Department of Surgery
Intermediate with PCB
Candidates get selected through NEET - UG in JNMC
Undergraduates are eligible for 50% institutional quota in PG courses in JNMC.
- To train the undergraduate to diagnose common surgical ailments.
- Regular ward teachings, demonstrations and lectures covering all the prospects of general surgery at basic level.
- Make them aware about the surgical ethics and good clinical practice.
- They should be able to take proper history, conduct thorough clinical examination of the patients, perform essential diagnostic procedures and advice relevant tests and interpret them to come to a reasonable diagnosis of the common surgical problems and emergencies.
- They should be able to perform minor surgical procedures under supervision.
- They should be able to provide basic and advanced life support (BLS & ATLS) in emergency condition.
- They should be able to diagnose common surgical malignancies and provide timely referral as well as can run screening programs and provide knowledge to the community about primary prevention.
- They should follow ethical principles in all aspects of surgical practice.
- They should have good communication skills and provide empathy to their patients and their relatives as well as are able to break bad news.
- They should respect patient’s right to information and to seek a second option whenever necessary.