PhD, M.Sc. (Applied Geology), B.Sc. (Honors) Geology
GIS & Earth Observation in Hydrological Sciences, Hydrological Modelling, Groundwater - Surface Water Interactions
Interdisciplinary Department of Remote Sensing & GIS Applications, AMU
Dr. Haris H. Khan received B.Sc. Honors (Geology) & M.Sc. (Applied Geology) from AMU, Aligarh in 2002 & 2004 respectively, and PhD from the Indo-French Center for Groundwater Research, National Geophysical Research Institute, Hyderabad, India in 2011. His doctoral research focused on the links between land-use changes and groundwater quality in hard rock aquifers using GIS based assessment techniques. Dr. Khan was a Research Fellow at LEGOS (Laboratoire d'Etudes en Géophysique et Océanographie Spatiales), Toulouse, France during 2007, where he worked on the applications of satellite based altimetric and GRACE derived TWS to understand the dynamics of terrestrial waters. He worked as Assistant Professor in the Department of Earth Sciences, Pondicherry University from 2011 to 2015. In December 2015, he joined the Department of Geology, AMU as Assistant Professor. In December 2020, he was appointed as Associate Professor at the Interdisciplinary Department of Remote Sensing & GIS Applications, AMU.
Research interest of Dr. Khan include the modelling the dynamics of surface and subsurface terrestrial waters using Remote Sensing & GIS based tools. He has 24 publications to his credit in peer reviewed national and international journals (e.g. Hydrogeology, Advances in Space Research, Env. Earth Sc., J. Geol. Soc. of India, etc.), conference proceedings, and books. Dr. Khan is a regular reviewer in academic journals and member of academic associations and working groups like IAHS, IAWEES, CSDMS. He has attended/presented papers in conferences/workshops/training courses, within India and abroad, and has also delivered invited lectures at several workshops/training courses within India.
- A Khan, H Govil, HH Khan, PK Thakur, AP Yunus, P Pani (2021), Channel Responses to flooding of Ganga River, Bihar India, 2019 using SAR and optical remote sensing; Advances in Space Research (Elsevier); In Press
- HH Khan, A Khan (2019), Groundwater-Surface Water Interaction along river Kali, near Aligarh, India; HydroResearch (Elsevier); 2(119-128)
- HH Khan, A Khan (2019), Groundwater and Surface Water Interaction, in Venkatramanan S, Prasanna MV, Chung SY, GIS and Geostatistical Techniques for Groundwater Science, Elsevier, pp 197-207
- A Khan, HH Khan, R Umar, MH Khan (2014), An integrated approach for aquifer vulnerability mapping using GIS and rough sets: study from an alluvial aquifer in North India; Hydrogeology (Springer); 22:1561-1572
- HH Khan, A Khan, S Ahmed, J Perrin, (2011), GIS based Impact assessment of land use changes on groundwater quality study from a rapidly urbanizing region of South India; Environmental Earth Sciences (Springer); 63:1289-1302
- HH Khan, A Khan , S Ahmed, MC Gennero, KD Minh, A Cazenave, (2013); Terrestrial water dynamics in the lower Ganges - estimates from ENVISAT and GRACE; Arabian Journal of Geosciences; 6:3693-3702
- HH Khan, A Khan, PD Sreedevi, S Ahmed, (2014); Mapping potential infiltration patterns using Digital Elevation Model; Journal of Geographic Information System; 6:345-357
- PD Sreedevi, PD Sreekanth, HH Khan, S Ahmed, (2013); Drainage Morphometry and its influence on hydrology in a semi-arid region using SRTM data and GIS; Environmental Earth Sciences (Springer); 70:839-848
- PD Sreedevi, S Owais, HH Khan, S Ahmed, (2009); Morphometric Analysis of a watershed of South India using SRTM data and GIS; Journal of the Geological Society of India (Springer);73:543-552
- K Subramanyam & HH Khan (2006); Pumping Tests: Planning, Preparation, and Execution (Pgs: 93-99) in Groundwater Dynamics in Hard Rock Aquifers - including sustainable management and optimal monitoring network design; Editors: S. Ahmed, R. Jayakumar, S. Abdin; ISBN 81-85589-25-9; Springer-CPC