AMU ABK High School(Boys)
School U-DISE Code : 09121300503
AMU ABK HIGH SCHOOL OVERVIEW
- In 1946 founded by AMU Students Union as Madarsa .
- Initially established with the aim to teach Urdu and impart lesson in the recitation of the Holy Quran to the children of the grade IV employees of the University as well as educationally downtrodden sections of the Muslim Community.
- In 1950 the Madarsa was shifted to a big room near Sir Syed Hall.
- In 1988 the school was rechristened as Abdul Baseer Khan Union School and upgraded to Junior High School.
- In 1985-86 the Boys Section was established at Emadul Mulk Road.
School taken over by AMU
- The School had a remarkable historic development when the UGC approved to take over ABK Union High School as a regular Secondary School of AMU in its meeting on December 22, 2011.
- In a grand function held on January 14, 2011 at the Boys Section of the school Ex-Vice- Chancellor Professor P.K Abdul Aziz unveiled the stone of declaring the school as a regular school of AMU with its New Name as AMU, ABK High School.
- The UGC has approved conversion of ABK Union High School into High Secondary School of AMU w.e.f. 01.04.2013.