Department of Library and Information Science
Library and Information Science
Vacancies are shown on the website of Controller of Exams
Corporate/Business house Libraries
Museums and Archives
Database provider firms
R & D Institute Libraries
Documentation centers, etc.
- To develop the advanced and scientific aptitude that enhances the ability of questioning, examining, correlating, testing, hypothesizing and analysing the complex problems in the field of library and information science.
- To impart critical thinking, relevant competencies and equip research scholars to use qualitative and quantitative research methods for exploring the complex research problems.
- To make the original and significant contribution to the field of library and information science and to produce high quality research.
- To train the researchers about the advanced techniques and innovative research methods in the specialised areas of library and information science
At the end of the program, a research scholar will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and competencies of some of the fundamental research areas including assessing the various qualitative and quantitative methods of research in library science.
- Effectively communicate the results of their research and compile quality reports, documentation and research artciles for publication.
- Develop the skills to use suitable research methods and techniques in new vistas and emerging fields of library science.
- Conduct and explore independent research assignments and projects at the national and international level.
- Recognise the complex problems related to library and information science