Department of Philosophy
Indian Philosophy, Islamic Philosophy, and Western Philosophy
As per the availability of the seats
A candidate will be eligible to apply for admission to Ph.D. programme, if s/he has obtained Master’s Degree or its equivalent, recognized by the University in a subject relevant to her/his proposed field of research with not less than an aggregate of 55% marks or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7 point scale (or an equivalent overall average grade point wherever grading system is followed), and had also obtained the Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent recognized by the University with not less than an aggregate of 50% marks or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7 point scale (or an equivalent overall average grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed), subject to any further requirements for eligibility that may be laid down by the University from time to time.
After obtaining the PhD degree the student will be eligible for the post of Assistant Professor in different universities and colleges.
- To provide high-quality research and training activities.
- To accomplish the students about the different methodologies of research.
- To provide a platform of systematic research with the objective to address the socio-political, ethical, environmental issues and challenges.
- To develop a deep understanding and critical thinking about any related areas of life among the students which help them in taking a responsible decision.
- To instil values of honesty, integrity, confidentiality, social responsibility, transparency, respect for intellectual property rights etc. among the students to become a responsible and ethical researcher.
- To facilitate the Post-Doctoral Fellows.
By the end of this Programme, research scholars will be able to:
- Conduct independent research projects professionally and ethically.
- Contribute to society in terms of Inter-disciplinary understanding of issues related to Training, Research and Development activities to make the students a responsible citizens.
- Create an appropriate academic environment by introducing the latest pedagogical paradigms and research cultures in their respective workplaces.