Free radical biology, antioxidant and anti-glycating effect of phytochemicals
44, Sagar Housing Complex Near C.D.F., P.O., Anoopshahar RoadAligarh U.P 202002 (U.P.)
Teaching experience of 20 years in J.N. Medical College, AMU, Aligarh. Courses taught include MBBS, BDS, DMLT, Diploma in Dialysis Technique B.Sc. (Hons.) Home Science Physiology & Hygiene and B.Sc. (Hons.) Home Science Nutritional Biochemistry. Supervised/supervising 5 Ph.D and 38 MD as supervisor and co-supervisor. Published 37 Papers / Review Articles / Book Chapter in various National and International Journals e.g. International journal of biological macromolecules, Phytomedicine, Biomedicine and pharmacotherapy,Clinica Chimica Acta, Plos One, Hypertension in Pregnancy; Liposome research; The Open Immunology Journal; FEMS Immunology and Medical Microbiology; Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry; Current Science and Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry. Research area of interest is oxidative stress in various diseases and role of natural antioxidants / phytochemicals.
- Effect of syringic acid and syringaldehyde on oxidative stress and inflammatory status in peripheral blood mononuclear cells from patients of myocardial infarction. Sumayya Shahzad, Somaiya Mateen, Tasneem Kausar, Syed Shariq Naeem, Asif Hasan, Minhal Abidi, Shahid M Nayeem, Abul Faiz Faizy, Shagufta Moin. Naunyn-Schmiedeberg's Archives of Pharmacology, 2019:1-14. [Impact factor-2.05].
- T-helper cell subpopulation repertoire in peripheral blood and its correlation with sex of newly diagnosed arthritis patients: A gender based study. Mateen S, Saeed H, Moin S, Khan AQ, Owais M. International Immunopharmacology. 2019; 74; 105675. [Impact factor: 3.36].
- GRACE score of myocardial infarction patients correlates with oxidative stress index, hsCRP and inflammation. Immunobiology. 2019 (May); 224 (3): 433-499. [Impact factor: 2.79].
- Anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory effects of cinnamaldehyde and eugenol on mononuclear cells of rheumatoid arthritis patients. Mateen S, Rehman T, Shahzad S, Naeem S S, Faizy AF, Khan AQ, Khan S, Husain FM, Moin S. European Journal of Pharmacology 852, February (2019) 14–24. [Impact factor: 3.04]
- Sodium percarbonate as a novel intracoronal bleaching agent: assessment of the associated risk of cervical root resorption. Zoya A, Tewari RK, Mishra SK, Faisal SM, Ali S, Kumar A, Moin S. International Endodontic Journal. 2 November 2018 doi: 10.1111/iej.13035 [Impact factor: 3.015]
- Protective effect of syringaldehyde on biomolecular oxidation, inflammation and histopathological alterations in isoproterenol induced cardiotoxicity in rats. Shahzad S, Mateen S, Mariyath PM, Naeem SS, Akhtar K, Rizvi W, Moin S. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy. September 2018; 108:625-33. [Impact factor: 3.4]
- Cinnamaldehyde and eugenol attenuates collagen induced arthritis via reduction of free radicals and pro-inflammatory cytokines. Mateen S, Shahzad S, Ahmad S, Naeem SS, Khalid S, Akhtar K, Rizvi W, Moin S. Phytomedicine. September 2018. [Impact factor:3.6]
- Role of hydrotherapy in the amelioration of oxidant-antioxidant status in rheumatoid arthritis patients. S. Mateen, S. Moin, A. Q. Khan, A. Zafar, S. Shahzad. International journal of Rheumatic Diseases, 2018 October21; 10: 1822-1830.. [Impact Factor 2.62].
- Inhibition of advanced glycation end products by isoferulic acid and its free radical scavenging capacity: An in vitro and molecular docking study. Arfin S, Siddiqui GA, Naeem A, Moin S. International journal of biological macromolecules. June 2018. [Impact factor: 3.9].
- Emerging role of Interleukins IL-23/IL-17 axis and biochemical markers in the pathogenesis of Type 2 Diabetes: association with age and gender in human subjects. N. Fatima, S. M. Faisal, S. Zubair, S. S. Siddiqui, S. Moin, M. Owais. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 7963, 2017 (Dec). [Impact Factor 3.7]
- Level of inflammatory cytokines in rheumatoid arthritis patients: correlation with 25-hydroxy vitamin D and reactive oxygen species. S. Mateen, S. Moin, S. Shahzad, A. Q. Khan. 2017 (June) PLoS ONE. [Impact Factor 2.80].
- Elevated DNA damage, oxidative stress and impaired response defense system, inflicted in patients with myocardial infarction. S. Shahzad, A. Hasan, A. F. Faizy, S. Mateen, N. Fatima, S. Moin. Clinical and Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis, 2017 (Jan). [Impact Factor 2.09].
- Cytokine Attenuation and Free Radical Scavenging Activity of a New Flavanone 7, 4’-Dihydroxy-3’’, 3’’-Dimethyl-(5,6-Pyrano-2’’-One)-8-(3’’’,3’’’-Dimethyl Allyl)-Isolated from Mallotus Phillipensis: Possible Mechanism for Its Anti-Inflammatory Activity. Waseem Rizvi, Mohammad Fayazuddin, Ompal Singh, Syed Shariq Naeem, Shagufta Moin, Kafeel Akhtar. PLoS ONE 11(12) Dec.12, 2016: e 0167294. Doi :10.1371/ journal.pone 0167294 [Impact Factor 3.54]
- Redox signalling in rheumatoid arthritis and the preventive role of polyphenols, Sumaiya Mateen, Shagufta Moin, Atif Zafar, Abdul Qayyum Khan, Clinica Chimica Acta, 4-10, 463 , 2016. [Impact Factor 2.799] Cited by 6
- Role of Pro-Inflammatory Cytokines and Biochemical Markers in the Pathogenesis of Type 1 Diabetes: Correlation with Age and Glycemic Condition in Diabetic Human Subjects. Naureen Fatima, Syed Mohd. Faisal, Swaleha Zubair, Mohd. Ajmal, Sheelu Shafiq Siddiqui, Shagufta Moin and Mohd. Owais, PLoS ONE 11(18) 2016: e 0161548 [Impact Factor 3.54), cited by 2
- Increased Reactive Oxygen Species Formation and Oxidative Stress in Rheumatoid Arthritis. Somaiya Mateen, Shagufta Moini, Abdul Qayyum Khan, Atif Zafar, Naureen Fatima, PLoS ONE / DOI: 10, 1371/Journal pone: 0152925, April 4, 2016 [Impact Factor 3.22), cited by 34
- Understanding the role of cytokines in the pathogenesis of Rheumatoid Arthritis. Somaiya Mateen, Atif Zafar, Shagufta Moin, Abdul Qayyum Khan, Swaleha Zubair, Clinica Chimica Acta, 455 (2016): 161-171. [Impact Factor 2.892), cited by 39