The SC/ST Cell was established in the University in the year 1983-84 in pursuance of the UGCs guidelines exclusively for the welfare of SC/ST candidates. The Cell has been assigned the responsibility to deal with matter regarding implementation of Govt. of Indias reservation policy for SC/ST candidates in admissions and appointments at the University. Presently, the SC/ST cell is working under the office of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC). The SC/ST Cell has been accomplishing the tasks as summarized here-under:
1. Processing matter and corresponding with the MHRD and UGC regarding reservation of SC/STs
2. Collecting and compilation of annual data in respect of strength of students and staff belonging to SC/ST category.
3. Maintains a Register for cases of caste discrimination, which is nil so far.
4. Disposing off RTI applications relating to the section.
5. The statistics regarding SC/ST/OBC & PwD can be accessed on the IQAC Home Page:
6. With reference to the letter No.F.1-7/2011(SCT) dated 15th May, 2015, you are requested to
write/lodge your complaint on any of the following email id: