K. A. Nizami Centre for Quranic Studies
To train students in the understanding and interpretation of the Quran in the contemporary context
To familiarize students with the rich corpus on Quranic studies in English, Arabic and Urdu
To develop critical faculty among students
Students will be able to teach Quranic studies
Students will be able to carry out independent, original research on Quranic studies
Students will disseminate in today’s academic and critical idiom the Quranic worldview
Islamic Counselling, Spiritual Care and Mental Healthcare
Recruitment as Religous Guides (Imam), Counselors, and spiritual and Mental Caregivers in public and private institutions such as Army, Hospitals, Prisons, and social organizations.
- · To develop an understanding of Muslim chaplaincy and Islamic spiritual care in multicultural societies.
- · To develop an understanding of the diverse contexts of Muslim chaplaincy and its application in different settings such as family, prisons, hospitals, college and university campuses and community centres.
- · To build the professional skills required for chaplaincy such as listening skills, communication skills, Islamic counselling skills, and case management etc.
After completing this programme, the students will
- Gain theoretical knowledge and practical skills of Muslim chaplaincy and Islamic spiritual care.
- · Be able to work as a chaplain in diverse contexts and different settings as mentioned above.