MBBS, MS, FNB, FCLS, FIAGES
Laparoscopic Surgery, Advance Hernia Surgery, Gastro-Intestinal Surgery, General Surgery
Department of Surgery, JN Medical College, AMU , Aligarh
Dr. Md Yusuf Afaque pursued his fellowship of national board of examination (FNB) in minimal access surgery (advance laparoscopic surgery) at Max super speciality hospital, Saket, New Delhi, and then got trained in AIIMS, New Delhi, for three years.
He is an editor of an upcoming international journal and reviewer of three international and three national journals. He has published four review articles apart from many other key articles.
He has authored a chapter in the book on small bowel endoscopy (Intech Open, London, UK) and a chapter on his innovative surgery for complex ventral hernias, Springer Nature, (Singapore).
He has a YouTube channel for teaching operative techniques of complex surgeries (14 videos, 75,000 views).
He is an executive committee member of the Hernia Society of India (2021-2013).
1. Afaque, M.Y. Why Clavien–Dindo classification should be used along with SSI, SSO, and SSOPI in hernia surgery?. Hernia (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10029-022-02578-x
2. Afaque, . M. Y., Rehman, N. ., Alam, J. ., Varshney, H. ., Ali Rizvi, S. A., & Aslam, M. . (2022). Importance of Critical View of Safety, Rouviere’s Sulcus, and Minimal Energy Device Usage in Reducing Biliary Injury in Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy. Surgery Insights. https://doi.org/10.55085/si.2022.620
3. Baig, S. J., Afaque, M. Y., Priya, P., Sheth, H., Goel, R., Mahawar, K. K., Agarwalla, R., & IAGES Collaborative (2022). Practice and short-term outcomes in ventral hernia repair: a prospective multicenter data audit of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons Research Collaborative. Hernia : the journal of hernias and abdominal wall surgery, 10.1007/s10029-022-02666-y.
4. Baig, S., Afaque, M. & Priya, P. Surgical Site Infection After Transversus Abdominis Release: a Review. Indian J Surg (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12262-022-03413-4
5. Baig, S.J., Afaque, M.Y. & Priya, P. Combination of Transversus Abdominis Release and Peritoneal Flap Hernioplasty for Large Midline Ventral Hernias: A Case Series. Indian J Surg (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12262-021-03279-y
6. Afaque M.Y. Hernia sac volume is important in predicting difficulty in ventral hernia surgery. Hernia 2021. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10029-021-02390-z
7. Afaque MY, Rizvi SAA, Aslam M Snapshot quiz, British Journal of Surgery, 2021;, znaa040, https://doi.org/10.1093/bjs/znaa040
8. Afaque MY. Assessing the complexity of ventral hernia by methods of Tanaka, Sabbagh, Carbonell, and Love. Hernia. 2020 Jul 21. doi: 10.1007/s10029-020-02267-7. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32696149.
9. Afaque MY, Rizvi AA. Comparison between transversus abdominis release and anterior component separation technique in complex ventral hernia. Int J Abdom Wall Hernia Surg 2020;3:81-6
10. Priya P, Kantharia N, Agrawal JB, Agrawal A, Agrawal L, Afaque MY, Rizvi ASA, Baig SJ. Short- to Midterm Results After Posterior Component Separation with Transversus Abdominis Release: Initial Experience from India. World J Surg. 2020 Oct;44(10):3341-3348. doi: 10.1007/s00268-020-05644-6. PMID: 32566977.
11. Afaque, M.Y., Alam, J., Riyaz, M. et al. Small Bowel Anastomosis Single-Layer Close Suturing—Open-Label Case Series. Indian J Surg (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12262-020-02479-2
12. Yusuf Afaque, Md Riyaz, Mohammad Aslam, Amjad Rizvi.The role of diverting loop ileostomy for intraperitoneal colonic anastomosis. A literature review. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2018 Oct, Vol 12:10 PE01 - PE03.
13. Md Yusuf Afaque, Vivek Bagaria, Md Majid Anwer, Amit Gupta, Sushma Sagar, Subodh Kumar. Very extensive pelvic injury with complete separation of two hemipelvices in a child by sharp agricultural machinery. The National Medical Journal of India, Vol 29(1):2016.
14. Sanjay Kumar Saroj, Satendra Kumar, Yusuf Afaque, Abhishek Bhartia, Vishnu Kumar Bhartia. The Laparoscopic Re-Exploration in the Management of the Gallbladder Remnant and the Cystic Duct Stump Calculi. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2016 Aug, Vol-10(8): PC06-PC08.
15. Pradeep Chowbey, Anil sharma, Amit Goswami, Yusuf Afaque, + 4 others Residual Gallbladder Stones after Cholecystectomy; A literature Review. JMAS : 2015 | Volume : 11 | Issue : 4 | Page : 223-230. Review. PMID: 26622110
16. M K Das, H Roy, M Y Afaque, A Mukherjee, D Gautam, Pancreaticogastrostomy in Cases of Chronic Pancreatitis: A preliminary study. JIMA Vol 106, Dec 2008. PMID: 19370952
17. Sanjay Kumar Saroj, Satendra Kumar, Yusuf Afaque, Abhishek Bhartia, Vishnu Kumar Bhartia. Laparoscopic repair of congenital diaphragmatic hernia in adults- A retrospective study. Minim Invasive Surg. 2016;2016:9032380. PMID: 28074156jgmjmhkh,
18. Kumar BS, Yusuf MY, Vidya J, Kumar SS.Congenital gallbladder and biliary anomalies: a difficult and different surgical entity. Ann Laparosc Endosc Surg 2018;3:AB008. doi: 10.21037/ales.2018.AB008 (Abstract)
19. Kumar SS, Kumar BS, Vidya J, Yusuf M Y. Post-cholecystectomy syndrome and cystic duct stumpcalculus in post cholecystectomy: a surgical bizarre. Ann Laparosc Endosc Surg 2018;3:AB010. doi: 10.21037/ales.2018.AB010 (Abstract)
- Management of Carcinoma Breasthttps://youtu.be/qgQy6QFBAL0