Management Information System,Bioinformatics Machine Learning
4/808 Sir Syed Nagar,Aligarh-2
Presently working as Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh. Have been a faculty of the University since 2007.Besides active involvement in teaching various courses to MCA. /Ph.D. students, she has successfully established a small but active research group with a focus on Bioinformatics, Data mining, Big data Analytics, and Machine Learning as a tool to unravel intricate mysteries of biological events. The amalgamation of computer assisted algorithms with biologically relevant big data involving bio-macro-molecules such as DNA/RNA and proteins provide insight into the functioning of drug molecules at the molecular level. She has also exploited bioinformatics related tools to identify potent antigens that can function as a candidate vaccine. The bioinformatics-based algorithms developed in Dr. Swaleha’s group, not only helped in the development of subunit vaccines, however, resulted in robust protection against various relevant pathogens such as Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Brucella abortifaciens and Listeria monocytogenes, etc. She has also extensively worked on the exploitation of machine learning in deciphering various complicated biological events. This has made a revolutionary impact in the prognosis, treatment, and prevention of various important diseases of global importance.
She has published (54) research articles in the peer reviewed journals of international repute. Her research findings have been highly appreciated by the peers and published in relevant journals of international repute.
Presently five (05) students are pursuing Ph.D. and one (01) student has been awarded Ph. D. degree under her supervision.
She has organized various faculty development /orientation programs for teachers at Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh.
Her contribution in the field of bioinformatics has been acknowledged by various research bodies. She has been bestowed with various national as well as international awards such as Indus Research Excellence Award, 2015, BEST RESEARCH AWARD by International Research Awards on New Science Inventions, NESIN 2020.
- Khan, A. and Zubair, S. "Longitudinal Magnetic Resonance Imaging as a Potential Correlate in the Diagnosis of Alzheimer Disease: Exploratory Data Analysis", JMIR Biomed Eng 2020;5(1):e14389, URL: https://biomedeng.jmir.org/2020/1/e14389, DOI: 10.2196/14389. April (2020). PubMed, SCI [I.F 4.945]
- Khan, A. and Zubair, S. "An Improved Multi-Modal based Machine Learning Approach for the Prognosis of Alzheimer’s disease", Journal of King Saud University - Computer and Information Sciences, 2020, ISSN 1319-1578, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jksuci.2020.04.004. April (2020). ESCI -(I.F 0.433)
- Khan, A. and Zubair, S. Usage of Random Forest Ensemble Classifier based Imputation and its potential in the diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease. International Journal of Scientific and Technology Research, Vol. 8, Issue 12 December (2019). SCOPUS (I.F 7.466 SJIF)
- Swaleha Zubair, Anjani Kumar Singha(2019) Parameter Optimization in Convolutional Neural Networks Using Gradient Descent Springer, Singapore DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-0128-9_8
- Ghazala Sultan, Swaleha Zubair, Iftikhar Aslam Tayubi, Hans-Uwe Dahms, Inamul Hasan Madar Towards the early detection of ductal carcinoma (a common type of breast cancer) using biomarkers linked to the PPAR (γ) signaling pathway. Bioinformation 2019; 15(11): 799–805. DOI: 10.6026/97320630015799 PMCID: PMC6936658 PubMed , ESCI (I.F 0.44)
- Fauzia Jamal, Manish Kumar Singh, Jagadish Hansa, Pushp Anjali, Ghufran Ahmad, Saad UM, Manas R Dikhit, Anzar Abdul Mujeeb, Sanjiva Bimal, Pradeep Das, Shubhankar K Singh, Swaleha Zubair, Mohd O (2020) A Leishmania specific promiscuous membrane protein Tubulin Folding Cofactor D divulges Th1/Th2 polarization in the host via ERK-1/2 and p38 MAPK signaling cascade. Frontiers in Immunology, section Vaccines and Molecular Therapeutics Manuscript ID: 506961. [IF 4.70]
- Zia Q, Azhar A, Ahmad S, Afsar M, Hasan Z, Mohd O, Alam M, Akbar S, Ganash M, Ashraf GM, Zubair, Swaleha, Aliev G. (2017) PeMtb: A Database of MHC Antigenic Peptide of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 10;18(8):648-652. doi: 10.2174/1389201018666170914150115. [IF 1.6]
- Fatima N, Faisal SM, Zubair, Swaleha, Siddiqui SS, Moin S, Mohd O. (2017) Emerging role of Interleukins IL-23/IL-17 axis and biochemical markers in the pathogenesis of Type 2 Diabetes: Association with age and gender in human subjects. Int J Biol Macromol. 105 (Pt 1): 1279-1288. doi: 10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2017.07.155. [IF 3.7]