Department of Computer Science
Standard Operating Procedures
A. SOP of UG & PG Laboratories
1. The Department of Computer Science has UG & PG Laboratories which is open to faculty, Postgraduate and Undergraduate students. The Labs are used to promote teaching/learning of Computer Science skills. It also works as a training platform for Research and Development activities.
2. Each student of UG & PG programmes visits laboratory either “according to time table” or “on his/her free time”. He/she needs to enter his/her details in the computer lab register at the time of entry. The Lab computers can be accessed through the unique login id provided to all faculty and students of the department. Before leaving the laboratory, he/she needs to enter leave-time in the computer lab register.
3. The department encourages the usage of “FOSS” wherever possible
4. The software installed in the computers are licensed, wherever needed, and the Department follows standard procedure of procurement and usage in line with the Central purchase policy of the University.
5. Smooth running of the Lab is aided by the presence of the lab manual and updated software which serves as a procedural framework that delineates the laboratory activities.
6. The manual serves as a detailed guideline for users from among the faculty, Postgraduate and Undergraduate students.
B. SOP of Research Laboratories
1. The Department of Computer Science has Research Laboratories which is open to faculty and research scholars. The Labs are used to promote research in cutting-edge topics in scientific research.
2. The software installed in the computers are licensed and the Department follows standard procedure of procurement and usage in line with the Central Computer Centre of the University.
3. Each Ph.D. research scholar visits laboratory at least from 08:00 am to 04:00 pm on daily basis. He/she needs to enter his/her details in the attendance register. Every research scholar has been allocated a computer system with recent configuration. He/she uses allocated computer exclusively for his/her research work.
C. SOP of Seminar Library
1. The Department has a well stocked Seminar Library. It facilitates both faculty and students, as well as anyone who would like to use the books for academic purposes. The faculty, research scholars, Undergraduate and Postgraduate students of the Department can issue/use the books as per the Seminar rules. The Seminar Library can be accessed from 08:00 am to 2:30 pm.
2. The Seminar Library books are catalogued with Accession numbers for each, in line with the procedure followed by the Maulana Azad Library of the University.
3. The Postgraduate students have, in addition to access to all books of the Seminar, a section of books and materials specially allocated for them, in line with the M.C.A. curriculum and for NET/JRF preparation, so as to facilitate them in studying and preparing for competitive examinations. These books can be accessed/borrowed by producing valid identity cards of the University after making entries in issue/return register.
4. The Undergraduate students also have a section of books allocated for them covering the B.Sc. (Hons.) Computer Applications curriculum, so as to aid them in studying for the course and facilitate them in preparing for competitive exams. These books can be accessed by producing valid identity cards of the University.
D. SOP of Training and Placement Cell (Computer Science)
1. The Department of Computer Science has a dedicated Traning and Placement Cell. For each session, a new placement brochure is prepared which is shared with HRs of the companies.
2. The HRs of companies are contacted and an invitation is extended to them to conduct the placement drives.
3. When a company approaches to the Placement Cell for recruitment, the students are informed with all the necessary details such as Job Description, Salary Package, Location etc.
4. Interested students are required to register in the placement drive of the company of their interest.
5. After their due process of recruitment, companies share the list of selected students to the Placement Cell.
6. Placement Cell circulates the list of selected students among stakeholders.