MS, DNB (Gen. Surgery), MRCS (Glasgow), Fellowship in Urology (UK)
I have done my MBBS in 2006 and MS in 2010 from J.N. Medical College and joined as senior resident in this department in 2010. After that I passed MRCS (Glasgow) examinaton in 2011 and DNB (Gen. Surgery) exam in 2012. I have done two years hands-on Fellowship and training in Urology from Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, UK. I am currently working as Assistant Professor in this Department since November 2012. I have attended many Urology, General surgery, Laparoscopy and Trauma related workshops and training programmes in India and in U.K. I have presented papers and published articles in various national and state journals. I have also published one book and written one chapter in a book in reputed publications. My aim is to do academic research work, to share my knowledge and experience with my juniors and apply my clinical skills to ease the sufferings of the community.
I have the responsibility of starting and maintaining Urology services including OPDs and theatres at my institution. My near future aim is creation of a separate Urology unit in the department. I intend to bring projects for the establishment of high quality Urology care services. At present I am conducting Urology OPD on Tuesdays and Fridays and operating on Mondays.
Papers published in journals
Naseem S, Ahmad M, Baneen U, Moin S. Fructosylation of Human Serum Albumin- Implications in Diabetes Mellitus. Journal of Cardiovascular Disease Research 2021; 12 (06): 356- 365
Khan F, Chaudhary B, Sultan A, Ahmad M, Yasir Alvi, Mohammad Salman Shah, and Haris M. Khan. Qualitative Thematic Analysis of Knowledge and Practices of Surgical Antimicrobial Prophylaxis at a Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital. Surgical Infections 2020, 21(X): 1-8
- ??Perween N, Sultan A, Akhtar A, Khan F, Rizvi M, Khan HM,Ahmad M. Nitrofurantoin and Fosfomycin for the CRE and MDR uropathogens: are the choices still same?. Int J Community Med Public Health 2020; 7: 3980-7
- Ahmad M, Kumar P, Sultan A, Akhtar A, Chaudhary B, Khan F. Prevalence of Community Acquired Uropathogens and their Antimicrobial Susceptibility in Patients from the Urology Unit of A Tertiary Care Medical Center. J Pure Appl Microbiol. 2020;14(3): 1-7
- Ahmad M, Khan F, Sultan A, Rehman A, Naik, AKR, Afreen S. Accidental Chlorhexidine-alcohol Induced Chemical Burns: Need for Regular Cross-checks in the Perioperative Period. Int J Cur Res Rev. 2020; 12(15): 31-34
- Khan F , Sami H, Rizvi M, Shah M S, Khan T, Ahmad M, Sultan A, Shukla I. Specimen collection: The art of laboratory science among the clinicians. J Patient Saf Infect Control [serial online] 2017 [cited 2017 Aug 19]; 5:35-39
- Akhtar M.S., Ali W.M., Khan T.A., Raza M.H., Ahmad M, Sajid M. Laparoscopic transabdominal preperitoneal versus open mesh lichtenstein repair of inguinal hernia: a comparative analysis. Int J Med Res Rev. 2016; 4 (7):1199-1206.
- Akhtar MS, Ali WM, Khan TA, Raza MH, Ahmed M. Index admission laparoscopic cholecystectomy for gall stone pancreatitis. Ann. Int. Med. Den. Res. 2016; 2 (2): 148-52
- Ahmad M, Raza MH, Akhtar MS, Mushtaque N. Omphalolith a cause of peritonitis: A case report. SURGERY (upchapterasi). 2015; 30(34): 33-35
- Ahmad M, Raza MH, Akhtar MS. Prolapse of small bowel through the vaginal introitus following illegal abortion: A case report. SURGERY (upchapterasi). 2014; 27(32): 46-47
- Ahmad M, Raza MH, Akhtar MS, Ashraf H, Hasan A. A clinical and microbiological study of diabetic foot patients at JNMC, AMU, Aligarh. SURGERY (upchapterasi). 2013; 26( 31): 32-37
- Raza MH, Akhtar MS, Ahmad M, Hasan A, Mahmud AA, Ahmed NM, Yadav M, Khan FM. Trichobezor in a young women: A case report. SURGERY (upchapterasi). 2013; 26( 31): 32-37
- MK Khan, M Ahmad, SA Hanif, M Kumar. Accidental Degloving of Penile Skin-A Case Report. Medico-Legal Update 13 (2), 50-52
- Raza MH, Akhtar MS, Ahmad M, Hasan A. “Cholecystopyloric fistula with gastric outlet obstruction”- A rare form of gallstone ileus and its management. SURGERY (upchapterasi). 2013; 25(30): 40-42
- Raza MH, Ahmad M, Akhtar MS. Radiological Quiz. SURGERY (upchapterasi). 2013; 25(30): 46
- Beg MH, Rabbani MU, Akhtar MS, Ahmad M. Use of bone cutter to tackle a frozen lead: a novel technique. Indian journal of thoracic cardiovascular surgery. 2012; 28(4): 276-277
- Raza MH, Rab AZ, Ahmad M, Shahab F. Renal Angiomyolipoma with review of literature. SURGERY (upchapterasi). 2012; 24( 29): 39-42
- Faridi SH, Aslam M, Siddiqui B, Ahmad M, Verma N. Isolated splenic metastasis from carcinoma cervix. SURGERY (upchapterasi). 2012; 24(29): 43-45
- Ahmad M, Nida S, Mansoor T, Banu N, Ahmad S. Evaluation of Oxidative Stress and DNA Damage in Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Patients and Comparison with Controls. Ind. J. Clin. Biochem. 2012; 27(4): 385-388.
- Mansoor T, Banu N, Ahmad M, Ahmad S. Evaluation of oxidative stress and DNA damage in prostate cancer patients and comparison with controls. SURGERY (upchapterasi). 2011; 22(27): 24-29
- Papers read at conferences
- Correlation between endoscopic findings and histopathology in esophageal lesions. Annual Conference Of ASI- UP and Uttarakhand- UPASICON 2014, AMU, Aligarh
- A study of clinical and microbiological profile of diabetic foot cases at JNMC, AMU, Aligarh. Annual Conference Of ASI- UP and Uttarakhand- UPASICON 2013, Ghaziabad
- Role of chromoendoscopy in diagnosis of upper gastrointestinal diseases. Annual Conference Of ASI- UP and Uttarakhand- UPASICON 2012, Dehradun
- Renal Angiomyolipoma with review of literature. Annual Conference Of ASI- UP and Uttarakhand- UPASICON 2012, Dehradun
- BOOK PUBLISHED:
- Ahmad M. Oxidative stress and DNA damage in prostate tumours: with antioxidant status during treatment course. LAP Lambert Academic Publishing- 2012, ISBN-978-3-8484-8236-8, 89 pages
Contributed a chapter on “Epidemiology, Etiology and Risk factors for Covid-19” in book entitled Covid 19: A Holistic Perspective” pages 14-39, published by Sunrise Publishers with ISBN 978-81-947489-0-8