Department of Ophthalmology
News and Publication
1) Khan NA, Firdaus H, Shameem M, Waris A, Bhargava R. Bilateral choroid metastasis in a young nonsmoker male: A rare site of metastasis from squamous cell carcinoma lung. Clin Cancer Investig J 2021; 10:47-50.
2) Zakir SM, Alam MS, Askari SN, Imran M. Pattern of ocular morbidity among students in a school for visually impaired children in North India. Oman J Ophthalmol 2020; 13:24-8
3) Kauser F, Gupta Y, Amitava AK, Saxena J, Raza S A, Masood A, Alam MS. Do all children need a cycloplegic refraction? A comparison of Mohindra's versus cycloplegic refraction. Indian J Ophthalmol 2020; 68:2458-61
4) Amitava AK. Commentary: How useful is a deep learning smartphone application for screening for amblyogenic risk factors?. Indian J Ophthalmol 2020; 68:1411
5) Atif Rahman Raini, Humayoun Ashraf, Mohd. Ashraf, Mohd. Khalid, Ziya Siddiqui, Mohd. Maroof A Color Doppler Imaging Study of Ocular Haemodynamic Parameters in Normal Tension Glaucoma.DJO 2019; 29:53-57
6) Akhter, S.M.H., Mohammad, F. & Ahmad, S. Terminalia belerica Mediated Green Synthesis of Nanoparticles of Copper, Iron and Zinc Metal Oxides as the Alternate Antibacterial Agents Against some Common Pathogens. BioNanoSci. 9, 365–372 (2019).
7) SHAIK MOHAMMAD ZAKIR, ABHISHEK AGRAWAL, SAIYID N ASKARI, SHAMIM AHMAD Prophylactic effect of topical besifloxacin and moxifloxacin on the bacterial conjunctival flora before and after intraocular surgery. Indian Journal of Clinical Practice, Vol. 29, No. 12, May 2019.
8) Bhatia S, Siddiqui Z, Khan S A, Maheshwari R, Abedi A J, Intraindividual study of anxiety and pain in sequential cataract surgery. Indian J Clin Exp Ophthalmol 2019;5(4):585-588
- Dr. Syed Wajahat Ali Rizvi, Assistant Professor, Institute of Ophthalmology, AMU has been conferred the membership of prestigious Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2020.
- Dr. Ahmad Abdullah, Senior Resident, Institute of Ophthalmology, AMU has been conferred the membership of prestigious Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2020.
- The Institute of Ophthalmology has organized a "CME on Diseases of Uvea" under aegis of Uvea Society of India on 16 November, 2019.
- Alumni cum Scientific Meet of the Institute of Ophthalmology, AMU was organized on 17 & 18 November, 2018. The meet was attended by over 300 noted alumni.
- An extension lecture on Oculoplasty was delivered by Dr. Md. Shahid Alam, Consultant Orbit & Oculoplasty Shankar Nethralya on 31 July, 2018