, "EEG Sub-bands based Sleep Stages Classification using Fourier Synchrosqueezed Transform Features" Expert Systems with Applications Available online 8 September 2022, 118752, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2022.118752
- SM Khan, AA Khan, O Farooq, "Pattern recognition of EMG signals for low level grip force classification", Biomedical Physics & Engineering Express 7 (6), 065012, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1088/2057-1976/ac2354.
- SM Khan, AA Khan, O Farooq, "EMG based classification for pick and place task", Biomed. Phys. Eng. Express, 7 (3), 035021, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1088/2057-1976/abfa81.
- R Khan, M Muzammil, O Farooq, "Design and fabrication of active noise control system for a grass cutter", Noise & Vibration Worldwide 52 (4-5), 86-92, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1177/0957456521999833.
- KA Khan, PP Shanir, YU Khan, O Farooq, “A hybrid Local Binary Pattern and wavelets-based approach for EEG classification for diagnosing epilepsy”, Expert Systems with Applications 140, 112895, 2020,
- SM Khan, AA Khan, O Farooq, “Selection of Features and Classifiers for EMG-EEG-Based Upper Limb Assistive Devices-A Review”, IEEE Reviews in Biomedical Engineering, vol. 13, pp. 248-260, 2020, 10.1109/RBME.2019.2950897.
- G. Chandel, P. Upadhyaya, O. Farooq and Y. U. Khan, "Detection of Seizure Event and Its Onset/Offset Using Orthonormal Triadic Wavelet Based Features," IRBM, Volume 40, Issue 2, pp. 103-112, 2019, doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.irbm.2018.12.002.
- Muhammed Shanir P P, Kashif Ahmad Khan, Yusuf U. Khan, Omar Farooq, Hojjath Adeli, “Automatic Seizure Detection Based On Morphological Features Using One Dimensional Local Binary Pattern On Long Term EEG” Journal of Clinical EEG and Neuroscience, Sage Publication.Volume: 49 Issue: 5, pp. 351-362, September 1, 2018, DOI.
- Prashant Upadhyaya, Omar Farooq, M R Abidi, "Mel scaled M-band wavelet filter bank for speech recognition" International Journal of Speech Technology, Springer Vol. 21, Issue 4, pp. 797-807, 2018.
- Syed S. Ahmed, Siddharth Bhardwaj, Md. Kalim Ansari, Omar Farooq, Abid Ali Khan, "Role of 1.5 mm microplates in treatment of symphyseal fracture of mandible: A stress analysis based comparative study" Journal of Oral Biology and Craniofacial Research, doi: 10.1016/j.jobcr.2017.03.009, pp. 119-122, 2017.