Department of Linguistics
Sociolinguistics,Applied Linguistic and Morpho-Syntax
Depends upon the no. of vacancies availlable with the teachers
M.A. in Linguistics/Applied Linguistics
Apart from teaching and research, a candidate with Ph.D. degree in linguistics can also pursue his/her career in Language teaching, Information technology, Speech pathology, Translation, Language documentation, and other interdisciplinary areas.
- To produce professionals/experts with rigorous research and analytical skills in Linguistics.
- To produce the language researchers and experts with broad-based knowledge to make original and significant contribution in linguistics and language studies.
- The researcher will be able to develop the thorough and comprehensive understanding in the field of their specialization.
- The researcher would be able to develop critical thinking and the ability to enrich the understanding in the area of language and linguistics.
- The researcher would be able to develop the state-of-the-art skills in the field of Linguistics and Language studies.
Depends upon the no. of vacancies available with the teachers
M.A in LAMM
M.A in LAMM
Apart from teaching and research, a candidate with Ph.D. degree in Language of Advertising Media and Market (LAMM) can pursue his/her career in content development for advertisement, books, magazines, movies, tourism, sports and designing visual concepts for products and for their promotion. Art direction, Translation, News and media are other areas of scope.
Researcher would be able to critically evaluate current researchers, research techniques and methodologies; trends in the field of Media studies.