Image Analysis, Remote Sensing, Sample Surveys
Department of Statistics & O.R., A.M.U. Aligarh, ALIGARH 202002, U.P., India
My research area is Applied Statistics and the doctorate degree is from the University of Oxford. Within the domain of this broad area I have published in the field of digital image analysis, classification (remotely sensed images), epidemiology, and bioinformatics in UK and Germany. The epidemiology paper appeared in the Journal of Helminthology (UK). In terms of innovation in teaching I contributed in popularising PC-based computer education in 1980s and advancing it further till this date. Additionally, I contributed in the efforts to revive the instructions for the award of degrees in remote sensing at AMU. Currently, I am supervising Survey Projects of the students of Bachelor and Master degree programmes of Statistics and also teaching a course on Python programming. Additionally, I am teaching statistics to the students of M.Sc. (Remote Sensing & GIS Applications). In the past, I have taught courses on various topics including, Simulation, Computer Programming, Demography, Statistics for Business Studies, Biostatistics etc. Furthermore, I had been actively involved in the academic administration. Currently I am holding the additional responsibilities of Dean, Faculty of Science and also of the Member -In-Charge of Telephone Department. In the past I held various posts such as Chairperson of Department of Statistics & O.R. and also the Chairperson of Interdisciplinary Department of Remote Sensing & GIS Applications, Director Computer Centre (AMU), Member-In-Charge Telephone Department (AMU), Warden of a Hostel (AMU), Dean of Faculty (RUW Royal University, Bahrain). During the assignment at Bahrain as the Dean of the Faculty I successfully completed the process of getting the Faculty programmes passed through a set of very stringent procedures of Quality Assurance monitored by a team of the international experts.
- Tao, M., Saifuddin, S.K., Ali, QM., Nawaz, S., and Alam, F (2020) .Social Currencies of Social Media Influencers (SMIS) Matter Purchase Intention on Social E-Commerce Platform During COVID-19, RMC Journal of Social Science and Humanities, Vol. 1, Issue 3
- Siddiqui F. and Qazi M. Ali (2017): An analytical study of the classification of highly skewed data, Communications in Statistics - Simulation and Computation, Vol. 46 (10), Pages 7582-7601.
- Ali, Qazi and Farooq, Mohammad Omar (2017): Statistics in Islamic Scriptures and Legacy, Islam and Civilizational Renewal, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 473-487. Available at Elsevier’s site, SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3036341
- Ali, Q.M. (2009): Statistics in Islamic Scriptures, Royal Statistical Society Conference 2009, UK, Ab Book, 206
- Sadia S., Gupta N., Ali Q. M. (2016): Multi-objective capacitated fractional transportation problem with mixed constraints, Mathematical Sciences Letters. Lett. 5, No.3, 235-242.