Department of Geology
News and Publication
1. Arina Khan, Haris Hasan Khan, Rashid Umar, Muneeb Hasan Khan (2014) An integrated approach for aquifer vulnerability mapping using GIS and rough sets: study from an alluvial aquifer in North India, Hydrogeology Journal, Vol. 22, pp. 1561-1572.
2. MEA Mondal, H Wani, Bulbul Mondal (2012) Geochemical signature of provenance, tectonics and chemical weathering in the Quaternary flood plain sediments of the Hindon river, Gangetic plain, India, Tectonophysics, DOI: 10.1016/jtecto.2012.07.001.
3. M.E.A. Mondal and Ausaf Raza, 2013. Geochemistry of sanukitoid series granitoids from the Neoarchaean Berach granitoid batholiths, Aravalli craton, northwestern Indian shield. Current Sci. 105: 102-108.
4. M. Sayad Rahaman and M.E.A. Mondal, 2013. Geochemistry and petrogenesis of the Archaean Tonalite-Trondhjemite-Granodiorite (TTG) and calc-alkaline granitoids of the Aravalli craton, northwestern Indian shield: implications for the crustal evolution. Gondwana Geological Magazine. 28: 1-10.
5. M. Sayad Rahaman and M.E.A. Mondal, 2014. Evolution of continental crust of the Aravalli craton, NW India, during the Neoarchaean ??Palaeoproterozoic: evidence from geochemistry of granitoids. International Geology Review. https://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00206814.2014.950607.
6. Subah Rais and Akram Javed (2014): Identification of artificial recharge sites in Manchi basin, Eastern Rajasthan (India) using remote sensing and GIS techniques. Journal of Geographic Information System, Vol. 6, pp.162-175
7. Talha Anees, Akram Javed and Mohd, Yousuf Khanday (2014): Spatio-temporal land cover analysis in Makhawan watershed (M.P.), India through remote sensing and GIS techniques. Journal of Geographic Information System, Vol. 6, pp.298-306
8. Mushtaq Hussain Wani and Akram Javed (2013): Evaluation of natural resource potential in semi arid micro-watershed, eastern Rajasthan using remote sensing and geographic information system- A case study. Arabian Journal of Geosciences, Vol. 6, pp. 1843-1854
9. Imran Khan, Akram Javed and Shadab Khurshid (2013): Physico-chemical Analysis of Surface and Ground water around Singrauli Coal Field, District Singrauli, Madhya Pradesh, India. Environmental Earth Sciences. Vol. 68, No. 7, pp. 1849-1861
10. Shamim Ahmad Dar, K. F. Khan, Saif A. Khan, Akhtar R Mir, H. Wani and V. Balaram (2013). Uranium(U) concentration and its genetic significance in the phosphorites of the Paleoproterozoic Bijawar Group of the Lalitpur District, Uttar Pradesh, India", Arab J Geosci, DOI 10.1007/s12517-013-0903-8 (Springer).
11. Shamim A. Dar, K. F. Khan, Saif A. Khan, Samsuddin Khan, and M. Masroor Alam,(2014) Petro-mineralogical Studies of the Paleoproterozoic Phosphorites in the Sonrai basin, Lalitpur District, Uttar Pradesh, India, Journal of Natural Resources Research DOI: 10.1007/s11053-014-9260-(Springer)
12. PD Sreedevi, PD Sreekanth, HH Khan, S Ahmed (2013) Drainage morphometry and its influence on hydrology in a semi-arid region using SRTM data and GIS, Environmental Earth Sciences, Vol. 70, pp. 839-848.
13. G Toscani, Bonini, MI Ahmad, Di Bucci, Guilio Di, S Seno S (2014) Opposite verging chains sharing the same foreland: kinematics and interactions through analogue models (Central Po Plain, Italy), Tectonophysics, Vol. 633, pp. 268-282.
14. MI Ahmad, AK Dubey, G Toscani, L Bonini, S Silvio (2014). Kinematic evolution of thrust wedge and erratic line length balancing: insights from deformed sandbox models, International Journal of Earth Sciences, Vol. 103(1), pp. 329-347.
15. A Talib, SM Wasim, Sabeeha, M Arkan (2016) Jurassic Foraminifera from the Dharang Member, Habo Formation, Habo Dome, Kutch, India: systematics, age, palaeoecology and palaeobiogeography, Journal of Systematic Palaeontology, DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14772019.2016.1192230.
16. Bilal Ahmad Bhat, A Talib, SM Wasim (2016) Systematics, age, paleoecology and stratigraphy of Jurassic foraminifera from Fakirwari Dome, Kutch, Gujarat, India, Micropaleontology, Vol. 62(2), pp.171-194.
17. A Talib, SM Wasim, B Sharma (2016) Benthic Foraminifera from Black Limestone member, Habo Formation, Habo Dome, Kutch, India: age and palaeoecologic implications, Arabian Journal of Geociences, Vol. 9, pp. 263.
18. LAK Rao, ZR Ansari, MS Mirza, A Yusuf (2015) Morphometric studies using Remote Sensing and GIS techniques in Bah Tehsil, Agra district, U.P., Journal Geological Society of India, Vol. 85, pp. 197-205.
19. AHM Ahmad, Ruchi Agrawal, Roohi Irshad (2015) Petrographic and geochemical studies of Proterozoic sandstones of Patherwa Formation, Son valley, India: implication for provenance and weathering history, Arab Jour Geosci, Vol. 8, pp. 1977-1991.
20. Arina Khan, Rashid Umar, Haris H Khan (2015) Hydrochemical characterization of groundwater in lower Kali watershed, western Uttar Pradesh, India, Journal of Geological Society of India, Vol. 86, pp. 195-210.
21. M. Sayad Rahaman and M.E.A. Mondal, 2015. Evolution of continental crust of the Aravalli craton, NW India, during the Neoarchaean Palaeoproterozoic: evidence from geochemistry of granitoids. International Geology Review, 57: 1510-1525. doi:10.1080/00206814.2014.950607. ISSN 0020-6814 (Print), 1938-2839 (Online). Impact Factor: 2.628.
22. M.E.A. Mondal, 2015. Modern trends and challenges of classification and genesis of granitic rocks. In: Frontiers of Earth Science, K.L. Srivastava and P.K. Srivastava (eds.) Scientific Publishers (India), pp. 464-476. ISBN :978-81-7233-926-9.
23. Mir Md. Ramiz and M. E. A. Mondal, 2015. Orbicular Structures near Pichhore, Shivpuri district, Bundelkhand Craton: forerunner for a geoheritage site. Current Sci. 109: 684-687. ISSN 0011-3891.Impact factor: 1.043.
24. Tariq Siddique, M. Masroor Alam, M.E.A. Mondal and V.Vishal, 2015. Slope Mass Rating and kinematic analysis of slopes along National Highway-58, near Jonk, Rishikesh, India. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Elsevier., 7: 600-606. ISSN: 1674-7755. DOI: 10.1016/j.jrmge.2015.06.007.
25. M.E.A. Mondal Ismail Samiullah Hamidullah and M. Masroor Alam, 2016. Road cut slope stability assessment using slope mass rating and kinematic analysis near Srinagar, Uttarakhand. In: M.A. Khan, M. M. Alam, A Usmani and K Ali (eds.) Proc. National. Conf. on Advances in Geotechnical Engineering, Excel India Publishers, New Delhi, 61-65.ISBN: 9789385777608.
26. M.E.A. Mondal, Tariq Siddique, Mohammad Alam and M. Masroor Alam, 2016. Rock Mass Rating and kinematic analysis for slope stability investigation of Utari Dam, Lalitpur district, Uttar Pradesh. Jour. Geol. Soc. India, 87: 463-468. ISSN: 0016-7622 (print version) ISSN: 0974-6889 (electronic version). Impact Factor 0.513.
27. M.E.A. Mondal, Tariq Siddique, Bulbul Mondal and M. Masroor Alam, 2016. SMR Geomechanics and kinematic analysis near Rasulpur, Fatehpur Sikri, Uttar Pradesh. Jour. Geol. Soc. India, 87: 623-627. ISSN: 0016-7622 (print version) ISSN: 0974-6889 (electronic version. Impact Factor 0.513.
28. Iftikhar Ahmad, M.E.A. Mondal and M. Satyanarayanan, 2016. Geochemistry of Archaean metasedimentary rocks of the Aravalli craton, NW India: implications for provenance, paleoweathering and supercontinent reconstruction. Jour. Asian Earth Sci., 126:58-73.
29. H. Wani and M.E.A. Mondal, 2016. Geochemical evidence for the Paleoproterozoic arc - Back arc basin association and its importance in understanding the evolution of the Central Indian Tectonic Zone. Tectonophysics, 690: 318-335.
30. Iftikhar Ahmad and M.E.A. Mondal, 2016. Do the BGC-I and BGC-II domains of the Aravalli craton, northwestern India represent accreted terranes? Earth Science India, 9: 167-175, eISSN: 0974 8350.
31. Mohd Yousuf Khanday, Imran Khan and Akram Javed (2016): Watershed management of land use/land cover dynamics in semi-arid watershed, Central India, Arabian Journal of Geosciences, Vol. 9, pp. 458.
32. Mohd Yousuf Khanday and Akram Javed (2016) Prioritization of sub-watersheds for conservation measures in a semi-arid watershed using remote sensing and GIS, Journal of Geological Society of India, Vol. 88(2), pp. 185-196.
33. Shamim A. Dar, K.F. Khan, Samsuddin Khan and M. Masroor Alam(2015) Petro- mineralogical studies of the Paleoproterozoic phosphorites in the Sonrai basin, Lalitpur district, Uttar Pradesh, India, Natu. Resource Res. J., Vol. 24, No. 3, Sep. pp 339-348 (Springer).
34. Saif A Khan, K F Khan, Shamim A Dar (2016) REE Geochemistry of Early Cambrian Phosphorites of Masrana and Kimoi Blocks, Uttrakhand, India, Arabian Journal of Geosciences, DOI: 10.1007/s12517-016-2477-8.
35. Tavheed Khan and M Shamim Khan (2016) Geochemistry of the sandstones of Phunagarh basin: Implications for two source terranes and Arabian-Nubian connection of Aravalli craton?, Journal Geological Society of India, Vol. 88, pp. 366-386.
36. Shamim A Dar, KF Khan, Samsuddin Khan, M Masroor Alam (2015) Petro- mineralogical studies of the Paleoproterozoic phosphorites in the Sonrai basin, Lalitpur district, Uttar Pradesh, India, Natu Resource Res J, Vol. 24(3), pp. 339-348.
37. AR Mir, ZA Bhat, SH Alvi, V Balaram (2015) Geochemistry of black shales from Singhbhum mobile belt, eastern India: implications for paleo-weathering and provenance, Himalayan Geology, Vol. 36(2), pp.136-133.
38. AR Mir and SH Alvi (2015) Mafic and ultramafic dykes of the Singhbhum craton from Chaibasa district, Jharkhand, Eastern India: Geochemical constraints on their magma sources, Current Science, Vol. 109(8), pp.1399-1403.
39. Shaik A Rashid and Javid Ahmad Ganai (2015) Preservation of glacial and interglacial phases in Tethys Himalaya: evidence from geochemistry and petrography of Permo-Carboniferous sandstones from the Spiti region, Himachal Pradesh, India, Arabian Journal of Geosciences, DOI: 10.1007/s12517-015-1877-5.
40. Shaik A Rashid and Javid Ahmad Ganai, Ather Masoodi, Fareed A Khan (2015) Major and trace element geochemistry of lake sediments, India: implications for weathering and climate control, Arabian Journal of Geosciences, DOI: 10.1007/s12517-014-1639-9.
41. MEA Mondal, Iftikhar Ahmad, Mir Md Ramiz (2017) Precambrians of India (A report on the National Conference and Field Workshop held at Jhansi on Nov. 22-24, 2016) Journal Geological Society of India, Vol. 89, 222p.
42. Mir Md. Ramiz and M. E. A. Mondal, 2017. Petrogenesis of mafic magmatic enclaves of the Bundelkhand granitoids near Orchha, Central Indian shield: Evidence for rapid crystallization. In: Halla, J., Whitehouse, M. J., Ahmad, T. & Bagai, Z. (eds) CrustMantle Interactions and Granitoid Diversification: Insights from Archaean Cratons. Geological Society, London, Special Publications, 449, 159-173, https://doi.org/10.1144/SP449.6.
43. M.E.A. Mondal and V. Balaram, 2017. A report on the National Conference & Field Workshop on Precambrians of India November 22-24, 2017 at Jhansi. Jour. Applied Geochemists, 19: 231-232.
44. H. Wani, S. A. Dar, and M. E. A. Mondal, 2017.Occurrence of Unusual Unarmored, Unlithified Fossil Mud Balls in Plio-Pleistocene Lacustrine Sediments, Kashmir, India. The Journal of Geology, 125: 479-486, https://doi.org/10.1086/691721.
45. Iftikhar Ahmad and M.E.A. Mondal, 2017. Report on National Seminar on Recent Advances and Challenges in Geochemistry, Environmental and Sedimentary Geology Feb 27, 2017, A.M.U., Aligarh. Journal of Applied Geochemistry, 19: 351-352.
46. Iftikhar Ahmad, M.E.A. Mondal, Rajneesh Bhutani and M. Satyanarayanan, 2017. Geochemical evolution of the Mangalwar Complex, Aravalli Craton, NW India: Insights from elemental and Nd-isotope geochemistry of the basement gneisses. Geoscience Frontiers, https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.gsf.2017.07.003
47. Salam Ranjeeta Devi, M.E.A. Mondal and John S. Armstrrong-Altrin, 2017. Geochemistry and factors controlling on the weathering and erosion of the Barail Group of Rocks, NW Manipur, India. Jour. Indian Association of Sementologists, 34:9-16
48. T. Siddique, S. P. Pradhan, V. Vishal, M. E. A. Mondal and T. N. Singh, 2017. Stability assessment of Himalayan road cut slopes along National Highway 58, India. Environ Earth Sci, 76:759, DOI 10.1007/s12665-017-7091-x
49. Sarfaraz Ahmad (2017) Impact of climate-tectonic interaction on terrain characteristics of the watersheds in western Himalaya, Carp Jour of Earth and Envi Sci, Vol. 12, pp. 1842-4090.
50. MA Quasim, AHM Ahmad, SK Ghosh (2017) Depositional environment and tectono-provenance of Upper Kaimur Group sandstones, Son Valley, Central India, Arab Journal of Geosciences, Vol. 10(4), DOI: 10.1007/s12517-016-2783-1.
51. V Vishal, T Siddique, Rohan Purohit, Mohit K Phophliya, SP Pradhan (2017) Hazard assessment in rockfall-prone Himalayan slopes along National Highway-58, India: rating and simulation, Natural Hazards, Vol. 85 (1), pp. 487-503.
52. Ghaznavi, A.A., Alam, M.M., Khan, Z. and Ahmad, A.H.M. (2018). Diagenetic evolution vis-a-vis reservoir characteristics of Dhosa sandstones, Ler dome, Kachchh, western India. Arabian Journal of Geosciences, 11(14), p.387.
53. M.A. Quasim, Rabindra Nath Hota, A.H.M. Ahmad, M. Albaroot (2018). An Approach to Provenance and Tectonic setting of the Proterozoic Upper Kaimur Group Sandstones, Son Valley: constraints from framework mineralogy and heavy mineral analysis. Himalayan Geology, 39(2), 145-160.
54. Ghaznavi, A. A., Ahmad, A. H. M., Alam, M.M. and Quasim, M. A. (2018) Heavy Mineral Study of Dhosa Sandstone, Kachchh Basin,Western India: Implication for Provenance and Tectonic Setting. Journal of Geosciences Research, 3(1), 1 – 12.
55. Ghaznavi, A. A., Khan, I. Quasim, M. A. and Ahmad, A. H. M. (2018) Provenance, tectonic setting, source weathering and palaeoenvironmental implications of Middle-Upper Jurassic rocks of Ler dome, Kachchh, western India: Inferences from petrography and geochemistry. Chemie der Erde, 78, 356-371.
56. Khan, Z ., Ahmad, A. H. M., Sachan, H. K. and Quasim, M. A. (2018) The effects of diagenesis on the reservoir characters in Ridge Sandstone of Jurassic Jumara Dome, Kachchh, Western India, Journal of the Geological Society of India, 92, 145-156.
57. Mir Md Ramiz, Md. Erfan Ali Mondal and Syed Hilal Farooq (2018). Geochemistry of ultramafic–mafic rocks of the Madawara Ultramafic Complex in the southern part of the Bundelkhand Craton, Central Indian Shield: Implications for mantle sources and geodynamic setting. Geological Journal,1–23, https://doi.org/10.1002/gj.3290.
58. Shaik A Rashid and Javid Ganai (2018). Depositional environments, provenance and paleoclimatic implications of Ordovician siliciclastic rocks of the Thango Formation, Spiti Valley, Tethys Himalaya, northern India. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 157: 371-386.
59. Javid A Ganai, Shaik A Rashid, Shakil Romshoo. (2018). Evaluation of terrigenous input, diagnetic alteration and depositional conditions of Lower Carboniferous carbonates of Tethys Himalaya, India. Solid Earth Sciences, Elsevier Publications, 3: 33-49.
60. Shaik A Rashid, Shamshad Ahmad, Sunil K Singh and Nurul Absar (2018). Elemental and Sr-Nd isotopic geochemistry of Mesoproterozoic sedimentary successions from NE Lesser Himalaya, northern India: implications for Proterozoic climate and Tectonics. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 163: 235-248.
61. Sarfaraz Ahmad and Khatib Khan 2018, Topographic Influence on glacier change under warming Climate in the Gangotri glacier basin, Garhwal Himalaya, India, Journal of water and climate change, DOI: 10.2166/wcc.2018.119.
62. Ghaznavi, A. A., Ahmad, A. H. M., Alam, M. M. and Quasim, M. A. (2018) Heavy Mineral Study of Dhosa Sandstone, Kachchh Basin,Western India: Implication for Provenance and Tectonic Setting. Journal of Geosciences Research, 3(1), 1-12.
63 . Irshad R., Khan M.S., Ahmad A.H.M. (2019) Sedimentological and petrochemical studies of Jurassic clastic rocks, Habo Dome Basin, Kachchh Mainland, Northwest India: Implications for depositional environment, provenance, and tectonic setting. Island Arc, e12307. https://doi.org/10.1111/iar.12307.
64. Khan Z., Quasim M.A., Amir M., Ahmad A.H.M. (2019). Provenance, tectonic setting, and source area weathering of Middle Jurassic siliciclastic rocks of Chari Formation, Jumara Dome, Kachchh Basin, Western India: Sedimentological, mineralogical, and geochemical constraints. Geological Journal, 1–22. https://doi.org/10.1002/gj.3612.
65. Khan Z., Sachan H.K., Ahmad A.H.M., Ghaznavi A.A. (2019). Microfacies, diagenesis, and stable isotope analysis of the Jurassic Jumara Dome carbonates, Kachchh, Western India: Implications for depositional environments and reservoir quality. Geological Journal, 1–21. https://doi. org/10.1002/gj.3470.
66. Asma A. Ghaznavi, M.A. Quasim, A.H.M. Ahmad, Sumit K. Ghosh (2019). Granulometric and facies analysis of Middle–Upper Jurassic rocks of Ler Dome, Kachchh, western India: an attempt to reconstruct the depositional environment. Geologos, 25(1), 51–73.
67. Faiz Ahmad, M. A. Quasim, A. H. M. Ahmad, Asma A. Ghaznavi, Z. Khan, M. Albaroot (2019). Factors influencing Detrital Mineralogy and Tectono-provenance of Fort Member Sandstone, Jaisalmer Formation, Western Rajasthan, India. Journal of the Geological Society of India, 93, 392-398.
68. M. A. Quasim, A. H. M. Ahmad, Himanshu K. Sachan and Sumit K.Ghosh (2019). Recrystallization and Provenance history of the Upper Kaimur Group Siliciclastics, Son Valley, India: Coupled Petrographic and Fluid inclusion proxy. Journal of the Geological Society of India, 93(2), 177-184.
69. Quasim, M. A., Ghosh, S. K. and Ahmad, A.H.M. (2019). Petrography and Diagenetic evolution of the Proterozoic Kaimur Group Sandstones, Son Valley, India: implication towards reservoir quality. In: Mondal, M. E. A. (eds) Geological Evolution of Precambrian Indian Shield. Springer International Publishing (Society of Earth Scientists Series), 515-550.
70. Shuaib, M., Khan, K. F., Khan, S., & Dar, S. A. (2019). Petro mineralogical Studies of Late Paleocene–Middle Eocene Phosphate Nodules in the Subathu Basin of Solan District, Himachal Pradesh. Mining, Metallurgy& Exploration, 36(5), 879-888. (Springer)
71. Shamshaad Ahmad, Rashid Umar and Ilma Arshad (2019) Groundwater Quality Appraisal and its Hydrogeochemical Characterization – Mathura City, Western Uttar Pradesh. Journal Geological Society of India, 94(6):611-623
72. Khan, I., and Rashid Umar (2019). Environmental risk assessment of coal fly ash on soil and groundwater quality, Aligarh, India. Groundwater for Sustainable Development, 8:346-357.
73. M. E. A. Mondal, M. Faruque Hussain and Talat Ahmad (2019). Archaean granitoids of Bastar craton, Central India. Geological Society, London, Special Publications. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1144/SP489-2019-311.
74. Book : M.E.A. Mondal (ed) Geological Evolution of the Precambrian Indian Shield, 2019 Springer DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-89698-4, ISBN 9783319896984 (online) 9783319896977 (print).
75. Javid Ganai and Shaik A Rashid (2019). Anoxia and fluctuating climate recorded from the Carboniferous black shales, Tethys Himalaya, India: A multi-proxy approach International Journal of Earth Sciences. 108(3), 863-883.
76. Shaik A Rashid, Shamshad Ahmad, Naqeebul Islam and Javid Ganai, (2019). Precambrian crustal history unraveled from the geochemical studies of post-Archean rocks, Arunachal Pradesh, NE Lesser Himalaya. In: Geological Evolution of the Precambrian Indian Shield (Editor: M.E.A. Mondal). Springer International publications. Pp. 551-575.
77. Mujeebul Hasan and ABDULLAH KHAN (2019). Petrographic study of Meso- Neo Proterozoic Kaimur Sandatone, Vindhyan Supergroup, Chittorgarh, Southeastern Rajasthan, India: Implication for Provenance, Tectonic setting and Paleoclimate. Journal of Indian Association of Sedimentologists, v.36, Nos. 1 &2, pp.51-64.
78. Ahmad M. I., Toscani G. (2019) Variation in geometries and displacement along thrust faults: a quantitative analysis from sandbox models. International Journal of Earth Sciences. Vol. 108 (5), pp 1527-1550. DOI:10.1007/s00531-019-01718-6.
79. Ghaznavi, A. A., Quasim, M. A., Ahmad, A. H. M. and Ghosh, S. K. (2019) Granulometric and facies analysis of Middle–Upper Jurassic rocks of Ler Dome, Kachchh, western India: an attempt to reconstruct the depositional environment. Geologos, 25(1), 51–73. https://doi.org/10.2478/logos-2019-0005
80. Archean TTG magmatism in the Aravalli craton, NW India: Petrogenetic and geodynamic constraints Iftikhar Ahmad, M.E.A. Mondal and M. Satyanarayanan (2019). Archean TTG magmatism in the Aravalli craton, NW India: petrogenetic and geodynamic constraints. In: M.E.A. Mondal, (Ed.), Geological Evolution of Precambrian Indian Shield (Springer), pp. 179-204. Citations: 7
81. Geochemical and Nd isotopic studies of the Neoarchaean-Palaeoproterozoic granitoids of the Aravalli Craton, NW India: Evidence for heterogeneous crustal evolution processes Md Sayad Rahaman, M.E.A. Mondal, Iftikhar Ahmad, R. Bhutani, A.K. Choudhary (2019). Geochemical and Nd isotopic studies of the Neoarchaean-Palaeoproterozoic granitoids of the Aravalli Craton, NW India: Evidence for heterogeneous crustal evolution processes. In: M.E.A. Mondal (Ed.), Geological Evolution of Precambrian Indian Shield (Springer), pp. 327-350. Citations: 5
Ahmad, F., Quasim, M. A., Ahmad, A. H. M., Rehman, S. M. and Asjad, S. (2020) Depositional mechanism of Fort Member Sandstone (Early-Late Bathonian), Jaisalmer Formation, Western Rajasthan: insights from granulometric analysis. Geology, Ecology, and Landscapes. DOI: 10.1080/24749508.2020.1833642
Quasim, M. A., Khan, S., Srivastava, V. K., Ghaznavi, A. A. and Ahmad, A. H. M. (2020) Role of cementation and compaction in controlling the reservoir quality of the Middle to Late Jurassic Sandstones, Jara dome, Kachchh Basin, western India. Geological Journal. 1–19. https://doi.org/10.1002/gj.3989
F. Ahmad, M. A. Quasim and A. H. M. Ahmad (2020) Microfacies and diagenetic overprints in the limestones of Middle Jurassic Fort Member (Jaisalmer Formation), Western Rajasthan, India: Implications for the depositional environment, cyclicity, and reservoir quality. Geological Journal. 1–22. https://doi.org/10.1002/gj.3945 2.
F. Ahmad, M. A. Quasim and A. H. M. Ahmad (2020) Lithofacies characteristics and depositional environment interpretations of the Middle Jurassic Fort Member rocks, Jaisalmer Formation, Western Rajasthan, India. Journal of Sedimentary Environments. https://doi.org/10.1007/s43217-020-00023-6.
M. A. Quasim, S. K. Ghosh, A. H. M. Ahmad, V. K. Srivastava and M. Albaroot (2020) Integrated approach of lithofacies and granulometric analysis of the sediments of the Proterozoic Upper Kaimur Group of Vindhyan Supergroup, Son Valley, India: Palaeo-environmental implications. Geological Journal, 1–22. https://doi.org/10.1002/gj.3781.
Sadia Khanam, M. A. Quasim, A. H. M. Ahmad and Sumit K. Ghosh (2020) Sedimentation in a rifted basin: Insights from the Proterozoic Rajgarh Siliciclastics, Delhi Supergroup, Northeastern Rajasthan. Journal of the Geological Society of India, 95, 117-130.
Dar, S. A., Khan, K. F., & Mir, A. R. (2020). Provenance and paleo-weathering of Paleoproterozoic siliciclastic sedimentary rocks of Bijawar Group, Sonrai Basin, Uttar Pradesh, India: using a geochemical approach. Journal of Sedimentary Environments, 1-15. (Springer)
Ilma Arshad and Rashid Umar (2020). Status of urban hydrogeology research with emphasis on India. Hydrogeology Journal, 28:477-490.
Mohd Suhail Husain, Rashid Umar and Shamshaad Ahmad (2020). A comparative study of springs and groundwater chemistry of Beas and Parbati valley, Kullu District, Himachal Pradesh, India. HydroResearch, 3, 32-47.
M.E.A. Mondal, Iftikhar Ahmad, M. Sayad Rahaman, Rajneesh Bhutani and Talat Ahmad (2020). An overview of Precambrian geology of Aravalli Craton and Fold Belt, north-western India. Proc Indian Natn Sci Acad. 86:67-79. DOI: 10.16943/ptinsa/2020/49795
Iftikhar Ahmad, M.E.A. Mondal, Md Sayad Rahaman, Rajneesh Bhutani & M. Satyanarayanan (2020).Archean Granitoids of the Aravalli Craton, northwest India. Geological Society, London, Special Publications 489, 215-234. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1144/SP489-2018-195.
Ausaf Raza and M.E.A. Mondal (2020). Geochemical comparison of quartzites of the Archaean basement complexes of the Aravalli and Bundelkhand blocks of the North Indian shield: implications for provenance composition and crustal evolution. Jour. Indian Association of Sedimentologists. 37: 45-67.
Tariq Siddique, M. E. A. Mondal, S. P. Pradhan, M. Salman and M. Sohel (2020). Geotechnical assessment of cut slopes in the landslide prone Himalayas: rock mass characterization and simulation approach. Natural Hazards, Springer.https://doi.org/10.1007/s11069-020-04175-6.
Mir MdRamiz, M.E.A. Mondal and Iftikhar Ahmad (2020). Neoarchean A-Type Granite in the Bundelkhand Craton near Kuraicha: Implications for Crustal Reworking. Earth Science India, 13:78-95, https://doi.org/10.31870/ESI.13.3.2020.7
Mohammad Adil Aman, Yunus, A.P and Akram Javed (2020): "Fluvial knick point identification and their characterizations in the drainage basins of Western Ghats, India". Spatial Information Research, Springer Publisher http://doi.org/10.1007/s41324-020-00345-7, July 2020
Mohammed S. Alshayef, and Akram Javed (2020): “Assessment of relative tectonics activity Zones in Masila oil field, Yemen. Journal of Geovisulaization and Spatial Analysis, Springer publisher V. 4, No. 16 http://doi.org/10.1007/s41651-020-00058-3
Tavheed Khan, D. Srinivasa Sarmaa and M. Shamim Khan 2020 Geochemical study of the Neoproterozoic clastic sedimentary rocks of the Khambal Formation (Sindreth Basin), Aravalli Craton, NW Indian Shield: Implications for paleoweathering, provenance, and geodynamic evolution. Geochemistry. doi.org/10.1016/j.
O N Bhargava, Birendra P Singh, B Pandey, JA Ganai, GM Bhat, SK Prasad and S A Rashid (2020). Contributions to the Palaeozoic and Mesozoic of the Himalaya. Proc Indian Natn Sci Acad. 86 No. 1 March 2020 pp. 217-226.
Sarfaraz Ahmad and Khatib Khan, (2020). Impact of Elevation - Glaciation – Teconics on terrain characteristics of the watersheds in Bhagirathi valley, Garhwal Himalaya. Journal of Association of Indian Sedimentologist, 37 (2) , p.141 - 147, http://dx.doi.org/10.51710/jias.v37i2.110 .
Sarfaraz Ahmad and Zabiullah ansari (2020). Sedimentological and mineralogical characteristics of the the Himalayan Glaciers. Geology, Ecology, and Landscapes, 1-12 , https://doi.org/10.1080/24749508.2020.1833626
Sarfaraz Ahmad and Zabiullah Ansari (2020) Characteristics of rock-water interaction in Gangotri Pro-glacier meltwater stream at high altitude catchment Garhwal Himalaya, Uttarakhand, India, Indian Journal of Earth System Science, Volume 129, issue 1, 14pp.
Sarfaraz Ahmad and Md. Mulhim (2020). Hydrochemical evolution and quality assessments of streams water in Alaknanda valley, Garhwal Himalaya, India. Journal of Desalination and Water Treatment 185 (2020) 384–394.
Sarfaraz Ahmad (2020).Temporal and Spatial analysis of the Cryosphere - Atmosphere - Biosphere Interaction over Garhwal Himalaya, India. Disaster Advances, Disaster, 13(3): 32-38.
Sarfaraz Ahmad, Nepal Singh and Syeda Nigar Mazhar, (2020), Hydrochemical characteristics of groundwater in Trans – Yamuna aquifer, Central Indo – Gangetic plain, Palwal district, Haryana, India, Journal of Applied Water Science, 10, 75. 16pp.
Sarfaraz Ahmad and Zabiullah ansari (2020) Hydrochemical evolution and quality assessments of streams water in Bhagirathi valley, Garhwal Himalaya, India. Asian Journal of water, Environment and Pollution, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 93-100, 2020
Syeda Nigar Mazhar*, Sarfaraz Ahmad (2020), Hydrochemical characteristics of groundwater in Ramganaga aquifer, Central Indo – Gangetic plain, Bareilly district, UP, India. J of geological society of India .V. 95, pages 616–625
Syeda Nigar and Sarfaraz Ahmad (2020). Assessment of Water Quality Pollution Indices and Distribution of Heavy Metals of Drinking Water in Ramganga Aquifer, Bareilly district, UP, India,Journal of Groundwater sustainable development, V.10, 15pp, (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gsd.2019.100304).
SH Alvi, BA Abuamarah, UA Chaudhary, NK Malik, MA Galmed (2020) Configuration, Geodynamic Evolution and Metallogeny of Paleoproterozoic Mobile Belt, Eastern India: An Overview. Journal of King Saud University-Science, 101264
Syed Md Wasim, Matias Reolid, Abu Talib, Shabber Habib Alvi (2020) Callovian to Oxfordian benthic foraminifera from Ler Dome, Kutch Basin (Gujarat, India): Systematic, ecostratigraphy and palaeoenvironmental reconstruction. RivistaItaliana di Paleontologia e Stratigraphia. Volume 126 (2) 315-362.
Alvi, S. H. and Shaif M. (2020): Geochemical signatures of manganese ores around Barbil, Noamundi-Koira basin, Singhbhum Craton, Eastern India, Geology, Ecology ,and Landscapes. Geology, Ecology, and Landscapes, pp.,1-9. DOI: 10.1080/24749508.2020.1720489
T Siddique, SP Pradhan, Nani Das, AK Anand, TN Singh (2020) Stabilization of cut slopes along the highway by optimizing geometry, NH-58, Lesser Himalaya. Journal of the Geological Society of India, Springer. 96(1): 79-86. ISSN: 167622.
T Siddique, SP Pradhan, V Vishal, TN Singh (2020) Applicability of Q-slope Method in the Himalayan Road Cut Rock Slopes and Its Comparison with CSMR. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering, Springer. doi.org/10.1007/s00603-020-02176-2. Electronic ISSN: 1434-453X and ISSN: 0723-2632. (Impact Factor: 4.140)
SP Pradhan and T Siddique (2020) Stability assessment of landslide-prone road cut rock slopes in Himalayan terrain: A finite element method based approach. Journal of Rock mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Elsevier. 12(1): 59-73. ISSN: 16747755.
34 .Shaif, M., Ahmad, M., Siddiquie, F. N. (2020). Mineralogical studies of manganese ores of Banswara district, Rajasthan (India) in Journal of Geological Society of India, 97, 189-198.doi.org/10.1007/s12594-020-1527-8
Khanam, S., Quasim, M. A. and Ahmad, A. H. M. (2021) Diagenetic control on the distribution of porosity within the depositional facies of Proterozoic Rajgarh Formation, Alwar sub-basin, Northeastern Rajasthan. Journal of the Geological Society of India (Accepted).
M. Shuaib, K. F. Khan, A. Hussain, M. Jawad & Shamim A. Dar(2021) Rare-earth element (REE) geochemistry of late Paleocene–middle Eocene phosphate nodules in the Subathu Basin of Solan District, Himachal Pradesh, India. J. Sediment. Environ. 6, 1–12 (Springer)
Naseem us Saba and Rashid Umar (2021). Identification of the processes controlling groundwater quality in shallow aquifers of Moradabad city, west Uttar Pradesh, India. Environment, Development and Sustainability, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10668-020-01196-w.
Chaudhary, U. A., & Alvi, S. H. (2021). Geochemical Characteristics of Quartzite in Parts of PaleoproterozoicDhanjori Group, SinghbhumCraton, Eastern India: Implications for Provenance and Paleoweathering. Journal of the Geological Society of India, 97(3), 315-325.
Khan, R., Shaif, M., Siddiquie, F. N. (2021).Mineragraphic Studies of Pb-Zn Ore Deposits of Rampura-Agucha Area, Bhilwara Belt, Rajasthan. Journal of Scientific Research,6 (01), 39-50. DOI: 10.37398/JSR.2021.650106
NEWS OF THE DEPARTMENT
Prof. M E A Mondal awarded National Geoscience Award 2017
Prof. M.E.A. Mondal awarded Outstanding Researcher Award 2018 by Aligarh Muslim University
Prof. Rashid Umar awarded INC IAH Award for excellence in Ground Water Science - 2019 by Indian National Chapter of International Association of Hydrogeologists
Lecture by Dr. Mirza Arshad Beg of Universiti Teknologi Petronas, Malaysia delivered lectures on : 1. Reservoir Characterization and Modelling and (2) Field Development Plan on March 12, 2019 in the Dept of Geology.
Mr. Usman Aarif Khan awarded best paper presentation Award in GEOYOUTH at Udaipur on Feb 23-24, 2019
Mr. Mir Md Ramiz appointed as Officer in National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) in December 2018.
List of NET/JRF students Dec 2017
01. Ebadurrahman AIR-04 02. Rajiullah Khan AIR-14 03. Qamruzzama AIR-45
04. Muhammad Zaid AIR-75 05. Lata Udsaiya AIR-95
01. Usman Arif Chaudhri 02. Iqbal 03. Shaman Siddiqi 04. Tabrez Alam
05. Mohammad Danish 06. Aditi Sharma
List of students those who have qualified Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Exam-2017
1. Ms. Naima Akhtar (AIR 4) 2. Ms. Lata Udsaiya (AIR 6)
3. Mr. Md. Sarif Khan (AIR 19) 4. Mr. M Suhail Salim (AIR 24)
Mr. Mir Md Ramiz, Research Scholar, Department of Geology, AMU Aligarh has been adjudged 2nd in an event named GEOSHOTS organized by the BHU Geoscience Student Chapter of American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG), Asia Pacific Region on August 25, 2017.
Mr. Md Sayad Rahaman, Research Scolar appointed as Assistant Professor in Presidency University, Kolkata in Dec 2016.
List of students qualified for JRF-DEC 2016
1. Mr. Ebadur Rahman 2. Mr. Qamuruzzama 3. Mr. Abdur Rahman 4. Mr. Deepak Kumar
5. Mr. Usman Khan 6. Mr. Jawad Malik
List of students qualified for NET-DEC 2016
1. Ms. Naima Akhtar 2. Ms. Lata Udsaiya 3. Mr. Abul Qasim 4. Mr. Mohd. Danish
5. Mr. Razuddin 6. Mr. Nikhil Patel 7. Mr. Shamsuddin 8. Mr. Tabrez Alam
9. Mr. Saddam Hussain
Placement scenario of students 2015
List of JAM 2015 Qualifiers
1. Mohd Rizwan (AIR 01) 2. Abdul Salam A. (AIR 01) 3. Anuj Gurg (AIR 03) 4. Shadab Ahmad
5. Yogesh Kumar 6. Nohid Khan 7. Aquib Khursheed 8. Almas Afreen
9. Mohd. Sajid 10. Pritam Thomas 11. Affan Ahmad 12. Ajay kumar verma
13. Mohd. Shoeab 14. Ejaz Ahmad Khan 15. Masarul Islam
List GATE Qualified students : Total 29
1. Danish Aftab 2. Md Tanweer Ahmad 3. Aquib Jamal Ansari 4. Mohd Amir Hussain
5. Abdul Sharique 6. Mohd Imran 7. Naiyar Azmi 8. Shahid Jamal
9. Amir Hamza 10. Mirza Ilyas Beg 11. Rajiullah Khan 12. Gulam Mohd
13. Ebadur rahman 14. Sarwar Nizam 15. Syed Adil Mizan 16. Shamsheer Ahmad
17. Yatin Sharma 18. Hifzurrahman 19. Mir Md Ramiz 20. Mashkoor Khan
21. Sumbul Qamar 22. Tanveer Fatima khan 23. Waseem Ahmad Chaudhary
24. Rafeeque Akhtar 25. Shahzad Alam 26. Muzammil Husain 27. Md Sharif Khan
28.Nasim Husain Ansari 29. Mohammad Shoeb
Placement scenario of students 2013-14
NET/JRF (CSIR/UGC): 40
JAM/GATE (IIT): 31