Protein and nucleic acid immunology
SambhaliGate, Moradabad, 244001
Dr. Asif Ali did M.Phil and Ph.D in 1981 and 1984, respectively, in Biochemistry from the Faculty of Medicine, A.M.U. He has been involved in teaching for 30 years. He was appointed as Lecturer in 1988, Reader in 1994 and Professor in 2003. He has completed 2 terms as Chairman of the Department of Biochemistry. Presently, working as the Coordinator of IBRC and Chairman cum Scientist in charge of Central Animal house of J. N. Medical College. Dr. Asif Ali has been actively engaged in research for the past 39 years. His major field of research interest is in protein and nucleic acid immunology and the role of modified proteins and nucleic acids in various diseases. He has supervised 2 M.Phil and 10 Ph.D candidates, and successfully guided 9 MD students as Supervisor and 13 MD students as Co-Supervisor. He has published two book chapter, 77 research papers in international and 9 in national journals of high repute. He has presented 112 research papers in various scientific conferences. He has successfully completed five research projects as Principal Investigator. Sucessfully organized an International E-conference on Brain Tumors and Stem Cells as Therapeutic Targets-2021 at Interdisciplinary Brain Research Center, Faculty of Medicine, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh on 4th February 2021 and World Neurocongress-2017, an International Conference on Neurogenomics and stem cell therapy, at Interdisciplinary Brain Research Center, Faculty of Medicine, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh on 9-10 December, 2017.
- Waris, S., Patel, A., Ali, A., and Mahmood, R. (2020) Acetaldehyde-induced oxidative modifications and morphological changes in isolated human erythrocytes: an in vitro study. doi: 10.1007/s11356-020-08044-4. Environmental Science and Pollution Research (In press) (Impact Factor: 2.914)
- Habib, S. and Ali, A. (2020) Increasing use of hair dye and associated genotoxicity needs to be probed. DOI 10.1007/s12291-020-00871-z. Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry (In Press)
- Anis, E., Zafeer, M. F., Firdaus, F., Islam, S., Khan, A. A., Ali, A. and Hossain, M. M. (2019) Ferulic acid reinstates mitochondrial dynamics through PGC1α expression modulation in 6-Hydroxydopamine lesioned rats. doi: 10.1002/ptr.6523. Phytotherapy Research, 34, 214-226 (Impact Factor: 3.766)
- Waris, S., Habib, S., Khan, S., Kausar, T., Nayeem, S. M., Siddiqui, S. A., Moinuddin and Ali, A. (2019) Molecular docking explores heightened immunogenicity and structural dynamics of acetaldehyde human IgG adduct. IUBMB life, 71(10), 1522-1536 (Impact Factor: 3.236)
- Mariyath, M., Shahi, M. H., Tayyab, M., Farheen, S., Khanam, N., Tabassum, S. and Ali, A. (2019) Cadmium induced neurodegeneration and activation of non canonical Shh cell signaling pathway in rat cerebellum. Journal of Biochemical and Molecular Toxicology, 33(4), e22274 (Impact Factor: 1.837)
- Firdaus, F., Zafeer, M. F., Anis, E., Ahmad, M., Hossain, M. M., Ali, A. and Afzal, M. (2019) Evaluation of phyto-medicinal efficacy of thymoquinone against Arsenic induced mitochondrial dysfunction and cytotoxicity in SH-SY5Y cells. Phytomedicine, 54, 224-230. (Impact Factor: 4.180)
- Waris, S., Habib, S., Tantry, I. Q., Khan, R., Mahmood, R. and Ali, A. (2018) Acetaldehyde-induced structural and conformational alterations in human immunoglobulin G: A physicochemical and multi-spectroscopic study. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 113, 701-710. (Impact Factor: 4.784)
- Islam, S., Mir, A. R., Khan, F., Zaman, M., Ali, A., and Moinuddin (2018) Structural and immunological characterization of hydroxyl radical modified human IgG: Clinical correlation in rheumatoid arthritis. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 194, 194-201. (Impact Factor: 2.931)
- Abidi, M., Khan, M. S., Ahmad, S., Kausar, T., Nayeem, S. M., Islam, S., Ali, A., Alam, K. and Moinuddin (2018). Biophysical and biochemical studies on glycoxidatively modified human low density lipoprotein. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 645, 87-99 (Impact Factor: 3.559).
- Mariyath, M., Shahi, M. H., Farheen, S., Tayyab, M., Khanam, N. and Ali, A. (2018) Novel homeodomain transcription factor Nkx2.2 in the brain tumor development. Current Cancer drug targets (Impact Factor: 2.626) (In press) doi: 10.2174/1568009618666180102111539.
- Zafeer, M. F., Firdaus, F., Ahmad, F., Ullah, R., Anis, E., Waseem, M., Ali, A. and Hossain, M. M. (2018) Perillyl alcohol alleviates amyloid-β peptides-induced mitochondrial dysfunction and cytotoxicity in SH-SY5Y cells. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 109, 1029-1038. (Impact Factor: 4.784)
- Tantry, I. Q., Waris, S., Habib, S., Hasan, R. H., Ali, A. and Mahmood, R. (2018) Hypochlorous acid-induced structural and conformational modifications in human DNA: A multi-spectroscopic study. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 106, 551-558. (Impact Factor: 4.784)
- Islam, S., Moinuddin, Mir, A. R., Raghav, A., Alam, K., Ali, A. (2017) Glycation, oxidation and glycoxidation of IgG: A Biophysical. Biochemical, immunological and hematological studies. Journal of Biomolecular Structure and dynamics, 12, 1-17. (Impact Factor: 3.310)
- Islam, S., Mir, A. R., Arfat, M. Y., Alam, K., Moinuddin, Ali, A. (2017) Studies on glycoxidatively modified human IgG: Implications in immune-pathology of type 2 diabetes mellitus. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 104(Pt A), 19-29. (Impact Factor: 4.784)
- Islam, S., Mir, A. R., Raghav, A., Khan, F., Alam, K., Ali, A., and Moinuddin. (2017) Neo-Epitopes Generated on Hydroxyl Radical Modified Glycated IgG Have Role in Immunopathology of Diabetes Type 2. PLoS One. 2017 Jan 3; 12(1):e0169099. (Impact Factor: 1.95)
- Islam, B. U., Habib, S., Ali, S. A., Moinuddin and Ali, A. (2017). Role of Peroxynitrite-Induced Activation of Poly(ADP-Ribose) Polymerase (PARP) in Circulatory Shock and Related Pathological Conditions. Cardiovascular Toxicology, 17, 373-383. (Impact Factor: 2.989)
- Allarakha, S., Dixit, K., Zaheer, M. S., Siddiqi, S. S., Moinuddin and Ali, A. (2016) Levels of anti-fructose-modified HSA antibodies correlate with the disease status in diabetic subjects: A follow up study. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 88, 93-101. (Impact Factor: 4.784)
- Jyoti, Mir, A. R., Habib, S., Siddiqi, S. S., Ali, A., Moinuddin. (2016) Neo-epitopes on methylglyoxal modified human serum albumin lead to aggressive autoimmune response in diabetes. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 86, 799-809. (Impact Factor: 4.784)
- Khan, F., Moinuddin, Mir, A. R., Islam, S., Alam, K. and Ali, A. (2016) Immunochemical studies on HNE-modified HSA: Anti-HNE-HSA antibodies as a probe for HNE damaged albumin in SLE. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 86, 145-154. (Impact Factor: 4.784)