Regional Development and Planning, Environmental Geography and Food Security
Dr.Syed Naushad Ahmad is a professor in the Department of Geography, A.M.U. Aligarh. He specializes in the field of Regional Development and Planning, Environmental Geography and Food Security. Prof. Ahmad has a very bright academic record throughout his carrier achieving first division consistently from High School to Post Graduate level. At research level, he qualified UGC NET with JRF in 1986. He got an opportunity to teach in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for three years. He was Vice-Chancellor's nominee as subject expert of geography in general selection committee at Patna University. Prof. Ahmad is also actively engaged in research. Ten Ph.Ds and three M.Phils have been awarded under his supervision. Prof. Ahmad has contributed many papers in reputed journals and authored one book. He has attended and presented his research papers in various National and International Conferences.
- Key Publications (2021-2022) Download PDF
- Publications ( 2014-2019) Download PDF
- Ahmad, S. Naushad, (2012). Determinants of Health Deprivation in Rajasthan:A District level Analysis, London Journal of Sustainable development, Vol.1(1), ISSN 2051-7408.
- Ahmad, S. Naushad, (2013). Status of Household Food Security in Maudaha Tehsil of Hamirpur District (Bundelkhand, U. P), Indian Journal of Regional Science, Vol.XXXXV (2),ISSN-0046-9017.
- Ahmad, S. Naushad, (2015). Determinants of Rural Household food security in Murshidabad District of West Bengal,Man and Development, Vol. XXXVII (4), ISSN-0258-0438.
- Ahmad, S. Naushad, (2016). The State of Household Food Insecurity in Bundelkhand Region: A Case Study of Hamirpur District of Uttar Pradesh, The Geographer, Vol.63 (2), pp. 17-29, ISSN-0072-0909.
- Ahmad, S. Naushad. Et al., (2018). Dietary Diversity and Food Consumption Pattern in Drought Prone Region: A Case of Developing India, Asian Profile, Canada, Vol. 46 (4).ISSN No. 0304-8675.
- Ahmad, S. Naushad. et al. (2019). Application of GIS-based analytic hierarchy process and frequency ratio model to flood vulnerable mapping and risk area estimation at Sundarban region, India. Modeling Earth Systems and Environment, Vol. 5(3), pp. 1083-11
- Ahmad, S. Naushad. et al. (2019). Assessment of Cyclone Vulnerability, Hazard Evaluation and Mitigation Capacity for Analyzing Cyclone Risk using GIS Technique: A Study on Sundarban Biosphere Reserve, India. Earth Systems and Environment, Vol. 4(1), pp. 7
- Link for Study Material on Soil Erosion and Conservation https://svgaos.nl/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Morgan_2005_Soil_Erosion_and_Conservation.pdf
- Soil Erosion, Degradation and Conservation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBO1RGlmLZQ&list=PL6d1OduEuGRG7_CyWU7J6-jzV71FAuIVK&index=11
- Renaissance and Geography by Prof. Syed Naushad Ahmad