Department of Architecture
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Department of Architecture
- The studio shall be opened by Lab/office attendant and the main power supply switched on.
- The attendant shall physically verify all the Movable/Removable electrical/electronic appliances/furniture etc. and report any loss immediately to the office
- Students are not allowed to shift the furniture/equipment from one studio to another.
- Students shall occupy the designated seats only.
- Malfunctioning of any Tube lights/fans etc. shall be reported immediately in the office of the chairman by Attendant.
- Studio will remain open after the class/studio hours only on the instruction of studio in-Charge.
- The windows and ventilators should be closed before locking the studio.
- Switch off the electrical/electronic equipment before locking the studio.
- Physically verify the items before locking. Report any loss immediately.
- Switch off the electrical mains outside the studio.
2.1 MODROBS LAB/PG LAB
The MODROBS Lab of the Department of Architecture serves to the need of B. Arch students and the PG Lab serves the M. Arch students. This lab includes practical knowledge of advanced software such as Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch up, Photoshop and many more related to the syllabus of undergraduate courses.
It is mandatory for the students to adhere to safety norms and procedures of the lab. They are required to follow the disciplinary rules. Students are expected to be prepared for the lab and should be able to design or prepare their assigned task with assistance from the staff and teachers concerned.
- Maintain decorum of the lab.
- Use the computer systems with responsibility and care.
- Any malfunction of equipment must be reported to the technical staff immediately.
- Don’t make noise in the lab.
- Do not work in Lab without the permission and knowledge of the Lab Technician.
The responsibilities of the Lab Staff members are as follows:
Opening of the Office by the Lab attendant.
Switching on the main power supply of the office.
Physically verifying all the Movable/Removable electrical/electronic appliances/furniture etc. and report any loss immediately to the office.
Ensuring that the Lab is cleaned every day.
Organizing laboratory in coordination with the Chairman/Teacher InCharge.
Regularly keeping and updating inventory records of all the materials and equipment in the laboratory, in addition to implementing the equipment maintenance schedule.
Helping the teacher with the preparation, presentation and production of course materials.
Receiving materials from suppliers, making sure of their compliance with the specifications and making entries.
Ensuring that health and safety procedures are followed in laboratory
Carrying out any other tasks assigned by the teachers/Chairman.
Close the windows and ventilators before locking the office.
Switch off the electrical/electronic equipment before locking the office.
Physically verify the items before locking. Report any loss to the Chairman immediately.
Switch off the electrical mains outside the office.
Guidelines will be formulated and the instructions shall be given to the lab assistant to ensure that the guidelines are followed.
Record file of users of the lab will be maintained
Students will be supervised and assisted on theoretical and practical work.
Academic counselling and career advice will be offered to students.
Before the start of the new semester, all the equipment of the laboratory will be tested and checked by the Laboratory staff. Requisition of any equipment will be raised through proper channel, if required.
Students will seek the help of the lab staff/teachers concerned in case of any difficulty.
Other students are not allowed to use the Lab facility during the allotted periods in the time-table, for the different course (enlisted below) to be conducted.
The Seminar will purchase the latest books, e-books, journals, e-journals, and newspapers to improve the knowledge and critical thinking of the students, researchers, and teachers.
The general guidelines and instructions issued by the Seminar In-charge for the proper functioning of the seminar should be followed by students as well as faculty.
The seminar shall be opened by Lab attendant and physically verification done. He will report any loss immediately to the office.
Students are not allowed to shift the furniture/equipment from the Seminar to any other room.
Malfunctioning of any Tube lights/fans etc. shall be reported immediately to the office of the chairman by Seminar Assistant.
Seminar will remain open after the class hours only on the instructions of Seminar-in-Charge.
The Seminar assistant shall maintain the register for students (Arrival and departure timing).
Bags shall be collected at entry point, before occupying seat.
The books shall be issued to students through ID card for reading in the seminar itself and returned to Seminar assistant before leaving the seminar.
The books in the seminar library are to be maintained subject wise.
The thesis shall be maintained session wise as well as name wise
LIBSYS software shall be used for data entry.
The windows and ventilators should be closed before locking the seminar. Switch off the electrical equipment before locking the Lab.