M. Phil (Geology), Ph.D (Geology)
Economic Geology, Geochemistry and Mineralogy
A/B-51, Medical Colony, AMU, Aligarh, U.P. India
Dr. Kr. Farahim Khan obtained M. Sc. (1982), M. Phil (1986) and Ph. D (1992) degrees in Geology and P.G. Dip (1983) in Hydrogeology from AMU, Aligarh, India. He was awarded faculty of science merit scholarship in B.Sc.(Honours) and M.Sc. and UGC JRF and SRF during Ph.D. He was appointed as Lecturer (1991) in the Department of Geology, AMU, Aligarh, through General Selection Committee. He was promoted as Senior Lecturer (1996), Reader (2001),Associate Professor (2006) and Professor(2013).He is in charge of P G Diploma in Gem Testing and Jewellery Designing under the 'Centre of Professional Courses'. He has been teaching ore geology, mineralogy, gemology, mineral resources and mineral exploration to under graduate and post graduate classes for the last 29 years. His research area includes Economic Geology, Geochemistry and Mineralogy. He is particularly interested in the Geochemical and mineralogical studies of phosphorite deposits in India in order to delineate the depositional environment and genesis of the deposits to make assessment of their quality for economic interest. 24 project oriented dissertations for the degree of M.Sc. have been completed under his supervision. He has guided four Doctoral Thesis and one M.Phil Dissertation. He is presently guiding five Ph.D. scholars.He is life Member of the Indian Society of Geo chemists and the South Asian Association of Economic Geologists (Indian Chapter). He has published research papers in peer reviewed international and national journals as 1.Chemie der Erde-Geochemistry, Elsevier (Germany) 2.Journal of Rare Earths, Elsevier (China) 3.Journal of Geology and Mining Research (Africa) 4.Journal of teaching and education (USA) 5.Journal of Earth Science and Climate Change (USA) 6.Arabian journal of Geosciences (Springer) 7.Natural Resources Research (Springer) 8.Journal of Applied Geochemsitry 9.Journal of the Indian Association of Sedimentologist. 10.International Journal of Environmental, Chemical, Ecological, Geological and Geophysical Engineering(U.K) 11.Journal Sedimentary Environment (Springer).
- M. Shuaib, K. F. Khan, A. Hussain, M. Jawad & Shamim A. Dar(2021) Rare-earth element (REE) geochemistry of late Paleocene–middle Eocene phosphate nodules in the Subathu Basin of Solan District, Himachal Pradesh, India. J. Sediment. Environ. 6, 1–12 (Springer)
- Dar, S. A., Khan, K. F., & Mir, A. R. (2020). Provenance and paleo-weathering of Paleoproterozoic siliciclastic sedimentary rocks of Bijawar Group, Sonrai Basin, UttarPradesh, India: using a geochemical approach. Journal of Sedimentary Environments, 1-15. (Springer)
- Shuaib, M., Khan, K. F., Khan, S., & Dar, S. A. (2019). Petro mineralogical Studies of Late Paleocene–Middle Eocene Phosphate Nodules in the Subathu Basin of Solan District, Himachal Pradesh. Mining, Metallurgy& Exploration, 36(5), 879-888. (Springer)
- Dar Shamim A, Khan K.F. and Birch W.D, (2017). Sedimentary: Phosphate, Reference Module in Earth System and Environmental sciences, Elsevier, 24-Feb DOI: 10.1016/B978-0-12-409548-9.10509-3. (Book Chapter).
- Shamim A Dar and K.F. Khan.(2016) “Depositional Environment of phosphorites” in book “Coastal and Marine Environment". INTECH Europe Publishers http://dx.doi.org/10.5772/62186.(Book Chapter)
- Saif A Khan, K F Khan and Shamim A Dar (2016), “REE Geochemistry of Early Cambrian Phosphorites of Masrana and Kimoi Blocks, Uttrakhand, India”Arabian Journal of Geosciences 9: 456, DOI 10.1007/s12517-016-2477-8 (springer).
- K. F. Khan, & Samsuddin Khan (2016). “Petro-Mineralogical Studies of Phosphorite Deposit of Sallopat Block of Banswara District, Rajasthan, India”. International Journal of Geological and Environmental Engineering Vol: 10, No: 6, pp. 689-696..
- Saif A Khan, K F Khan and Shamim A Dar (2016), “REE Geochemistry of Early Cambrian Phosphorites of Masrana and Kimoi Blocks, Uttrakhand, India” Arabian Journal of Geosciences 9: 456, DOI 10.1007/s12517-016-2477-8(springers).
- Shamim A. Dar, K.F. Khan, Shamsuddin Khan & M. Masroor Alam (2015). “Petro-mineralogical studies of the Paleoproterozoic phosphorites in the Sonrai basin, Lalitpur district, Uttar Pradesh, India” J Natural Resource Research J., Vol.24,No.3,Sep.pp 339-348.
- Shamim Ahmad Dar, K. F. Khan, Saif A. Khan, Akhtar R Mir, H. Wani and V. Balaram (2013). Uranium(U) concentration and its genetic significance in the phosphorites of the Paleoproterozoic Bijawar Group of the Lalitpur District, Uttar Pradesh, India", Arab J Geosci, DOI 10.1007/s12517-013-0903-8 (Springer).
- K.F. Khan, Shamim A Dar, Saif A Khan (2012), “Geochemistry of phosphate bearing sedimentary rocks in parts of Sonrai block, Lalitpur District, Uttar Pradesh, India”. Chemie der Erde- Geochemistry, Elsevier, vol. 72 (2), pp. 117–125.
- K.F. Khan, Shamim A Dar, Saif A Khan (2012), “Rare earth element (REE) geochemistry of phosphorites of the Sonrai area of Paleoproterozoic Bijawar basin, Uttar Pradesh,India”. Journal of Rare Earths- Elsevier, vol. 30 (5), pp.507–514
- K.F. Khan, Saif A Khan, Shamim A Dar and Z. Husain (2012), “Geochemistry of phosphorite deposits around Hirapur-Mardeora area in Chhatarpur and Sagar districts, Madhya Pradesh, India”. Journal of Geology and Mining Research, vol. 4(3) pp. 51-64.
- M. Masroor A. Khan, K. Farahim Khan, Moinuddin, Shahnawaz (2012). “Making teaching of science more friendly, comprehensible, innovative and efficient using various teaching devices in developing countries”. Journal of teaching and education 1 (2); 57-64 (USA)