Department of Library and Information Science
IMPORTANT LABORATORIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
1. Library facility- The seminar library of the department is rich in collection consisting of 5202 books and 366 bound volumes of periodicals. The library subscribes to about 20 current journals of national and international repute. The seminar library of the department has been automated with Alice for Windows since 2003, when it was designated as the first fully automated library of A.M.U. Accordingly all the books & borrower cards are bar-coded with online issue and return facilities. Other infrastructural facilities include access to online public access catalogue (OPAC) and CD Rom Data Bases. The library has recently been air-conditioned with adequate reading capacity.
2. Internet facilities for staff and students- The internet facilities for the students and staff of the department are available through Local Area Network and Wi-Fi.
3. Class rooms with ICT facility-The department has a well equipped Smart Classroom Class room with LCD Projector and electronic interactive board.
4. Students Laboratories -The department has a well established computer lab with one server and about 20 systems for students.
5. Research Laboratories - A separate room is available for research scholars.
6. Knowledge Management Lab