Guidelines For Summer Winter School
Vision and Mission
In view of the rapid expansion of education and taking into account the status of Alumni/ae of this alma mater who are spread across the globe, it was felt necessary to organize bonding programmes for the Children of alumni/ae, to encourage and associate them with this alma mater. Although their parents are connected with this institution in some way or other, their children do not have any idea about this institution.
- Increased internationalization of the Aligarh Muslim University into a world class University.
- Fresh forays in the arena of multi-disciplinary teaching and learning.
- Opening of a new paradigm in teh engagement of the AMU with its precious resource of alumni/ae the world over.
- the pass outs will be honored on the occasion of World Alumni/ae Meet every year and will remain ambassadors of AMU.
- To build a vibrant connect between the children of the Alumni/ae and the alma mater of their parents a Summer / Winter School will be launched from the Academic session 2018-19 in all the 13 faculties and some relevant Centers of the University.
- A teacher coordinator in the respective department will be the mentor of the children of Alumni/ae admitted to these certificate courses. S/he will implement the specially designed syllabus, curriculum and evaluation pattern.
- the children will be given the opportunity to relive the same experiences in the usual hostels, playground and classrooms of the AMU while also earning some academic credits.
- Extracurricular activities like engagement with the Cultural Education Centre, Games Committee etc will be made integral to the course curriculum.
- Common classes in Urdu culture, language proficiency and awarness on history of AMU, Sir Syed and his associates and the Aligarh Movement will be held.
- Increased internationalisation of the Aligarh Muslim University into a world class University.
- Certificate in Summer / Winter School from the Faculty relevant to the existing background of the candidate.
- The certificate will not suffice for completion of any credits/scores in a recognized body like MCI or AICTE.
- The award of certificate for Summer / Winter School will not give internal status of any candidate.
Eligibility for Admission
- Candidates should be enrolled in or have completed at least one higher education degree.
- All children of Alumni/ae will be eligible..
- Those students who have already earned a regular degree from the AMU are not eligible.
- NRI candidates will be given preference.
To be launched as a pilot project for 20 candidates in Academic Session 2018-19.
To have 10 seats per faculty but with a minimum intake of 5 candidates centrally.
INR 10,000 per month + INR 3000 per month for hostel if opted for.