Department of Commerce
Dept. data last updated on :27/05/2023
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)
Degree Requirement: A student who undergoes three years of regular study in the program, earns required 140 credits subject to the break up in various course categories and fulfils such other conditions.
Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (Commerce) or an equivalent examination with not less than 55% marks in aggregate of English and Accounts and two subjects from amongst Economics, Business Studies, Business Organization, Commerce, Banking, Entrepreneurship, Mathematics and/or Statistics. The admission is done through national level admission test.
Significant job opportunities are available in both private and public sector academic and non-academic institutions. After completing B.Com (H), a pass-out has opportunities to work as Accountant, Accountant Executive, Tax Auditor, Finance Manager, Cost Accountant, Finance Analyst, Finance Planner, Tax Consultant etc.
The program will help the students to deeply understand accounting issues related to business, understand ethical, social, sustainable business issues and developing Entrepreneurship acumen.
After completing B. Com. (H.), students are able to:
- Interpret and analyse financial statements.
- Understand the rules and regulation laid down by accounting body.
- Acquire conceptual clarity of various functions and ability to analyse various functional Issues.
- Evolve strategies for business.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication.
- To work in Groups, exhibit skills like empathy, EQ, managerial and Inter-Personnel Skills.