Rules and Regulations
Rules and Regulations
- Entry in the Faculty Library is open only to bonafide students and staff/faculty of the J.N. Medical College, Aligarh Muslim University. Visitors/guests are allowed to visit the library but they may make an entry in the guest register available at the Librarian’s office.
- Members are required to observe silence in the Reading Halls.
- Users should always carry their valid Identity Card of the current session issued by the University and produce the same whenever asked by the Library staff.
- Library services are restricted only to bonafide students and staff members of the J.N. Medical College.
- Library users must keep their bags at Property Counter at the entrance. Library is not responsible for user’s personal belongings; hence users are advised not to keep valuables in their bags at the Property Counter.
- Laptops and other computing devices are allowed inside the reading rooms.
- Library shall not be responsible for missing/losing of user’s valuables, laptops, computing devices, mobile, etc. inside the reading rooms.
- Computers, Internet, Wi-Fi and Printing facilities are meant for academic purpose only.
- Users are responsible for their personal portable digital devices such as Pen Drive, CDs, Hard Drive, Data Cable, etc. Library will not be responsible for the loss of such devices in any case.
- Without proper permission and issuance, no library material can be taken out from the Library.
- Sleeping, eating, smoking, chewing Pan/Pan Masala/Gutkha/Khaini, talking on cell phones and talking loudly anywhere in the library is strictly prohibited. Members sitting in the Reading Areas are required to set their cell phones to vibrate mode and step outside the library to talk/attend a call.
- It is mandatory for all the stakeholders to maintain decorum in the Faculty Library premises.
- Notices, display/distribution of publicity materials and wall writings etc. are not allowed in any part of the Faculty Library without prior permission of the Assistant Librarian.
- E-Resources such as e-journals, e-books, databases, etc. subscribed by the Faculty Library are meant for academic and research purpose only.
- Systematic/excessive downloading of e-resources is strictly prohibited. Please be aware that in case of systematic downloading, the publisher will block all the users for accessing that particular resource from Aligarh Muslim University.
- All the library users will have to abide by rules and regulations issued by Hony. Library Officer / Assistant Librarian from time to time.
- Any violation by any user in rules and regulations may be penalized and disciplinary action may be taken against him/her as per the rules and regulations of the University.