Information(admission and Eligibility)
Important information and Rules pertaining to admission are given below and are part of the Guide to Admission (AMU, ABK High Schools) which can be obtained from the school or can be seen/ downloaded from the website: www.amucontrollerexams.com.
Candidates who apply for admission, their parents/guardian are advised to carefully read the same and it shall be presumed that they agree to abide by the same.
1. Candidates can apply for admission to class I and VI and IX only.Admission tests are held annually as per the University schedule.
3. Candidates awaiting result of qualifying examination may apply for admission to the concerned course of study. Such candidates shall be allowed to appear in the Admission Test at their own risk and on the clear stipulation that in the event of their selection they will be entitled to admission only if they fulfill all eligibility requirements at the time of admission.
4. A candidate whose qualifying examination IS NOT RECOGNISED BY THE School shall not be eligible for admission. All such Application Forms/admissions shall be rejected / cancelled.
5. Candidate is advised to ensure that his/her Application Form is complete in all respect. Incomplete Application Form in any manner or not submitted on prescribed form and those received after the due date on account of postal delay or otherwise shall not be entertained. No relaxation in the last date shall be granted. The School takes no responsibility for postal delay or non-receipt of Application Forms/Interview letters etc or any other communication related to admissions.
6. Application Forms may be rejected if:
a. Received incomplete.
b. Received without requisite fee.
c. Received after the last date.
And no correspondance shall be entertained in this regard.
7. No request for change in address for correspondence as specified in the application Form shall be entertained.
8. Admit Card to appear in the Admission Test will be issued by the School only to those candidates whose Application form, complete in all respects, has been received in the School on or before the last date of receipt as notified in this Guide.
9. Candidate should satisfy himself/herself that he/she fulfills the eligibility requirements prescribed for admission to the concerned class. In case any candidate who does not meet the eligibility criteria prescribed for the concerned class is inadvertently issued Admit. Card, then such candidate shall appear in the Admission Test at his/her own risk and cost, and if at any stage, it is found that the candidate does not fulfill the eligibility requirements the admission, if granted shall be cancelled ipso facto.
10. Admit Card shall be issued to the candidate, in person, on the dates as specified in this Guide. Candidate should ensure that he/she possesses the proper Admit Card before he/she reaches the Test Centre.
11. The School reserves the right to make changes in the notified Admission Test Schedule.
12. For answering the questions, answer sheet/booklet shall be provided to the candidates. Candidates are required to write the answers to the questions in the answer sheet/booklet only. The parents/guardians are required to explain the same to their wards clearly.
13. The lists of candidates short listed for interview and the lists of those selected for admission will be displayed on the Notice Boards of the concerned School/ Controllers Office website. The dates notified for Interview/Admission shall strictly be followed. It is the responsibility of the candidate to keep himself/herself informed from Notice Board(s)/website or through their own sources whether their names appear in the displayed lists and thereby make timely arrangements to appear for interview or for completing the admission as the case may be. The School shall not be responsible if a candidate fails to get information regarding his/her short listing for interview or selection for admission.
14. No change in the medium of instruction of the candidate would be allowed at any stage.
15. Selected candidate shall not be allowed to complete admission formalities in absentia. Candidate not reporting for admission on the stipulated date and time, shall forfeit his/her claim for admission. The offer of admission shall stand cancelled and no correspondance in this regard shall be entertained.
16. No candidate shall be admitted unless he/she complete all the eligibility requirements at the time of admission. Candidates awaiting results of their Supplementary/Compartmental / Improvement examination shall not be considered for admission.
17. Admitted candidates shall not be entitled to seek transfer from one School to another School of the University.
18. Candidates will have to produce mark sheet of the qualifying examination and all other relevant Certificates/Documents in original at the time of completion of admission formalities, failing which they shall not be allowed to complete the admission and the offer of admission shall stand cancelled and no further correspondance in the matter shall be entertained.
19. The candidate selected for admission shall have to submit the original Transfer Certificate from the School last attended at the time of admission.
20. The School may issue or display Chance Memo in addition to the list of selected candidates. Chance Memo is not an offer of admission but is issued only in case there is likelihood of a vacancy due to any reason. Chance Memo list, if any, shall be displayed on the notice boards of the School/ Controllers Office website. It is the responsibility of the candidate to keep track of all such notices.
21. Any seat that remains unfilled after the completion of admissions of candidates on the select list shall be filled up by the candidate who has reported with reference to his/her Chance Memo on the specified date and time as per the Chance Memo list, if any, strictly in order of Chance Memo Number.
22. The parents/guardians of the student should come to School personally for the following reasons.
a. At the time of admission.
b. While seeking re-admission of their son/daughter.
c. Whenever called by the Principal/Pro-Proctor/Class Teacher. In case either of the parents is not available, the name of a guardian must be registered with the School. The School does not entertain persons claiming to be guardian, brother uncle etc. of a student unless such person is on the record of the School.
23. The School reserves the right to get any student medically examined and if found medically unfit, the admission of such students will be cancelled.
24. If any error/ omission in the processing/verification of certificates/documents of a candidate is detected after the candidate is admitted to a class, the School has the right to cancel such admission at any stage at which the error/omission is detected.
25. If it is found, at any stage, that a candidate/parent/guardian
a. has used fraudulent means to secure admission
b. has made false or incorrect statement(s) in the application form such candidate shall not be allowed to complete the admission formalities, or in case already admitted, his/her admission shall be cancelled.
25. All admission shall be provisional.
26. The candidate shall not be entitled to claim admission as a matter of right even if he/she is otherwise eligible. The School reserves the right to refuse admission to any individual without assigning any reason.
27. The School reserves the right not to admit any candidate to a class even though a notification inviting applications for admission to the same has been issued.
28. Use of unfair means/impersonation in Admission Test and canvassing in any manner for securing admission shall render a candidate disqualified.
29. No correspondence shall be made to candidates not selected for admission and the documents/certificates/Test fees/Processing Charges shall not be refunded.
30. Answer sheets pertaining to the Admission Test(s) of all the candidates and Application Forms of the non-admitted candidates will be weeded out after 04 months of the Closing Date of Admission. Therefore, in case of any dispute regarding admission, the matter must be filed within this period otherwise the relevant records may not be available.
31. Any dispute with regard to any matter relating to admission shall be subject to the jurisdiction of local court at Aligarh and High Court of Judicature at Allahbad, Utter Pradesh only.
A candidate will only be eligible to apply for Admission to Class VI, if he/she passed Class V from a School which is registered and recognized by a competent government authority or is affiliated to an approved Public Examination Board. For verification, the registration/recognition/or the affiliation number of the School should be clearly mentioned on the qualifying examinations mark-sheet or certificate.
33. Age limit:
The candidates seeking admission to classes I and VI must be of the age noted against each on .for the session 2012-2013. No relaxation in the age will be allowed.
Class I : 5 to 7 years
Class VI : 10 to 12 years
1. Fill up the Application Form by following the instructions given above in CAPITAL letter using black ball point pen.
2. Put your thumb impression, signature and paste your recent photographs at the designated place on the Application Form.
3. Attach the appropriate Demand Draft (if applying on downloaded form) along with other relevant documents(s) with the Application Form and do not fold or mutilate it in any way.
4. Application Form can be submitted by hand or sent by Registered Post/Speed Post or through Courier to the School from where it was obtained. If the candidate is applying on the downloaded form then the same is to be submitted to the School on or before the last date of submission of application form up to 5:00 p.m.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED WITH THE APPLICATION FORM
1. The admission Test Fee/ Processing charges (non-refundable) as mentioned against each class is to be remitted through a Demand Draft Drawn in favour of Finance Officer, AMU, Aligarh payable at Aligarh (applicable only for candidates applying on Application Form downloaded from the website).Candidate must attach the original D.D with his/her Application Form and also write his/her name, date of birth, class for which applying on the reverse of the Demand Draft.
2. Attested copy (both sides) of Mark-sheets /Grade-sheets of qualifying examination. In case the result of the qualifying examination has not been declared at the time of applying, Candidate must submit self attested photocopies of mark-sheet/ grade- sheets of examination passed in the preceding year.
3. Attested copy of documents in support of claim under category of Children of AMU Alumni and/or AMU Employee, if any.
4. Any other relevant document.
Note: Candidates are advised to retain a photocopy of their filled-in form for future reference. Incomplete Application Forms, those received late with requisite fee and not supported with the required certificates/documents may be summarily rejected and no further correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.