MBBS, MS, FNB, FCLS, FIAGES
Laparoscopic Surgery, Advance Hernia Surgery, Gastro-Intestinal Surgery, General Surgery
Department of Surgery, JN Medical College, AMU , Aligarh
Dr. Md Yusuf Afaque pursued his fellowship national board of examination (FNB) in minimal access surgery (laparoscopic surgery) at Max super speciality hospital, Saket, New Delhi, and then got trained in AIIMS, New Delhi, for three years. He is an editor of an upcoming international journal and reviewer of two international and three national journals. He has published three review articles apart from many other key articles. He has authored a chapter in the book on small bowel endoscopy (Intech Open, London, UK). He has a YouTube channel for teaching operative techniques of complex surgeries.
1. Afaque MY, Rizvi SAA, Aslam M Snapshot quiz, British Journal of Surgery, 2021;, znaa040, https://doi.org/10.1093/bjs/znaa040
2. Afaque MY. Assessing the complexity of ventral hernia by methods of Tanaka, Sabbagh, Carbonell, and Love. Hernia. 2020 Jul 21. doi: 10.1007/s10029-020-02267-7. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32696149.
3. Afaque MY, Rizvi AA. Comparison between transversus abdominis release and anterior component separation technique in complex ventral hernia. Int J Abdom Wall Hernia Surg 2020;3:81-6
4. Priya P, Kantharia N, Agrawal JB, Agrawal A, Agrawal L, Afaque MY, Rizvi ASA, Baig SJ. Short- to Midterm Results After Posterior Component Separation with Transversus Abdominis Release: Initial Experience from India. World J Surg. 2020 Oct;44(10):3341-3348. doi: 10.1007/s00268-020-05644-6. PMID: 32566977.
5. Afaque, M.Y., Alam, J., Riyaz, M. et al. Small Bowel Anastomosis Single-Layer Close Suturing—Open-Label Case Series. Indian J Surg (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12262-020-02479-2
6. Yusuf Afaque, Md Riyaz, Mohammad Aslam, Amjad Rizvi.The role of diverting loop ileostomy for intraperitoneal colonic anastomosis. A literature review. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2018 Oct, Vol 12:10 PE01 - PE03.
7. Md Yusuf Afaque, Vivek Bagaria, Md Majid Anwer, Amit Gupta, Sushma Sagar, Subodh Kumar. Very extensive pelvic injury with complete separation of two hemipelvices in a child by sharp agricultural machinery. The National Medical Journal of India, Vol 29(1):2016.
8. Sanjay Kumar Saroj, Satendra Kumar, Yusuf Afaque, Abhishek Bhartia, Vishnu Kumar Bhartia. The Laparoscopic Re-Exploration in the Management of the Gallbladder Remnant and the Cystic Duct Stump Calculi. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2016 Aug, Vol-10(8): PC06-PC08.
9. Pradeep Chowbey, Anil sharma, Amit Goswami, Yusuf Afaque, + 4 others Residual Gallbladder Stones after Cholecystectomy; A literature Review. JMAS : 2015 | Volume : 11 | Issue : 4 | Page : 223-230. Review. PMID: 26622110
10. M K Das, H Roy, M Y Afaque, A Mukherjee, D Gautam, Pancreaticogastrostomy in Cases of Chronic Pancreatitis: A preliminary study. JIMA Vol 106, Dec 2008. PMID: 19370952
11. Sanjay Kumar Saroj, Satendra Kumar, Yusuf Afaque, Abhishek Bhartia, Vishnu Kumar Bhartia. Laparoscopic repair of congenital diaphragmatic hernia in adults- A retrospective study. Minim Invasive Surg. 2016;2016:9032380. PMID: 28074156jgmjmhkh,
12. Kumar BS, Yusuf MY, Vidya J, Kumar SS.Congenital gallbladder and biliary anomalies: a difficult and different surgical entity. Ann Laparosc Endosc Surg 2018;3:AB008. doi: 10.21037/ales.2018.AB008 (Abstract)
13. Kumar SS, Kumar BS, Vidya J, Yusuf M Y. Post-cholecystectomy syndrome and cystic duct stumpcalculus in post cholecystectomy: a surgical bizarre. Ann Laparosc Endosc Surg 2018;3:AB010. doi: 10.21037/ales.2018.AB010 (Abstract)