The Academic Section of the Registrar's Office is situated on the top floor of the Administrative Block. It deals with the following:-
- Dealing with the permission as well as grant of financial assistance to the teachers of the Departments of Studies for attending Conferences/Seminars/ Workshop/ Symposia etc within India and Abroad.
- Dealing with the Grant of financial assistance to the Research Scholars for attending Conferences/Seminars/ Workshop/ Symposia etc within India and Abroad, Financial Assistant for publication work/Field work.
- Dealing with Duty Leave to University Teachers for academic work.
- Dealing with the permission as well as grant of financial assistance for holding National/ International Conference/ Seminar/ Symposia/ Workshop/ CME etc. in the University.
- Dealing with the permission and payment of TA/DA to the staff accompanying with the students in Educational tours.
- Keeping the record of Major/Minor Research Project funded by the different funding agencies to the teachers of the University. Permission for field work and other visits under the head of concerned projects.
- Dealing with issuing orders in respect of awardees of ICMR Fellowship (JRF/SRF/RA), ICSSR Fellowship (Short-Term/Doctoral Fellowship/Post-Doctoral Fellowship/Senior Fellowship), DST (DST-INSPIRE-JRF/SRF, DST-WOS-Women Scientist Fellowship), DHR-Young Scientist Fellowship under HRD Scheme, DBT-Ramaligaswami Re-entry Fellowship (Ministry of Science and Technology)/Research Associate/JRF (Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India), NBHM-Post Doctoral Fellowship (Atomic Energy, Govt. of India).
- Dealing with the requests from Principle Investigator of the Projects regarding adhoc appointment to be made under DRS-SAP Programme sanctioned as well as Projects by the UGC.
- Dealing with issuing orders with regards to grant of stipend to the MD (Unani) students, Scholarship to the students of Post-Graduate Diploma in Hydrogeology, Stipend to the students of Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery Course, Studentship to the students of M.Sc. Biotechnology, UGC-National Scholarship to the M.A. 1st Semester Students, Centre of Advance Study (Department of History).
- Dealing with Appointment of External Examiners to constitute Assessment Committee for upgradation of Fellowship from JRF to SRF of the Research Scholars.
- Dealing with the request seeking for recognition of Madarsa Courses with this University. Keeping record of Memorandum of under Standing with other National and International Intuitions, Issuing the Certificate for Medium of instruction.
- Issuing the notices of the meeting of Board of Studies as well as Faculties and its other related work