Department of Surgery
Dept. data last updated on :26/05/2023
MS (General Surgery)
21 per year
- 100% placement post MS
- Many of the PG's got enrolled in superspeciality courses all over India following completion of MS from our department.
- To train the Resident doctor to practice surgery efficiently and effectively, based on scientific knowledge skill, Human Values, Ethical practice and Communication skills in General Surgery .
- Shall have acquired a spirit of scientific enquiry and is oriented to the principles of research methodology and epidemiology; exercise empathy and a caring attitude and maintain high ethical standards.
- Shall recognize the health needs of the community, and carry out professional obligations ethically and in keeping with the objectives of the national health policy.
- Develop communication skills and be able to obtain an informed consent from the patient.
- Provide leadership and get the best out of his team.
- Apply high moral and ethical standards while carrying out human or animal research.
- Accept the limitations of his knowledge & skill and to ask for help from colleagues when needed.
- Respect patients’ rights and privilege.
- At the end of MS course the resident doctor should be able to make the diagnosis of common surgical ailments.
- The residents doctors at the end of course shall be able to advice relevant investigations & carry out effective management.
- Professional honesty and integrity has to be fostered.
- Surgical care is to be delivered irrespective of the social status, caste, creed or religion of the patient.