Department of Law - Malappuram
LAW - MALAPPURAM
Vision of our Department is to impart quality legal education with the view to produce world class professionals, scholars, academicians and social engineers in the field of law.
1. Imparting Quality Legal Education in the changing Socio- Economic Scenario with a strong emphasis on Human Values and Social Responsibility so that “Justice to all becomes a Reality.
2. To advance and disseminate knowledge of the law with a view to ensuring its proper role in national development.
3. To develop in the students a sense of responsibility to serve the society in the field of law by developing skills in advocacy, judicial, Civil Services, Defense Services and other legal services.
4. To inculcate in students moral values & leadership qualities, make them appreciate the needs for high ethical standards in personal, social & public life & reach the highest level of humanism, such that they shall always uphold & promote the higher social order and be ready and willing to work for the emancipation of the poor, the needy & the under-privileged.
5.To organize lectures, seminars, symposia and conferences for the dissemination of legal knowledge and to make law and legal processes efficient instruments of social development.
ABOUT DEPARTMENT OF LAW
The Department of Law, AMU Centre Malappuram is an extension of the Faculty of Law, AMU, Aligarh, UP. The Faculty of Law has a history of over 100 years of teaching and writing in law. The Law Department of AMU is one of the oldest Law institutions in the country since 1891.
Sir Syed Ahmad Khan was greatly impressed by the programme of legal education in British Universities and was keen to incorporate law as a culminating discipline conducive to the moral, intellectual and material welfare of the students from the MAO College. The Department has been functioning since then efficiently and with impeccable track record. The Department has always been listed among the 10 best Law schools of the Country. In 2017, India Today ranked Faculty of law, AMU as second best law institute in India. AMU Centre Malappuram was established in 2010 by the Ministry of Human resource and Development, Government of India.
Department of Law is running B.A.LL.B (Hons.) Five years integrated course with the intake of sixty. The admission in the course is on the basis of All India Entrance Examination conducted by AMU.Within a short span of time this department has produces number of Judges (Jr.), Lawyers and Academicians. Students of the department are also well placed in National and multinational companies. Department is equipped with all the facilities which are essential for the all round professional development of the students like Moot Court, Legal Aid Cell, Law Society and Placement Cell.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Students shall demonstrate knowledge and understanding of substantive and procedural law.
2. Students shall demonstrate competence in legal analysis and reasoning.
3. Students shall demonstrate competence in conducting legal research.
4. Students shall demonstrate competence in problem-solving.
5. Students shall demonstrate competence in written and oral communication.
6. Students shall be able and motivated to exercise proper professional and ethical responsibilities to clients, the legal system, and the wider community.
7. Students shall demonstrate competent litigation skills.
8. Students shall demonstrate competent transactional skills.
9. Students shall apply cultural competency while exercising their legal skills.
1. Students shall demonstrate competence in answering bar-style multiple-choice, essay, and performance test questions.
1. A.C Moot Court and Seminar Hall
2. Clinical pedagogy with a practical approach
3. Emphasis on academic orientation along with systematic internship training programmes with credit in each semester
4. Interaction with renowned lawyers, judges, law teachers and scholars Student Mentorship Services
5. Legal skill development through training by the Law Society specially in Moot Court, Judgment writing, Client counseling, Legal Quiz, Public speaking etc
6. Legal Aid Clinic for societal outreach and clinical Training
7. Innumerable opportunities to participate in National, International events like seminars, moot courts etc.
8. Outcome-Based Education
9. Strong academic delivery system and streamlined assessment mechanisms
10. Free of coaching for Coaching for Judicial Service Examination