Department of Law - Malappuram
LAW - MALAPPURAM
Dr. Shahnawaz Ahmed Malik
Coordinator and Assistant Professor (Senior Grade)
Department of Law, AMU Centre Malappuram
email@example.com Mobile: 8590821225
The Department of Law at AMU Centre Malappuram is an extension of the Faculty of Law, AMU, Aligarh, UP. The Faculty of Law is one of the oldest Law institutions in the country which was established in 1891. The Department of Law, A.M.U, has been successfully pursuing higher academic excellence. It has been ranked at 6th position in terms of academic and research excellence, among the Indian Law Universities. AMU Centre Malappuram was established in 2010 by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Government of Indi at Chelemala Hills, Cherukara Post, Perinthalmanna town in Malappuram District of Kerala.
Five years BA.LL.B (Hons) integrated course begun at the Centre with the intake of sixty. The course is recognized by Bar Council of India. The students are admitted in the course on the basis of all India Entrance exam conducted by AMU, Aligarh. The Faculty members are well qualified and experienced. The department has produced number of Judges, Lawyers and Academicians.
Students of the department are also well placed in national and multinational companies. Department is well equipped with all the facilities which are essential for the all round professional and academic development of students. The bodies like Moot Court Society, Legal Aid Cell, Law Society and Placement Cell works round the year to train and develop Law students.
Following are the students who qualified judicial services recently.
Ms. Farha Naaz Parveen, (UPPCS J) 2019
Mr. Abdul Basith TV, Kerala Judicial Service 2021
Ms. Fasiha Naaz Fatima, Bihar Judicial Service 2022
Mr. Shariq Rahman, Bihar Judicial Service 2022
Ms. Kiran Kumari, Bihar Judicial Service 2022
To be a center of excellence in law by making meaningful national and international contribution through legal education and research
Ø To provide a platform of employability and self-reliant professional skills in legal industry.
Ø To ingrain in graduates the cultural competence to perform in an increasingly global legal community.
Ø To inculcate leadership qualities amongst students to empower them to become harbinger of positive social change.
Ø To impart ethical and value based legal education.
Ø To promote legal awareness through outreach.
Ø To strengthen transdisciplinary approach in legal education by collaborating with various centers of learning in the University.
Ø To explore and apply advanced studies specialization in emerging legal contexts.
Ø To design generation and application of new knowledge in areas of law
Program Learning Outcomes
1. Students shall demonstrate knowledge and understanding of substantive and procedural law.
2. Students shall demonstrate competence in legal analysis and reasoning.
3. Students shall demonstrate competence in conducting legal research.
4. Students shall demonstrate competence in problem-solving.
5. Students shall demonstrate competence in written and oral communication.
6. Students shall be able and motivated to exercise proper professional and ethical responsibilities to clients, the legal system, and the wider community.
7. Students shall demonstrate competence in answering bar-style multiple-choice, essay, and performance test questions.
1. Clinical pedagogy with a practical approach
2. Emphasis on academic orientation along with systematic internship training programmes with credit in each semester
3. Interaction with renowned lawyers, judges, law teachers and scholars Student Mentorship Services
4. Legal skill development through the Law Society training programmes specially in Moot Court, Judgment writing, Client counseling, Legal Quiz, Public speaking etc
5. Legal Aid Clinic for societal outreach and clinical Training.
6. Soft Skill development programme through Training and placement Committee.
7. Mentor Menteeship Programme
8. Innumerable opportunities to participate in National, International events like seminars, Conferences etc.
9. Outcome-Based Education
10.Strong academic delivery system and streamlined assessment mechanisms