Department of Physical Education
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) of Human Performance Lab
Management of access, operation, and service practices related to human Performance Lab (HPL).
To provide guidelines and instruction to teachers, students, and other department employees for the use of HPL.
• This protocol is applicable to the whole of HPL.
• This protocol remains in effect until revised or rescinded.
• This protocol will be reviewed yearly and as applicable.
The promulgating authority for this protocol is the chairperson of the physical education department, A.M.U. Aligarh.
Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation for Students, Teachers, and Department Staff-
• The facility will be available during the department working hours and in the presence of the lab in charge (If the lab in-charge is on leave, in the presence of the officially deputed staff).
• Official staff must present all the times or the HPL room is locked
• Current University ID will be required to access the facility
The HPL weight room and fitness area has a high degree of vulnerability and will have
supervision at all times.
• CCTV cameras are deployed to monitor the area.
• HPL employs a lab supervisor/manager/in-charge to supervise. If there is no one available the doors to the rooms will be locked.
Scans the Room:
• Continually scan all rooms while members are in the rooms
• Scan for potential problems, inappropriate use of equipment
• Report any equipment issues on the Log Sheet.
• Maintain locked doors for both the weight room and other areas when unattended.
• Arranges the weights, machines, and equipment in the morning and reminds users to put
equipment at the designated places.
• Works closely with Coaches, Department, and other teachers who are operating classes or training in the space.
1) No Food or Eating
2) No Open Cups - All Containers Must Have a Cap / Lid
3) No Bags - All Bags Left Outside
4) No Spikes or Cleats - Plastic Included
5) Return All Weights to Designated Areas
6) Do Not Leave Weights on Bars or the Floor
7) If you Move it Put it Back
8) Wipe-Off Equipment with Spray After Use
9) Athletic Clothing and Shoes Must be Worn at All Times - No other casual uniforms are allowed
10) Play Appropriate Music - No Elicit Lyrics
11) If Rules are not Followed, appropriate action will be administered by the competent authorities.
12)The use of the facility in any form and purpose is only permissible with the prior written permission of the chairperson and after the office received a copy of the permission to the lab in charge.
Steam/Sauna/Jacuzzi/Chilled Shower/Weight Training Rules:
The access to the above-mentioned facilities is subjected to the adherence to the following conditions and rules-
1) Acceptable body temperature and optimal health condition.
2) The decision on the status of the health will remain with the official of HPL.
3) The services of steam and sauna will be provided for max 30 min in one go to advance users and 10-15 min at max for the beginners.
4) The HPL official should ask for the conditions like hypertension, post-surgery, skin problems, pregnancy, cardiac issues etc. before allowing anyone to use the facility.
SOP of Sports Psychology Lab
The Department of Physical Education has a lab of sports psychology which was established with the aim for research and teaching.
1) All students of the department have access to instruments for conducting experiments.
2) Research scholars, postgraduate students, and undergraduate students have access to all psychological test available in the lab
3) Everyone can use/ get issued instruments/psychological tests as per the rule.
SOP of Sports Biomechanics Lab
The Standard Operating Procedure of the Sports Biomechanics Lab developed under UGC’s SAP (DRS-I) programme to conduct researches and teaching.
1) The main objective of the Lab established for research and teaching as per the UGC regulation.
2) Promote research in Biomechanics and performance in sports.
Status: Camera’s, software (motion analysis), and Biofeedback equipment
The Laboratory manual includes working procedures that should be carried out in the laboratory.
The contents in the manual should include:
1) Standard Operating Procedures for the experiments related to sports Biomechanics to be carried out as per standard procedure and rules of the department and university.
2) Standard risk assessments should be done before the experiment.
3) As per the requirement of the students/researcher, he/she should apply for issuing the required equipment for his/her research work.
4) Do & don’t rules that are appropriate to the particular laboratory should be written and displayed in the labs.
5) Before the commencement of work, each student should sign the entry muster and that they have understood the rules and regulations.
SOP of Anatomical and Exercise Physiology Lab
Exercise Physiology is a science dealing with the effects of exercise on structural and functional aspects of human physiology both at cellular as well as systemic levels. The instruments in the lab measure the effects of the exercise of various physiological phenomenons.
1) To orient the students of a Masters's degree in assessing structural and functional aspects of human physiology at rest through various scientific equipment.
2) To orient the students of a Masters's degree in assessing structural and functional aspects of human physiology during exercise through various scientific equipment.
3) To orient the students of a Masters's degree in assessing the structural and functional changes in human physiology after a short term as well as long term exercise.
4) The lab facilities are further used for research in exercise physiology for M.P.Ed. Dissertation and Ph.D. students.
1) All laboratory equipment is registered in the stock register of the department.
2) Students' health status is given a check prior to their participation in the experiment.
3) All students are required to note down their entry with a signature prior to the commencement of the work with the undertaking that they will follow the rules and regulations of the lab.
4) Do and don’t are displayed in the lab.