M.S. (Gen. Surgery), FMAS, FIGE, PhD.
GI Endoscopy, ERCP & Laparoscopic Surgery.
A-1, Medical Colony, AMU, Aligarh -202002 (U.P.) India
Prof. Mohammad Habib Raza passed his high school from Bishop West Cott Boys School, Ranchi in 1974. He joined Aligarh Muslim University in 1975. He was awarded University medal for standing first in the Pre-Medical examination of Aligarh Muslim University. He did his MBBS from Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh Muslim University in 1982. He did his post-graduation MS (General Surgery) in 1986 .He was awarded PhD in Surgery in 2019 as a teacher candidate. The Topic of his PhD thesis was Correlation between p53 gene polymorphism and H. pylori infection in endoscopic biopsies of suspected cases esophageal cancer. He joined the teaching faculty of Aligarh Muslim University as Lecturer in 1988. He was appointed as Reader/ Associate Professor in Aligarh Muslim University in 1998 and Professor of Surgery in 2006.He was the Chairman of the department of surgery, Aligarh Muslim University from 2012 to 2015. He joined Sebha University, Libiya, on leave from his parent institution in 1995, where he worked as Associate Professor and Professor of surgery. He also worked in Saudi Arabia as a Surgical Specialist in King Faisal Hospital, Taif under the Ministry of Health. He has published 60 papers in International and National Journals. He has written 03 Chapters in text books and presented 35 papers in International and National Conferences. He has attended 75 International / National conferences as Faculty/Delegate. He has supervised 20 Thesis for the award of MS and MD degree and 05 are ongoing. He was given Young Outstanding Surgical Teacher Award at Benaras Hindu University, Varanasi in 2007.He has been awarded Eminent Senior Surgical Teacher Award by the UP Association of Surgeons of India in 2019. He was the pioneer in establishing Laparoscopic Surgery and Gastrointestinal Endoscopy units at Aligarh Muslim University in 2004. He along with Professor Madad Ali from USA were instrumental in starting ERCP and Theraputic gastro intestinal endoscopic procedures at Jawahar lal Nehru Medical College,Aligarh. His Research interests include Helicobacter pylori infection and its role in different disease states and Etiopathogenesis of oesophageal cancer and cancer prevention strategies. He has been an outstanding athlete and sportsperson during his school days and university life. He is elected member of Academic Council and is a member of the Ordinance Committee of Aligarh Muslim University. He is also a member of various Scientific bodies and Associations like Association of Surgeons of India (ASI), Society of Endolaparoscopic Surgeons of India (SELSI)etc.He is the member of the Editorial board of various International Journals.
- Sherwani RK, Kumar A, Raza MH. Pol J Pathol. Haemorrhoids or anal melanoma, importance of preoperative histopathological: a case report.. 2010;61 (1): 46-8. Poland
- Raza M.H., RabA.Z.,Khan S., Ahmad R.Biliary Cystadenoma MinickingHydatid Cyst. The Saudi Journal of Gastroenterology 2009, Vol.15, Issue 3, 199-200 Saudi Arabia
- Harris S.H. Raza M.H. Rectal Barotrauma Causing Colonic Perforation: A Rare Case Report. The Middle East Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2003, Vol. 3(1), 131 Qatar
- Ashraf S.M., Raza M.H., Crohns Disease of the Colon: Difficulties in the diagnosis. Sebha Medical Journal, Libya, 1999, Vol. 2(1), 64-65. Libya
- Raza M.H. Ibrahim A.M. Eshnaf. Serum Immunoglobulin levels in Non-Diabetics, Diabtics and Diabetics with Surgical Complications. Sebha Medical Journal, Libya, 1999, Vol.2(1), 33-37. Libya
- Raza M.H., Aleem. The work of AbulQasim al -Zahrawi and his contribution to Modern Surgery. JIMA of North America- 1994, 26, 32-34.U.S.A.
- Raza M., Taqeer M., Saadiya S. Surgical Sympathectomy in Advanced Buerger;s disease (Abstract) JIMA of North America- 1993 (25) 132. U.S.A.
- Raza M.H., Hussain M.A,Biliary peritonitis due to rupture of Intra-hepatic duct. Postgraduate Med. Journal, 1992, 490. England
- Coeliac plexus block in patients with intractable Abdominal Pain Raza M.H.Proceedings of the Conference of the Royal College of Surgeon and Physicians (Glasgow) 1992,282-286. India
- Aslam M.H., Khan N.A, Raze MH, Gentamicine induced dose related alterations in lipid levels and lipid peroxidation in central auditory pathway of the rat. Exp. Pathol. 1990; 38; 165-169. Germany
- Aslam M., Raza M.H., Tyagi S.P.Primary Osteogenic Sarcoma of the maxilla. Pakistan Jr. of Otolarygology, 1988, 4, 103-105
- Trauma Update – 2013, Surgery:- Vol-26, 2013
- AZ Rab, MH Raza. Occult malignancy of gallbladder in patient undergoing elective cholecystectomy. Bionotes 2014; 16(1): 4-6.
- Prof. M H Raza, Dr. M Sadik Akhtar, “Cholecystpyloric fistula with gastric outlet obstruction” a rare form of gallstone illus and management. Surgery,2013 Vol 25(30); 40-42
- Dr. Manzoor Ahmad, Prof. M H Raza. A clinical and microbiological study of diabetic foot patients at JNMC, AMU, Aligarh. Surgery, 2013, Vol26(31): 32-37
- Prof M H Raza, Dr. M Sadik Akhtar, Dr. Manzoor Ahmad. Trichobezor in a young women: A case report. Surgery 2013, Vol 26(31): 40-44
- Prof. M H Raza, Dr. Manzoor Ahmad. Radiological Quiz. Surgery, 2013, Vol 25(30); 46-47
- Raza MH, Sherwani R, Khan F. The Role of Chromoendoscopy in the diagnosis of Upper Gastro intestinal diseases. Surgery, 2012, Vol 23(28): 18-20
- Raza MH, ShahbazAlam. Radiological Quiz. Surgery, 2012, Vol 23(28): 46-47.
- Saeed S, Raza MH. Medico-legal aspects of penetrating abdominal trauma. Surgery, 2011, Vol 22(27):33-36.
- Raza M H, wahab. S. Khan F.A. Prevalence of H. Pylori infection in patients undergoing upper G.I. endoscopy and relationship of H. Pylori infection with common upper G.I disorders. Surgery: 2010. Vol 20,25:38-42
- Raza MH, Code of conduct for doctors and professional association of doctors in their relationship with pharmaceutical companies. Surgery 2010, Vol 20, 25: 7-9.
- Raza M.H, Day Care Surgery. Surgery: 2008 18, 28-1-4
- Alam K, Maheswari, V Zafar. V Haque ME, Raza MH, An experience with 1000 appendicetomies at King Faisal Hospital, Raif, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Surgery: 2008; 18, 13-18.
- Khan N, Afroz N, Fatima U, Raza MH, Rab AZ, Giant Primary mesenteric liposarcoma: A rare case report. Indian J PatholMicrobiol, 2007, Vol. 50, No. 4, 787-789.
- Raza M.H, What us evidence based medicine? Surgery; 17 (22), 2-4.
- Usmani H, Ali WM, Raza M.H., Aslam M, Nasree F, Amir S.H. Role of low dose midazolam - ketamine Combination in minor Surgical procedures under Local anaesthsia. Surgery; 2007, 17 (22)
- Raza M.H., Telemedicine - why do we need it? Surgery, 2006 16,2-3.
- Raza MH, Rab A.Z, Rehmani B, Abrari A, Kumar R, Recurrent Perineal Neurofibroma. Surgery; 2006, 16,39-40.
- Raza MH, Nosocomial infection, Doctor, Please wash your hands! Surgery, 2005, 15,2-4.
- Usmani G, Khan F.A, Raza MH, Qaudir A, Bano S, Siddiqui MMH, Chemical sympathecomy for thromboangitis obliterans, Comparison with Surgical Sympathectomy. Surgery;2005, 28-31.
- Harris S.H., VermaA.K.Khan R, Raza M.H., Anees A, Serum biochemical Markers in the prognostication of breast cancer. Surgery; 2005, 15, 24-27.
- Saeed S, Rizvi SJ, Raze MH. An epidemiological and Medicolegal Study of Non-penetrating injuries of the abdomen at J.N. medical college, Hospital, AligarhJournal of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology 2005, 22 (2), 34-37.
- Mahfouz SA, Raza MH, Babahir, Manzoor, Alam K, Ershad. Clinico-Pathological study of Colo-rectal cancer at King Faisal Hospital, Taif, Saudi Arabia. Indian Medical Gazett; 2004, Vol. CXXXVIII, 4, 171-175
- Raza MH, Harris SH, Khan MA.Laparoscopic Vs Open Cholecystectomy - An early experience. Indian Medical Gazette; 2003, CXXXVI, 7, 251-253.
- Raza mH, Sebha.Accidental Discovery of Bleeding Gastric Leiomyoma in patient with intr-uterine fetal death. Medical Journal, 1998, Vol. 1(3), 138-139.
- Raza M.H., Aslam M, Saadiya S. Hydatid Cyst of the Parotid - A rare clinical entity. Ind. Med. Gazette, 1994, Vol. CXXVIII, No.3, 106-108.
- Raza M.H., Varshney G.P. Ciprofloxacin versus a combination of Ampicillin and Gentamycin in Severe Abdominal infection. Indian Med Gazette, 1992, CXXVI, No.7, 198-202.
- Raza M.H., Saadiya S., Ashraf S.M. Prolapse of small intestine through Vaginal introitus, Jr of Ind. Med. Assoc., 1993(10) 274.
- Ashraf S.M. Raza M.H., Aziz Mehr, Bhat F.PrimaryEving’s Sarcoma of theTerminal Phalanx - A case report Indian Med Gazette, 1993, Vol. CXXVIII, No.8, 263-265.