Renewable Energy, Electrical Machines, Multi-phase Electrical Machines
H.No:118, Lane No. 1, Ghaffar Manzil Ext. Jamia Nagar New Delhi- 110025
Dr. Mohd. Faisal Khan received B. Tech degree in Electrical Engineering from Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi, India in 1999 and the M. Tech and Ph.D. degrees from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India in 2004 and 2015 respectively. Currently he is Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering in the Aligarh Muslim University and has more than 18 years of teaching and research experience. His research areas of interest include Electrical Machines, Standalone / Grid connected WECS, Multi-Phase Electrical Machines and Drives, Matlab/Simulink based analysis of Electrical Machines. He has about 35 research publications to his credit and is a member of various professional organizations such as IETI, IACSIT and IAENG. Dr. Khan has contributed research papers in highly ranked international journals in the realm of Electrical Engineering such as IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, WILEY Transactions, ELSEVIER and INDERSCIENCE journals. He has delivered close to 2 dozen talks at various international and national events. He received "Prof. Muhammad Harunur Rashid" best paper award at int. conference IEEE PESTSE-2016, Bengaluru. He was conferred the Bharat Vikas Award 2018 for his research contributions. At present, he is also holding the charge of Training and Placement Officer, University Polytechnic.
- M. Faisal Khan, M. Rizwan Khan, A Novel Nine-Phase Self Excited Induction Generator, The Patent Office Journal 18/12/2015, Part I, pp. 65560, available at http://www.ipindia.nic.in/writereaddata/Portal/IPOJournal/1_113_1/official-journal-18-12-2015-part1.pdf.
- M. Faisal Khan and M. Rizwan Khan, “Modeling and Analysis of a Six-phase Self Excited Induction Generator Feeding Induction Motors,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Volume: 36, Issue: 2, June 2021,DOI: 10.1109/TEC.2020.3013784. SCI IF= 4.3
- M. Faisal Khan, M. Rizwan Khan, Study on different loading topologies of a six-phase self excited induction generator, Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal (JESTECH), Vol 21, Iss. 4, Aug' 2018, pp. 654-663, doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jestch.2018.06.003, ELSEVIER. SCI IF= 4.3
- M. Faisal Khan, M. Rizwan Khan, Generalized Model for Investigating the Attributes of a Six-phase Self Excited Induction Generator over a Three-phase Variant, International Transactions on Electrical Energy Systems, Vol. 28, Iss. 10, e2600, Oct' 2018,https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/etep.2600, WILEY. SCI IF= 2.8
- M. Faisal Khan, M. Rizwan Khan, Comprehensive analytical and experimental analysis of a self excited induction generator for renewable energy application, International Journal of Renewable Energy Research (IJRER), Vol.5, No.3, 2015. pp.746-756. Scopus CiteScore = 4.4
- M. Faisal Khan, M. Rizwan Khan, Analysis of voltage build-up and speed disturbance ride through capability of a self excited induction generator for renewable energy application, International Journal of Power and Energy Conversion, Vol. 7, No. 2, 2016, pp. 157-177, DOI:10.1504/IJPEC.2016.076521, INDERSCIENCE. Scopus CiteScore = 1.0
- Khan, M. Faisal, and M. Rizwan Khan. "Wind power generation in India: evolution, trends and prospects." International Journal of Renewable Energy Development 2.3 (2013): 175. Scopus CiteScore = 1.6
- M. Faisal Khan, M. Rizwan Khan, Atif Iqbal, "Modeling, Implementation and Analysis of a High (Six) Phase Self Excited Induction Generator," Journal of Electrical Systems and Information Technology, vol. 05, iss. 03, Dec'2018, pp. 794-812 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jesit.2016.12.016, ELSEVIER.
Select Conference Papers
- M. Sartaj, M. R. Khan and M. F. Khan, "Modelling of Five-Phase Induction Generator Incorporating Magnetic Cross Saturation Effect," 2019 International Conference on Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering (IEEE UPCON), ALIGARH, India, 2019, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/UPCON47278.2019.8980177.
- M. Faisal Khan, M. Rizwan Khan, Analysis of a Six-Phase Self Excited Induction Generator Supplying RL Load with Short Shunt Connection, in the Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems 2016, (PEDES 2016), 14-17 Dec' 2016, Trivendrum, Kerala, Pap_Id: 606.
- M. Faisal Khan, M. Rizwan Khan, A Comparative Analysis of Single-phase Self-excited Induction Generator Variants under Resonating Condition, in the Proc. of Biennial International Conference on Power and Energy Systems: Towards Sustainable Energy-2016 (PESTSE-2016), 21st to 23rd Jan' 2016, Amrita University Bengaluru Campus. (Awarded with Prof. M. H, Rashidâ?? Best Paper of the Conference)
- M. Faisal Khan, M. Rizwan Khan, Evaluation of Excitation Capacitance for a Single-Phase Two Winding Self Excited Induction Generator, IEEE PEDES 2014, 16 -19 Dec' 2014, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India.
- M. Faisal Khan, M. Rizwan Khan, Self-Regulating Three Phase Self-Excited Induction Generator For Standalone Generation, 2013 Annual IEEE India Conference (IEEE INDICON-2013), IIT Bombay, 13-15 Dec' 2013, Mumbai, India, IEEE Xplore DOI: 10.1109/INDCON.2013.6726124, Print ISBN:978-1-4799-2274-1.
- M. Faisal Khan, M. Rizwan Khan, Atif Iqbal, Performance Comparison of Single Winding and Double Winding Single Phase Self Excited Induction Generators, 2013 IEEE Conference on Clean Energy and Technologies (IEEE CEAT-2013), 18-20 Nov' 2013, Langkawi, Malaysia, pp. 202-207. IEEE Xplore DOI:10.1109/CEAT.2013.6775627, Print ISBN: 978-1-4799-3237-5.
- M. Rizwan Khan, M. Faisal Khan, Atif Iqbal, Investigation on Resonating Behaviour of a Self Excited Induction Generator, IEEE 2013 Tencon-Spring, 16-19 April' 2013, Sydney, Australia, pp. 82-86, IEEE Xplore DOI: 10.1109 /TENCON Spring.2013.6584421, Print ISBN 978-1-4673-6349-5.
- M. Faisal Khan, M. Rizwan Khan, Atif Iqbal, Performance Analysis of Shunt, Short Shunt and Long Shunt Self Excited Induction Generator IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems (IEEE PEDES-2012), Decâ??16-19, 2012, IISc Bangalore, India, IEEE Xplore DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/PEDES.2012.6484478, Print ISBN: 978-1-4673-4507-1.
To access all IEEE Xplore papers of this author click here
Profiles in online Indexing/Abstracting Portals.