K. A. Nizami Centre for Quranic Studies
Islamic Counselling, Spiritual Care and Mental Healthcare
B.A. (Theology)/ B.A. (Quranic Studies) / B.A. in any discipline(only for candidates having Madrasa background) of this University or from a recognized institution as to its equivalent with not less than 50% marks in aggregate.
Recruitment as Religous Guides (Imam), Counselors, and spiritual and Mental Caregivers in public and private institutions such as Army, Hospitals, Prisons, and social organizations.
- · To develop an understanding of Muslim chaplaincy and Islamic spiritual care in multicultural societies.
- · To develop an understanding of the diverse contexts of Muslim chaplaincy and its application in different settings such as family, prisons, hospitals, college and university campuses and community centres.
- · To build the professional skills required for chaplaincy such as listening skills, communication skills, Islamic counselling skills, and case management etc.
After completing this programme, the students will
- Gain theoretical knowledge and practical skills of Muslim chaplaincy and Islamic spiritual care.
- · Be able to work as a chaplain in diverse contexts and different settings as mentioned above.