MS, FACS, FICS, FAIS, FACRSI, FAIGES, FMAS
GI Surgery especialy Colorectal & Endosurgery
AB-43, Medical Colony, AMU, Aligarh-202002.
He did his MS in Surgery in 1994. At present, working as Professor and Surgical consultant in the department of Surgery, J N Medical College, AMU, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh India. He has been awarded FICS, FAIS FMAS, FAIGES and FACRSI. He also received outstanding young surgical teacher award in 2008 by Association Surgeons of India, UP Chapter. He has 56 publications as author and co-author in national and international journals and presented 27 papers at different academic meets. He has supervised 39 thesis for MS/MD course and attended more than 74 conferences, workshops, symposium and CME as delegates and faculty. He has been the examiner of MBBS and MS (Gen Surgery) several times. The area of interest is GI surgery especially colorectal surgery, laparoscopy and endoscopy. Till date he has done more than 6000 open and laparoscopic surgical cases and more than 2500 diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopies. He runs the Colo-rectal special Clinic at J N Medical College & Hospital.
- Tayiba, Afzal Anees, Shehtaj Khan, Sayeedul Hasan Arif. Immunohistochemical localization of myoepithelial cells to differentiate invasive from non-invasive lesions of breast- nip the problem in the bud. Surg Chron 2021; 26(1): 52-56
- Shiraz Khan, Afzal Anees. Effect of COVID 19 Pandemic on Healthcare Workers at Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College Hospital: A Tertiary Care Center in Aligarh, India. Saudi J Bus Manag Stud Soc Sci, 2021; 6(1): 10-14.
- Anees A, Saleem M, Yashawanth TM (2020) Advances in Breast Cancer Treatment and General Masses in Developing Countries. J Clin Oncol Ther, Volume 2:1. 111. DOI: https://doi.org/10.47275/2690-5663-111.
- Akhtar k, Suhailur Rahman, Kiran Alam, Afzal Anees. Signet Ring Carcinoma of the Appendix- A Rare Case Report. Br J Med Health Res. 2020;7(08)
- Rameez Hasan, Deepti Bhatt, Shahbaz Khan1, Vasiuddin Khan, Amit Kumar Verma, Prahalad Singh Bharti, Afzal Anees, Kapil Dev. Frequency of I655V SNP of HER-2/neu in colorectal cancer: a study from India. Doi.org/10.1007/s13205-018-1545-z. 3 Biotech (2019) 9:11
- Rameez Hasan, Deepti Bhatt, Shahbaz Khan1, Vasiuddin Khan, Amit Kumar Verma, Afzal Anees, Kapil Dev. Association of Her-2 expression and clinicopathologygical parameters in colorectal carcinoma in India population. Macedonian J Med Sci. doi.org/10.3889/oanjms.2019.008
- Kaushal-Deep SM, Lodhi M, Anees A, et al. Randomised prospective study of using intraoperative, intraincisional and intraperitoneal ropivacaine for the early discharge of post-laparoscopic cholecystectomy patients as a day case in a cost-effective way in government setup of low-income and middle-income countries: Opening new horizons. Postgrad Med J 2019;95:78–84.
- Singh Mathuria Kaushalâ??Deep, Afzal Anees, Shehtaj Khan, Mohammad Amanullah Khan, Mehershree Lodhi. Primary cecal pathologies presenting as acute abdomen and critical appraisal of their current management strategies in emergency settings with review of literature. Int J Crit Illn Inj Sci. 2018 Apr-Jun;8(2):90-99
- Mohammad Moeen, Afzal Anees, Noora Saeed and Kafil Akhtar. Efficacy of Narrow Band Imaging in Detecting Lower Gi Lesions and Its Histologic Correlation. Annals of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Vol. 5, Issue 5, May, 2018 A 362- 366
- Singh Mathuria Kaushalâ??Deep, Afzal Anees, Shehtaj Khan, Mohammad Amanullah Khan, Mehershree Lodhi. Randomized controlled study of intraincisional infltration versus intraperitoneal instillation of standardized dose of ropivacaine 0.2% in post-laparoscopic cholecystectomy pain: Do we really need high doses of local anesthetics—time to rethink! Surgical Endoscopy (2018) 32:3321–3341
- Kaushal-Deep SM, Lodhi M, Anees A, Khan S, Khan MA. Evolution of Various Components of Pain After Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy: Importance of Its Prognostication for Effective Pain Control Using a Local Anesthetic and for Making a Valid Practical "Discharge Criteria" Model Predicting Early Discharge of Patients. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2018 Apr; 28(4):389-401
- Tausia Nasreen, Noora Saeed, Kafil Akhtar, Shaista M. Vasenwala, Afzal Anees. Role of E-Cadherin as a Cell Marker in the Differential Diagnosis of Breast Lesions. IP Journal of Diagnostic Pathology and Oncology, October-December 2017;2(4):96-99
- Noor Saeed, Kafil Akhtar, Moin Ahmad, Afzal Anees. Colonic endoscopy in detecting lower GI lesions and its histologic correlation. IP Archives of Cytology and Histopathology Research, 2017;2(4):81-84. DOI: 10.18231/2456-9267.2017.0004
- Kafil Akhtar, Shivani Gupta, Afzal Anees. Adenomatoid Odontogenc Tumor with Radicular Cyst-A rare presentation. Adv Res Gastroentero Hepatol. 2017;3(1):555604. DOI:10.19080/ARGH.2017.03.555604
- Shahbaz h Faridi, Mohd Aslam, Afzal Anees, Bushrasiddique. A Comparison of primary Closure of Common Bile Duct versus T-tube drainage after Open Choledocholithotomy. Surgical Chronicles 2017; 21(3):122-124
- Anees A, Singh KD, Khan S. Low grade fibromyxoid sarcoma of the perineum: a surgical challange. Int Surg J 2017; 4: 429-31
- Anees A, Singh KD, Khan MA, Khan S. Tubercular esophagocutaneous fistula: a rare case Int J Health Allied Sci. 2017; 6: 53-5
- Kafil Akhtar, Mohd Rafey, Noora Sayeed, Afzal Anees. A rare presentation of Infiltrating angiolipoma. J Int Current Research. 2017; 9(2): 46136- 46138
- Anees A, Singh KD, Khan S et al. Unusual bleeding from scrotal skin- a case report with review of literature. Int J Health Sci Res 2016: 6(7); 1-5
- Kafil Akhtar, Afzal Anees. Alveola soft part sarcoma: rare cytological impression. Internet Journal of Case Reports, 2016;1(1):CS1
- Akhtar K, Rafey M, Arif SH, Anees A. Tuberculosis of the lip: An interesting case presentation. MOJ clin Med Case rep 2016: 5(4); 00141 DOI 10.15406/mojcr, 2016.05.00141.
- Rana S, Farooqui MR, Rana S, Anees A, Ahmad Z, Jairajpuri ZS. The role of laboratory investigations in evaluating abdominal tuberculosis. J Fam Community Med 2015;22:152-7.
- Akhtar K, Anees A. Alveolar soft part sarcoma: A rare cytological impression. IJCR. 2016; 1(1): CS1
- Reyaz Ahmad, Shetaj khan, LJ Ezung, Afzal Anees, Rajendra Singh Chana. Type 1 Sigmoid atresia misdiagnosed as Hirschprung disease, Formosan Journal of Surgery 2015 ; dx.dot.org/10.1016/j.fjs.2015.03.004
- Shahbaz h Faridi, Afzal Anees, Bushrasiddique, Nadeem M Ahmad. Amyand’s hernia masquandering as a strangulated inguinal hernia; a case report with review of literature. J Med Sci 2014; 34(6): 260-262
- Afzal Anees. Recent advances in management of malignant Anal neoplasm. Souviner of UPASICON. 2014
- MI Zea, R Farooqui, MM Ahsan, Afzal Anees, T H Ashraf . Prospective study of changing pattern of occurrence and treatment of abdominal tuberculosis at JNMC Aligarh over a period of six year. Ind J Sci Resb2014; 9(1): 47-50
- M. Saleem, Tanuja Agrawal, Afzal Anees. A study of tumour growth based on stoichiometric principles: a continuous model and its discrete analogue, Journal ofBiological Dynamics. 2014;8(1) :117-134, DOI:10.1080/17513758.2014.913718
- Hakim S, Ahmad A, Jain M, Anees A.Unilateral functional uterine horn with non-functional rudimentary horn and cervicao-vaginal agenesis: a case report. Bangladesh J of Med Sci. 2014; 13(1): 101-104
- Habib FaridiSh, Siddiqui B, Amanullah Khan M, Anees A, Ali SA. Suprapubic Fecal Fistula Due To Richter’s Inguinal Hernia: A Case Report and Review of Literature. Iran J Med Sci. 2013;38(2): 129-131.
- Kafil Akhtar, RanaSherwani, Afzal Anees. Synchronus Ovarian carcinoma with Colorectal metastasis: an unusual presentation. Clinics and Practice 2012 : 2:e53
- S Sachdeva, Z Khan, MA Ansari, N Khalique, Afzal Anees. Lifestyle and Gallstone Disease: Scope for primary prevention.Ind J Comm Med 2011; 36(4): 263-267
- Mohammed Naim, Vanesa T John, Kavita Gaur, Afzal Anees. Septic disruption of lactiferous ducts with heterogeneous carcinoma of the breast in a lactating womanBMJ Case Reports 2010; doi:10.1136/bcr.02.2010.2754
- M I Zea, Afzal Anees, M Amanullah Khan. A gaint gall stone presenting as hard lump: a case report Middle East J of Internal Med 2010;3(1): 48-50
- M. Zea&A. Anees : Giant anterior urethral calculus presenting with periurethral abscess: a case report. The Internet Journal of Tropical Medicine.2010; Vol 6, No 2
- M.I. ZEA, A. Anees, N. Islam, K.S. Zafar, T.H. ASHRAF: Comparison of metabolic and inflammatory stress response after laparoscopic and open cholecystectomy. The Internet Journal of Surgery.2010 Volume 22 Number 2. DOI: 10.5580/
- S. S. Ahmad, M. J. Hasan,Afzal Anees, K. Rahman S. Zaheer, S M D QaseemHydatid disease of intestine manifesting as acute abdomen a case report - American JournalGastroenterol. 2009 Doi:10.1038/ajg.2009.671
- M Hassan, Afzal Anees, S Zaheer.Kikuchi- Fujimoto disease – diagnostic dilemma and the role of immunohistochemistry.J Cl Med Res doi:10.4021/jocmr2009.01.1220.
- M I Zea, R S Chana, Afzal Anees, S M Khan. Inverted ileal prolapsed through patentVitellointestinal duct: a case report. Internet J Pedia&Neonatol 2009: vol 10, no 2.
- Afzal Anees, Iqbal Zea, MR Ajmal. Lower gastrointestinal haemorrhage- an overview.Gastroenterol Today 2008; 12 : 145 – 149.
- M Hassan, S Mirza, S Zaheer, Afzal Anees. Familial Multiple polyposis coli – repot of a case Ind J Bio research2008 ; 63: 104-107.
- Afzal Anees, M A Khan, Iqbal zea, M. Khalid. Choledocho-colonic fistula: a rare biliary –enteric fistula causing refractory diarrhea. Internet J Surg. 2008; vol 17, no 2.
- Afzal Anees , MA Khan, MI Zea, A Peevez, M Khalid. Amoebic liver abscess: The evolving concept of management.Internet J Trop Med 2008; vol 5, no 1.
- Z. Ahmad, DK Pandey, A Hasan, Afzal Anees Trauma: An unusual aetiology of Pulmonary Pseudocyst. Ind J Chest Dis Allied Sci. 2008; 50 (3): 293-294.
- A Anees, M Yaseen, R Sherwani, MA Khan. Extensive Lymphangiomacircumscriptum. JIACM 2006; 7(1): 55-57.
- H Usmani, FA Khan, MH Raza, A Quadir S Bano MH Siddiqui MA Khan T Mansoor,A.Anees, N Nabi. Chemical sympathectomy for thromboangitis obliterans: Comparison with surgical sympathectomy. Surgery. 2005; 15(20): 28-30.
- SH Harris, AK Verma MA Khan MH Raza A Anees Serum Biochemical markers in the prognostication of breast cancer. Surgery 2005; 15(20):24-26.
- Anees A. Ashraf SM. Mishra AK Large bowel intussusception in Adults. The Indiain Practitioner. Feb2005;58(2):111-112.
- Anees Afzal, Khan M.A., Harris S.H., Chaturvedi B.C.,“Chiladiti’s Syndrome – A surgeon’s Dilemma”. Delhi Journal of Surgery.2004.
- SM Vasenwala, SM Ashraf, Afzal AneesA case report of extra adrenal retroperitoneal paragangioloma. I J Bio Research, 2003; 50(4): 67-70.
- Anees Afzal, Ashraf S.M., Khan M.A “Echinococcosis of Spleen – A Report of Two Cases”, Delhi Journal of Surgery 2003;1 (IV): 158
- T.Rabbani, Z.Arshad, Afzal Anees, ZehraMohsin, ”Vesical Calculus as a cause of VVF in uterovaginal Prolapse- A Case Report”, Journal of Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Family Welfare, 2002; XIII(32033):30-31.
- S.Hakim, I.Bano, N.A.Bharadawaj, Afzal Anees, S.Rana,”Dermoid Cyst of Mons Pubis- A case Report”, The Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of India, 2000; 50(6):121.
- K.Alam, V.Maheshwari, Afzal Anees, et al, ”Angiomyolipoma of the Kidney- A Diagnostic dilemma”, Journal of Cytology, 2000; 17(2):121-123.
- Ashraf S.M., Afzal Anees, “Chronic Duodenal ileus”, The Antiseptic, December 2000, 97(12);443-44.
- M.H.Raza, S.Saeed, Afzal Anees, “Cholecystitis presenting as perforated duodenal ulcer in patient of Situs inversus totalis”, Indian Medical Gazette, June 1993;194-96.