Department of Prosthodontics and Dental Material
Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
senior secondary with PCB
The Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) are dealt under three headings (a) Knowledge and understanding (b) skills and (c) Attitudes.
(A) KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING:
The graduate should acquire the following during the period of training.
1. Adequate knowledge of the scientific foundations on which dentistry is based and good understanding of various relevant scientific methods, principles of biological functions and be able to evaluate and analyse scientifically various established facts and data.
2. Adequate knowledge of the development, structure and function of the teeth, mouth and jaws and associated tissues both in health and disease and their relationship and effect on general state of health and also bearing on physical and social well being of the patient.
3. Adequate knowledge of clinical disciplines and methods which provide a coherent picture of anomalies, lesions and diseases of the teeth, mouth and jaws and preventive diagnostic and therapeutic aspects of dentistry.
4. Adequate clinical experience required for general dental practice.
5. Adequate knowledge of the constitution, biological function and behaviour of persons in health and sickness as well as the influence of the natural and social environment on the state of health in so far as it affect dentistry.
A graduate should be able to demonstrate the following skills necessary for practice of dentistry.
1. Able to diagnose and manage various common dental problems encountered in general dental practice keeping in mind the expectations and the right of the society to receive the best possible treatment available wherever possible.
2. Acquire the skill to prevent and manage complications if encountered while carrying out various surgical and other procedures.
3. Possess skill to carry out certain investigative procedures and ability to interpret laboratory findings.
4. Promote oral health and help prevent oral diseases where possible.
5. Competent in the control of pain and anxiety among the patients during dental treatment.
A graduate should develop during the training period the following attitudes.
1. Willing to apply the current knowledge of dentistry in the best interest of the patients and the community.
2. Maintain a high standard of professional ethics and conduct and apply these in all aspects of professional life.
3. Seek to improve awareness and provide possible solutions for oral health problems and needs through out the community.
4. Willingness to participate in the CDE Programmes to update the knowledge and professional skill from time to time.
5. To help and participate in the implementation of the national oral health policy
To understand the evolution and development of science of dental material.Knowledge of physical and chemical properties and advantages and disadvantages of the material used in dentistry.Knowledge of biomechanical requirements of particular restorative material and its application & limitations.Laying down standards or specifications of various materials to guide to manufacturers as well as to help professionals. Search for newer and better materials which may answer our requirements with greater satisfaction. To understand and evaluate the claims made by manufactures of dental materials. At the end of the course the student should have the knowledge about the composition, properties, manipulative techniques and their various commercial names. The student should also acquire skills to select and use the materials appropriately for laboratory and clinical use.
1. The dental graduates during training shall acquire adequate knowledge, necessary skills and reasonable attitudes which are required for carrying out all activities appropriate to general dental practice involving the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of anomalies and diseases of the teeth, mouth, jaws and associated tissues.
2. The graduate also should understand the concept of community oral health education and be able to participate in the rural health care delivery programmes existing in the country.
AS PER DCI