Maulana Azad Library
Maulana Azad Library (ISO 9000:2015) is the Central Library of the Aligarh Muslim University which is famous for its invaluable collections of manuscripts, rare books and artifacts. M.A. Library currently holds about 14 lakhs volumes of books and subscribes to popular research journals and databases. The library meets the needs of its students, academics and research scholars with a wide range of library services provided by more than 110 college and departmental libraries including Engineering College Library, Medical College Library, Social Science Cyber Library and Ajmal Khan Tibbiya College Library.
The Maulana Azad Library’s vision is to cater to the informational, academic and research needs of the University fraternity, primarily and global community in general, thus, enabling the Aligarh Muslim University to achieve excellence in teaching, learning and research.
The Mission of Maulana Azad Library is to provide user-oriented library services to enhance the teaching, learning and research activities of the Aligarh Muslim University by providing them with high quality academic and research resources.
To achieve the vision and mission of the library, the Maulana Azad Library has the following objectives:
Select, acquire and organise high quality, relevant and up to date information resources according to need and requirement of the university fraternity;
Select and depute qualified, experienced and dedicated library staff to offer high-quality library services to the users;
Develop, maintain and promote a wide range of library services to optimize the use of library resources;
Organise frequently user orientation and staff training programmes for optimum utilization of the resources of the library; and
Adopt the latest tools and technologies to provide library services to the users more effectively and efficiently.
- Maulana Azad Library is going to launch e-library on Refread library platform (https://amu.refread.com) to access all subscribed and useful open access e-resources from anywhere, anytime on one platform. AMU eLibrary provides access of e-resources including e-Books, e-Journals, Video Lectures, Theses, Dissertations, Expert Talks, Literature from world-renowned publishers to serve diverse reading, learning and research needs. CLICK HERE to register.
Maulana Azad Library has subscribed Grammarly, an English writing assistance tool. Faculty members (click here) andresearch scholars(click here)may submit their request for creation of account in Grammarly.
- Maulana Azad Library is providing access toplagiarism detection facility Turnitin to faculty members and research scholars of the university to check their research articles, dissertation, book chapters, reports etc. for plagiarism by their own. For creation of Turnitin account,
How to Access Online Library Resources:- Here is a video which guides on how to access available e-Resources within the campus network or from outside the campus.
A product of Elsevier is the largest abstract and citation database of peer reviewed literature including journal titles from many international publishers as well as some other sources such as Books, Book Chapters, Conference paper and Reviews etc. in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, arts and humanities. CLICK HERE to access Scopus.
- The footfall (users/visitor counting) in the library is of paramount importance as it helps in judicious decision making for the betterment of the library and to supply data to all the external ranking agencies. Since the department has opened for offline for Research Scholar and UG, PG students (final years). Therefore, all are requested to prepare footfall report of their respective college/seminar library/reading rooms on monthly basis and submit through online google form given below to the office of the undersigned on the last date of every month. Click Here to submit monthly data.
- Maulana Azad Library is the top contributor to the National Digital Library of India (NDLI).
- Maulana Azad Library has been top contributor to Shodhganga during 2015 and currently is the sixth largest contributor. 9298 full text Ph.D. Theses of Aligarh Muslim University have been uploaded on Shodhganga website. Click Here to access theses.
- AMU is the winner of ProQuest/Theses highest usage Award.
- INFLIBNET Centre has developed a statistical data repository of socio-economic and industrial data. The repository's aim is to provide access to wide range of unit level ASI and NSS datasets generated by Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), New Delhi seamlessly to the users across the country. New datasets, as and when released by MoSPI are also made available through the repository. All these datasets are provided free-of-cost to the researchers. The repository can be accessed from www.icssrdataservice.in/.
INFLIBNET centre has also introduced an online data analysis tool developed using R Programming and can be accessed from HERE.
List of Documents/Books on Display on Various Occasion
- River Ganga Repository :- A repository consisting of printed as well as digital literature on or about the River Ganga available through M.A. Library. Mirror Link
Dara Shikoh Collection
Students may avail the Library Membership by filling up the online membership form to use library resources, facilities and services.
You can suggest a book for the library to add to the collection. (Note:- M.A. Library will review your suggestion and can take up to three months for new titles to become available).