Department of Sociology
Social Stratification among Muslims, Islamic Movements, Globalization and Culture, Sociology of Religion, Sociology of Health, Social Policy and Development, Research Methodology, Sociology of Education, Correctional Administration, Women`s Studies, Social Gerontology, Sociology of Development, Rural Sociology, Sociology of Marginalized Groups, Sociology of IT, Health and Gender Studies
Varies as per the availability of vacancy positions
A Ph.D. Sociology degree prepares for working in different fields like civil services, academic and research institutions, NGOs, government and private sector agencies, welfare agencies, data analysis and evaluation researcher, etc.
The Ph.D. Programme in Sociology aims to impart critical thinking skills to students and equip them to conduct rigorous research using both qualitative and quantitative research methods to advance the knowledge about society Another aim is the development of an appreciation for a disciplined inquiry, observation and research analysis of the social phenomena.
The purpose is to train future scholars in the fundamental skills of the discipline of sociology. Students will acquire advanced knowledge of sociological theory and research in their chosen areas of specialization within the discipline in order to make a significant and original contribution to the field and disseminate sociological knowledge through publication in scholarly journals and teaching in institutions of higher education.
1. Demonstrate good command on the subject matter including general sociological knowledge and its subfields
2. Explain and evaluate the ways in which sociological theories and methods are used outside of academic settings in the practice of sociology
3. Develop the ability to use appropriate research methods in sociological inquiries
4. To exhibit knowledge of some of the major substantive areas within the field of sociology and skills for both qualitative and quantitative analysis
5. Be able to conduct scholarly activities in a professional and ethical manner and teach the discipline at different levels
6. Expected to contribute to scholarly dialogue on social issues
7. Produce and defend original and significant contribution to the concerned discipline