Maulana Azad Library
Maulana Azad Library is the Central Library of the Aligarh Muslim University which is famous for its invaluable collections of manuscripts, rare books and artifacts. M.A. Library currently holds about 14 lakhs volumes of books and subscribes to popular research journals and databases. The library meets the needs of its students, academics and research scholars with a wide range of library services provided by more than 110 college and departmental libraries including Engineering College Library, Medical College Library, Social Science Cyber Library and Ajmal Khan Tibbiya College Library.
The Maulana Azad Library’s vision is to cater to the informational, academic and research needs of the University fraternity, primarily and global community in general, thus, enabling the Aligarh Muslim University to achieve excellence in teaching, learning and research.
The Mission of Maulana Azad Library is to provide user-oriented library services to enhance the teaching, learning and research activities of the Aligarh Muslim University by providing them with high quality academic and research resources.
To achieve the vision and mission of the library, the Maulana Azad Library has the following objectives:
Select, acquire and organise high quality, relevant and up to date information resources according to need and requirement of the university fraternity;
Select and depute qualified, experienced and dedicated library staff to offer high-quality library services to the users;
Develop, maintain and promote a wide range of library services to optimise the use of library resources;
Organise frequently user orientation and staff training programmes for optimum utilisation of the resources of the library; and
Adopt the latest tools and technologies to provide library services to the users more effectively and efficiently.
- Maulana Azad Library is providing access to Grammarly, an English writing assistance tool for of university. For creation of account, faculty members are requested the submit the Google Form. After submission of form, users will receive an auto-generated email from the Grammarly to activate the same.
- Maulana Azad Library is providing access toplagiarism detection facility Turnitin to
- Faculty wise eBooks.
How to Access Online Library Resources:- Here is a video which guides on how to access available e-Resources within the campus network or from outside the campus.
A product of Elsevier is the largest abstract and citation database of peer reviewed literature including journal titles from many international publishers as well as some other sources such as Books, Book Chapters, Conference paper and Reviews etc. in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, arts and humanities. CLICK HERE to access Scopus.
Timings of the Library:- Due to rising cases of COVID-19 and guidelines of U.P. Government and in compliance of competent authority, the Reading Halls of the M.A. Library shall remain closed w.e.f. 15.04.2021 till further order. Only offices of the library shall function during 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily except holidays and on Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Maulana Azad Library is the top contributor to the National Digital Library of India (NDLI).
- Maulana Azad Library has been top contributor to Shodhganga during 2015 and currently is the sixth largest contributor. 8467 full text Ph.D. Theses of Aligarh Muslim University have been uploaded on Shodhganga website. Click Here to access theses.
- AMU is the winner of ProQuest/Theses highest usage Award.
- INFLIBNET Centre has developed a statistical data repository of socio-economic and industrial data. The repository's aim is to provide access to wide range of unit level ASI and NSS datasets generated by Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), New Delhi seamlessly to the users across the country. New datasets, as and when released by MoSPI are also made available through the repository. All these datasets are provided free-of-cost to the researchers. The repository can be accessed from www.icssrdataservice.in/.
INFLIBNET centre has also introduced an online data analysis tool developed using R Programming and can be accessed from HERE.
List of Documents/Books on Display on Various Occasion
- River Ganga Repository :- A repository consisting of printed as well as digital literature on or about the River Ganga available through M.A. Library. Mirror Link
Library Membership Form for the Session 2020-21
Students may avail the Library Membership by filling up the online membership form to use library resources, facilities and services.