Computer Engg. Section - Women's Polytechnic
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES
SOP FOR UNIVERSITY WOMEN’S POLYTECHNIC LIBRARY
Purpose: The University Women’s Polytechnic library provides access to an extensive range of informative books, journals, newspapers and various resources to improve the knowledge and thought process of the academic fraternity and students. The aim of this SOP is to describe the activities carried out by institute library.
Scope: University Women’s Polytechnic library.
Principal of the Institution
- Procurement of Books: All the Section In charges of the polytechnic are communicated to raise their requisitions for books based on the curriculum.
of the Library:
All the students of the college are members in the library as soon as they are enrolled into the courses offered by the polytechnic
- Discipline: It is mandatory to maintain
silence in the Library and not to engage in conversation in any part of the
library so as to avoid disturbance to other users.
Students shall not bring personal belongs inside the Library. The users should not tear pages or steal books.
- Maintenance of Books: Students as well as faculty members must handle books carefully and not displace books in racks located at its designated location. Borrower should not write upon, damage or mark any book belonging to University Women’s Polytechnic Library.
- Procedure for borrowing of Books: Books will be issued for a period of fifteen (15) days for Students and Diploma Engineering student have the book bank facility also wherein they can get the entire set of books for one academic session after making the required payment.
- Issue Time Regulations: Transactions are handled on all working days during 08:00 AM To 4:00 PM except Friday (8:00 AM to 12:30 PM)
- Accounting of Fine: Fine of Rs. 1/- will be charged on per book/day basis.
SOP FOR UNIVERSITY WOMEN’S POLYTECHNIC CLASSROOMS
Purpose: The University Women’s Polytechnic has many classrooms including smart classrooms. The aim of this Standard Operating Procedure is to ensure cleanliness and regular maintenance of the classrooms in the polytechnic.
Scope: Classrooms of University Women’s Polytechnic
Responsibility: Concerned Staff
- Cleaning: The maintenance of Classroom is done on regular basis by the cleaning staff which is supervised by care taker of the institution.
- Classroom discipline: Any problem in the class room is reported to the Class teacher by students and the class teacher takes the problem to the section in-charge who in return brings the issue to the administrators and fixes the problem.
- Maintenance: Any technical faults encountered in the smart classrooms are reported to the concerned staff.
SOP FOR LABORATORIES IN COMPUTER ENGINEERING SECTION
Purpose: The aim of this Standard Operating Procedure is to form guidelines and procedures to be adopted for maintenance of computers (Hardware & Software) and networking. The major Labs in Computer Engineering section are Computer Lab and Multimedia Lab / Information Technology Lab.
Scope: All laboratories of Computer Engineering Section of University Women’s Polytechnic.
Responsibility: Respective Laboratory In-charges, Instructors and Attendant.
Systems Record: All Systems are registered in the stock register.
Safety: In case of fire mishaps fire extinguishers are to be used.
Cleanliness: The floors should always be kept clean and dry and the waste should be disposed properly.
Discipline: The students should not delete/uninstall any data or software. Keep the tables, chairs and systems at appropriate places before leaving from laboratories. Turn off all the systems in use before leaving the laboratory.
Resource usage: The systems used by the students while performing the lab practical and any external or peripheral devices used, are issued by the lab attendant and collected back from students before leaving the lab.