STEP 1: Preparation
Preparation for the seminar/workshop/conference involves a number of activities listed below:
1. Constitute Organizing Committee with the approval of the Chairperson/BOS.
2. Organizing Committee prepares the event schedule.
3. Determine the budget available to host the event & sources to raise the funds.
4. Determine the theme/topic to be discussed at the event.
5. Identify the target group and the number of participants required.
6. Secure venue–(site visit of venue to ensure it is adequate).
7. Finalize event details –(breaks, resources needed).
8. Contact relevant funding agencies, Departments, or target groups to inform them of the event (time, date, venue, duration, break information). Send email(s) to target groups for participation.
9. Follow up to ensure the information was received.
10. Finalize a list of persons attending the event.
11. Source and prepare all necessary resources needed by organizer and Presenter – (books, manuals, 12. projectors, name tags, etc.).
12. Secure caterer to provide meals if not included in venue package.
13. Contact Accountant and request Local Purchase Order.
STEP 2: Implementation
Funding is an integral part of any event since the amount of funding available for the hosting of the event will determine the number of factors in planning the event.
3. Number of participants
4. Equipment–(Presentation Media)
5. Informational packets/Materials/certificates
6. Availability of refreshments
Points to consider:
1. Expertise/strong research background
2. Ability to convey knowledge to a large audience
3. Unbiased and non-partisan(do not invite speakers that are aligned with a particular cause/group)
5. Travel expenses
6. Identify alternative speaker as a precaution
Determine the length of the seminar, the mode (s) of deliverance, equipment needs of the Presenter, handouts and other learning material for participants, breaks, and refreshments, and deadlines for replying. Secure a caterer to provide refreshments if not included in the venue package.
CONTACT RELEVANT DEPARTMENTS/PARTICIPANTS
Initial contact of those Departments or persons identified to attend the seminar, with the full details of the seminar included. Includes:
1. Deadline for response
2. Seminar overview/outline
3. Requirements for eligibility
4. Number of participants required
1. Invitations from Chairperson are sent to the invited speaker(s) or resource person(s), Guest of Honor, Chief Guest, etc.
2. The event is advertised on noticeboards, websites, poster distributions in other institutions, social networking websites, etc. for wider publicity.
3. Registration for the event.
4. A list of registered persons is prepared and intimated about the event schedule.
5. On-the-spot registration (if available) and Attendance.
6. Event starts as per schedule on the proposed date.
STEP 3: Evaluation
1. Feedback from the registered persons2. Certificate Distribution