Constitute a committee consisting of three persons including the Provost.
Prepare the list of various items required for the hall.
Make routine purchases through GEM.
Prepare the comparative statement of the rate of items, including terms and conditions mentioned by different firms.
Call a meeting of the purchase committee and place the comparative statement along with all relevant records before the committees send order for supply in the light of recommendations of the purchase committee.
Sanction of Leave
The leave applications and leave records of Non-Teaching Staff and Technical Staff are maintained in a register properly.
The leave applications are verified and signed by the Provost.
Then the leave applications are dispatched and forwarded to the Competent Authority for approval.
Disposal of Work
- The Complains of the students are received in Complaints and Suggestions box of hall website. It is immediately put before the concerned Wardens of the hostel or the Provost of the hall for immediate redressal.
- Similar procedures are there for in person applications by the students.
For official correspondence or reply of letter by other authorities of the university, the letters are drafted and after the correction by Provost , a reply is sent to the concerned office.
Then the letters are verified and signed by the Provost.
The dispatch number is entered on the correspondence letter and sentto the addressee.
Then the letters are sent to the addressee via dak (internal) and via speed post (external).
- The RTIs are disposed off within stipulated time.
Correspondence/ Letters Received
The letters/mails are received from departments, faculties and offices of the University/various places.
Then the letters are entered in the received register.
Then the letters placed in front of the Provost.
The Provost marks the letters and assign/ mark related work to the concerned staff.
Attendance of Hall staff
- Proper attendance register is maintained in the hall.
- The hall staff signs the register on daily basis.
- The staff on leave is marked accordingly in the register.
- On receipt of complaint/ grievance, Grievance
Committee shall segregate the complaint, discuss with the concerned committee
and thereafter direct the said complaint to the respective committee;
- Complaints of general nature shall be considered by this committee and resolved accordingly.
- The concerned committee shall investigate the cases directed accordingly.
- If required, a hearing with the complainant or clarification from the concerned may be taken.
- The complainant shall be informed about the action taken by the committee.
- If the complaint/ grievance is found invalid, the complaint and the person against whom the complaint is made will be informed accordingly and penal action may be taken.
- The complaint, in any case, shall be resolved within one month from the date of filing the complaint.
- If the complaint is of serious nature and cannot be handled at the office level, the committee shall refer the case to the competent authority (Proctor, AMU).
Dining Hall/ Kitchen
- The Dining Hall of Sir Syed Hall (North) has 300 seating capacity.
- Around 500 students have their breakfast/ meals on full strength shift wise.
- Crockery available with the Dining Hall is for 1000 students.
- Sweeping and Mopping is on daily basis maintaining good quality hygiene.
- Cleaning of crockery is to be done in the following steps:
a) Washing with normal water
b) Applying soap water
c) Rinsing with hot water
d) Wiping out the rinsed crockery with a dry cloth
e) The crockery is to be properly wrapped and kept in cabinetries.
- The Dining Tables are properly cleaned on regular basis.
- The bearers are advised to be in proper hygienic uniform with face masks, head caps, and hand gloves.
General Hygiene and Cleanliness
- For rooms and corridors, sweeping is done on daily basis and mopping is done on alternate days.
- Toilets are cleaned (washing/ mopping) with cleaning agent on daily basis.
- The lawns are maintained to give a beautiful look to the hall.
- Disinfectant spray in rooms is done on routine basis in consultation with MAS.
- Fogging in the Hall premises is done on routine basis in consultation with MAS.
- Dustbins are placed in each hostel and other important places for waste disposal.
- Instructions are posted at important places in the hall to follow covid-19 guidelines.