1. Disability Unit Aligarh Muslim University has been established in 2002 as per the guidelines of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and PWD Act.
2. Primarily Unit is concerned to take up the Grievances of PWD students in Admissions / Examinations.
3. Unit has been assigned to purchase gadgets and special devices for physically challenged persons.
4. Unit distributes the Equipment's / Gadgets to the PWD students on the occasion of World Disability Day on 3rd December and on regular requirement received throughout the academic session.
5. Unit facilitates in disposal of all RTI’s related to PWD issues.
6. Unit Maintain the Employment Roster for PWD candidate and facilitates in Scrutiny of employment forms as per eligibility criteria set for various category of disabilities.
7. Unit facilitates University for the disposal of all grievances lodged with the court of Commissioner, New Delhi, Under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
8. Unit also facilitates University in maintain barrier free environment at the campus for differently abled students and staff.
9. Disability Unit also maintains a computer lab along with SARA Scanner for visually challenged persons.
10. Disability Unit also facilitates Training and Placement cum Counseling of PWD students.