Interdisciplinary Department of Remote Sensing and GIS Applications
Dept. data last updated on :24/11/2021
Remote Sensing and GIS Applications in Environmental Studies
- Mapping of Land Use / Land Cover (LULC) and its temporal evolution (seasonal as well as long term) using multispectral satellite images.
- Climate Change Studies.
Remote Sensing & GIS applications in Water Resource Studies
- GIS based simulations of water & sediment dynamics in river basins and aquifers.
- Flood mapping and simulations using optical & microwave satellite data and rainfall-runoff modeling.
- Estimations of groundwater and surface water storage and flux using satellite altimetry and space-based gravity observations.
- GIS assisted mapping of Groundwater Potential Zones, Aquifer Vulnerability Zones, Water Quality Index etc.